Davis Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I guess that's semantics. He rushes throws under pressure. In other words he often throws it too early when he's under pressure. And often ducks out of the way as he's throwing it.
    I call that "paniced". You can use whatever other description you like.
    Using "paniced" is making a claim of his emotional state, which I don't really think we have the access to make that observation. You might be right, he may be panicing, IDK. But based on his overall emotional stability ever since he came here in situations we can observe, I would be surprised if pressure or the expectation of it would cause him to panic.

Eli is a smart player, he knows that he isn't fleet a foot. If pressure is coming, he needs to make a decision and make it quickly because he will not be able to create a lot more time on his own. It leads to mistakes, but also leads to some very good plays.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjmjV_at_6I

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Using "paniced" is making a claim of his emotional state, which I don't really think we have the access to make that observation. You might be right, he may be panicing, IDK. But based on his overall emotional stability ever since he came here in situations we can observe, I would be surprised if pressure or the expectation of it would cause him to panic.

Eli is a smart player, he knows that he isn't fleet a foot. If pressure is coming, he needs to make a decision and make it quickly because he will not be able to create a lot more time on his own. It leads to mistakes, but also leads to some very good plays.
        Eli is very smart. But what we call "decisions" in the pocket. (suggesting contemplation of reason) are really "reactions" in the pocket. They aren't decisions at all but split second reactions.
        Eli's reactions aren't related to his intelligence. They are related to his tendency to react in a way that risks the football.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Eli is very smart. But what we call "decisions" in the pocket. (suggesting contemplation of reason) are really "reactions" in the pocket. They aren't decisions at all but split second reactions.
          Eli's reactions aren't related to his intelligence. They are related to his tendency to react in a way that risks the football.
          Eli's instincts have always been to try and still make something happen. Regardless of what else is going on - his gut wants him to try and make something out of the situation. Some times it's awesome. Most times it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
            Eli's instincts have always been to try and still make something happen. Regardless of what else is going on - his gut wants him to try and make something out of the situation. Some times it's awesome. Most times it's bad.
            That's not what I see. I see reckless play at times amid a pass rush. Again...These aren't decisions. they are reactions. I remember TC during the 2011 combine publicly saying that Eli needs to take more sacks and throw the ball away more. Well he did. he had his best season by far. But old habits die hard. He ultimately reverts back to his natural tendencies. It's the paradox of Eli Manning. You simply have to take the bad with the good. there is plenty of good. But he will ultimately be remembered as the most enigmatic QB in Giants history.

Comment

That's not what I see. I see reckless play at times amid a pass rush. Again...These aren't decisions. they are reactions. I remember TC during the 2011 combine publicly saying that Eli needs to take more sacks and throw the ball away more. Well he did. he had his best season by far. But old habits die hard. He ultimately reverts back to his natural tendencies. It's the paradox of Eli Manning. You simply have to take the bad with the good. there is plenty of good. But he will ultimately be remembered as the most enigmatic QB in Giants history.
              I think it is a bit early to decide what he will "ultimately" be remembered for. Maybe he will be remembered as a 5x Super Bowl MVP, ultimately.

Comment

But he will ultimately be remembered as the most enigmatic QB in Giants history.
                That's your opinion...and you certainly have every right to it...but the truth is that he will be remembered as the greatest QB, by far, in Giants history.

Comment

Originally posted by GCGiant View Post
                  That's your opinion...and you certainly have every right to it...but the truth is that he will be remembered as the greatest QB, by far, in Giants history.
                  He might be remembered by some as the greatest, but no reasonable argument would make that a "by far" distinction. The Giants have had many very good QBs, and a case could be made for about 5 different QBs as the best, depending on your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    I think it is a bit early to decide what he will "ultimately" be remembered for. Maybe he will be remembered as a 5x Super Bowl MVP, ultimately.
                    Wouldn't that be awesome
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by GCGiant View Post
                      Everyone sees what they see. As you say, he will be remembered that was by some. I consider Phil a much better overall QB than Eli, and I've been watching them for 51 years now. Younger guys will remember him as you say more than guys my age because he was the first real franchise QB they've had as Giants fans.
                      It's all very subjective.

Comment

Everyone sees what they see. As you say, he will be remembered that was by some. I consider Phil a much better overall QB than Eli, and I've been watching them for 51 years now. Younger guys will remember him as you say more than guys my age because he was the first real franchise QB they've had as Giants fans.
                        It's all very subjective.
                        It is all very subjective. But a desk and a chair are objectively different pieces of furnature.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
                          This.
                          I don't think "panic" has anything to do with it. Rushed, pressured, forced? Yes.
                          I don't think Eli plays scared at all.
                          Last edited by dezzzR; 06-20-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            This.
                            I don't think "panic" has anything to do with it. Rushed, pressured, forced? Yes.
                            I don't think Eli plays scared at all.
                            I guess it depends on what you mean by "scared".
                            I do think he doesn't like to get hit.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you mean by "scared".
                              I do think he doesn't like to get hit.
                              and some QBs do?
                              You mean he wont sacrifice his body to make a throw
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

LOL, I forgot that argument. Right Simms was better because he was sacked and hit more. Thanks for reminding me of that one, I needed the chuckle.

Comment

Working...
                                X