Davis Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Webb

Does he remind anyone else of a thinner Kerry Collins?

Not just physically but his throwing motion - I feel like i'm watching his son or something.

Said it right after he was drafted.

Comment

Let's keep him away from the Ravens then.

Comment

If he turned out to be another Kerry Collins that would be fine with me.
        Very solid NFL QB who could make every throw.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If he can be as good as Kerry Collins than I'd be happy

Comment

Collins had an arm, but if we're hoping Webb is "as good" we're hoping for mediocrity...at best. Collins had a less than 60% completion rate, had about a 1 to 1 QB to INT ratio, and ran like he had a piano on his back.

I'm hoping for more.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
              Collins had an arm, but if we're hoping Webb is "as good" we're hoping for mediocrity...at best. Collins had a less than 60% completion rate, had about a 1 to 1 QB to INT ratio, and ran like he had a piano on his back.

I'm hoping for more.
              I'm in a similar camp. Collins was a decent enough QB but hardly a guy you win titles with. There is no way we should be "happy" if that's what Eli's current heir apparent turns out to be.

Comment

I still can't wrap my head around, the backup QB position, especially for the Giants! Eli has been a ROCK. So only throwing at camps and practices, rarely getting intogames. just seems so difficult , if you want to play footballbut hardly get to play? weird sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                  I'm in a similar camp. Collins was a decent enough QB but hardly a guy you win titles with. There is no way we should be "happy" if that's what Eli's current heir apparent turns out to be.
                  We could win with Kerry Collins. He was a lot more than decent as well. There are only 15 QB's who have thrown for as many yards as Kerry Collins and didn't have the advantage of playing on one team with consistency. he had to play in many different systems and rarely had a lot of weapons to throw to.
                  He led us to and NFC championship by beating the Vikings 41-0.
                  Yes he was a guy who could get rattled. But he was a fine player. If Davis Webb turns out to be a solid NFL starter like Kerry Collins, coming from the third round, that would be great for us.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    We could win with Kerry Collins. He was a lot more than decent as well. There are only 15 QB's who have thrown for as many yards as Kerry Collins and didn't have the advantage of playing on one team with consistency. he had to play in many different systems and rarely had a lot of weapons to throw to.
                    Yes he was a guy who could get rattled. But he was a fine player. If Davis Webb turns out to be a solid NFL starter like Kerry Collins, coming from the third round, that would be great for us.
                    Hard to disagree with your assessment of Kerry.

I love the optimism surrounding Davis Webb, but time well tell
                    sigpic

Comment

The only similarity of Kerry Collins and Webb is they wear the same number #5. Lets see if Webb has even thrown a pass in 3 years ? I wouldn't even carry him on the 53 this season let him be on the injury list so we don't lose him, but he's a wasted roster spot. For the last couple years we only carried 2 QB's so now with this guy we have to carry 3. If you want to carry 3 QB's Webb is the 4th best this season. Next year he might be 3rd, possibly #2. But this year he's a wasted roster spot. imo

Comment

I always considered Collins to be an above average starter, which is pretty good. You can certainly win with a QB like that, and he was a breath of fresh air after the years of post Phil Sims garbage. If Webb ends up playing at that level, he will be a very good 3rd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                          Lets not sell mr collins short..he did lead the giants to a super bowl appearance, and to be honest, the qb situation before his arrival was quite woeful. He played well for the giants. You numbers guys kill me....terry bradshaw had like a 52% career completion rate.....4 time super bowl champ....super bowl mvp, hall of fame...etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Now how do feel about eli
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                              Lets not sell mr collins short..he did lead the giants to a super bowl appearance, and to be honest, the qb situation before his arrival was quite woeful. He played well for the giants. You numbers guys kill me....terry bradshaw had like a 52% career completion rate.....4 time super bowl champ....super bowl mvp, hall of fame...etc, etc.
                              I wasn't really trying to sell him short. My point was more that we shouldn't cap our hopes of our next QB being another Kerry Collins. That doesn't mean Collins does not deserve respect. He does. I just don't think he was a truly great player, and I would hope that our next QB (whether it's Webb or someone else) is, that is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X