Davis Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    I agree it is a Webb thread and I want the kid to succeed. When Eli retires I want it to go seamlessly. I do not want the same situation that transpired when Simms retired.

Sorry I have to say 320 to 215 is hardly 1-1 TD to INT ratio. The other 2 absolutely

Collins actually is close with 208-196
    Fair enough, I really had no idea what Eli's ratio was, but it's better than I thought

I stand corrected
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
      Stop. Lets not make excuses and exaggerate how much time he has to throw the damn ball.

A poster suggested that Collins had a sub 60% comp rate, couldn't run, and had a 1 to 1 TD/INT rate. All three of those things pretty much describe Eli perfectly, with the possible exception of the TD/INT, which is probably not too far off. It was nothing but an observation on my part, and not an inaccurate one.

Lets not turn this thread into a pointless Eli debate. Its a Davis Webb thread.
      Then why did you bring up Eli?
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Webb is a compelling project but will take at least a full season (and probably 2) before he can even be a reliable backup. That's why we have Geno as a decent placeholder. He has played in a spread offense his whole career and he gets rattled easily. The potential is there and the raw tools like the big arm are as well, and he also has a top notch work ethic which is important, but we are a long way from feeling this guy can even be a stable backup let alone a quality starter for us.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
          Thank you...I was gonna say same thing.

Comment

I agree it is a Webb thread and I want the kid to succeed. When Eli retires I want it to go seamlessly. I do not want the same situation that transpired when Simms retired.

Sorry I have to say 320 to 215 is hardly 1-1 TD to INT ratio. The other 2 absolutely

Collins was 81/ 70 with the NYG`s Using his stats while playing for crap teams like the Titans and Raiders skews the numbers and the judgement. I only care how he played here. Still , I would hope for better numbers from Webb.

Comment

Thank you. SEAMLESSLY. That's why I wanted a QB drafted pretty much where Webb was taken. Maybe its a fantasy but I want Eli to have a couple more productive seasons, and then hand Webb "the keys" with a smile on his face.
              It's not a wasted roster spot. With this team built the way it is, it would be irresponsible to not have a viable backup ready. Doubt that's Johnson or Geno. No repeat of that lost season the Cardinals had a few seasons back when Palmer went out and they had a SB roster, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                Collins had an arm, but if we're hoping Webb is "as good" we're hoping for mediocrity...at best. Collins had a less than 60% completion rate, had about a 1 to 1 QB to INT ratio, and ran like he had a piano on his back.

I'm hoping for more.
                Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                I'm in a similar camp. Collins was a decent enough QB but hardly a guy you win titles with. There is no way we should be "happy" if that's what Eli's current heir apparent turns out to be.
                Agreed. We want him to be Kerry Collins... Seriously?

Look I give Collins a lot of credit but like you said, hoping for that is hoping for mediocrity that might have a good game every now and then. We are looking for a future franchise QB. Not a quality back up.

Comment

I brought him up in a constructive, non-inflammatory way. Theres a huge difference between that, and the usual non-stop stupid pissing contests that Eli threads normally mutate into(ie.."pointless Eli debate")

Thats common sense for most folks, and I didn't think I had to clarify. Guess I was wrong.
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I brought him up in a constructive, non-inflammatory way. Theres a huge difference between that, and the usual non-stop stupid pissing contests that Eli threads normally mutate into(ie.."pointless Eli debate")

Thats common sense for most folks, and I didn't think I had to clarify. Guess I was wrong.
                    You were wrong. Your common sense doesn't make sense.
                    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Fair enough, I really had no idea what Eli's ratio was, but it's better than I thought

I stand corrected
                      So you honestly thought Eli had over 300 ints like his over 300 tds for your close to a 1 to 1 ratio? And we're supposed to bow to your great Giants knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                        So you honestly thought Eli had over 300 ints like his over 300 tds for your close to a 1 to 1 ratio? And we're supposed to bow to your great Giants knowledge.
                        Without looking at the numbers, I had no idea how many INT's he had, which is why I did not definitively say, at any point, "Eli has a 1 to 1 TD/INT ratio". I freely admitted to being wrong a few posts back.

Never claimed to have "great Giants knowledge" either, sport, but thanks for showing the world how easily your feelings get hurt

Comment

You were wrong. Your common sense doesn't make sense.
                          Only to those who dont possess common sense in the first place.

Bringing up our QB in a conversation in the manner that I did was not inflammatory in any way. However, with your history of hypersensitivity to even the slightest hint of negativity toward him, this response comes as no surprise to me.

Thats another name to the ignore list. I dont have to listen to your whiny bull**** anymore

To those who refuse to use the ignore feature, you guys seriously have no idea what you're missing!

Comment

Only to those who dont possess common sense in the first place.

Bringing up our QB in a conversation in the manner that I did was not inflammatory in any way. However, with your history of hypersensitivity to even the slightest hint of negativity toward him, this response comes as no surprise to me.

Thats another name to the ignore list. I dont have to listen to your whiny bull**** anymore

To those who refuse to use the ignore feature, you guys seriously have no idea what you're missing!
                            lol where is it? how to use it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                              lol where is it? how to use it? lol
                              Click on their username, click 'view profile', and the option to "add to ignore list" is to the left

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
                                Does he remind anyone else of a thinner Kerry Collins?

Not just physically but his throwing motion - I feel like i'm watching his son or something.
                                HA -- good call!

Webb has a beautiful release. Throws it really nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X