• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants colorrush uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      always hated the GIANTS on the helmet

don't like the outlined numbers and never cared for blue numbers ... they look like Buffalo uniforms to me

also don't like the collar

not a huge fan of white pants either but ...
      I like that emblem It reminds me of the mid 80- early 90 Giants.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
        +1

Comment

ownership never wanted it and hated it for the entire time it was there

I love the logo ... on a shirt ... or sticker ... etc etc ... on the helmet I think it looks cumbersome and collegey

Comment

won't happen
            ownership is not a big fan of them
            I liked them too but ownership has its privileges and that clearly is one of them.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Giants colorrush uniforms

No they are different. The stripes are different.

https://usatgiantswire.files.wordpre...0&h=600&crop=1

If anything they are closer to this.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/wp...ary-2-1983.jpg
              Last edited by TEM; 06-17-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

No they are different. The strips are different.

[img]https://usatgiantswire.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/usatsi_97639651.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1[img]

If anything they are closer to this.

[img]http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/new-york-giants-history/1982-new-york-giants-photos/Lawrence-Taylor-New-York-Giants-January-2-1983.jpg[img]
                I know they are not exact ... just saying that is what I think of when I see them

the Bills wore those unis for decades ... long before the Giants had ones similar ... it will always remind me of OJ Simpson

Comment

I know they are not exact ... just saying that is what I think of when I see them

the Bills wore those unis for decades ... long before the Giants had ones similar ... it will always remind me of OJ Simpson
                  I get what you are saying. I like the Jerseys aesthetics, but they do NOT scream Giants nor evoke the historic look.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I get your point, but there is only so much that can be done with white on white before it becomes ridiculous looking.

Comment

I get your point, but there is only so much that can be done with white on white before it becomes ridiculous looking.
                      agreed ... to me they are on the threshold of that

Comment

John has told me personally that he absolutely hates them ... and he expressed as much to Rich Eisen here when he answers the question asked at 2:45

Thanks for posting the interview. Don't get to hear John Mara reminisce very often, and that part was fun.

Uniform designs and colors, like any type of art, is of course always subjective. I heard Mr Mara criticise the uniform "color rush" exercise in general, and I agree with him on that score. And I never liked the "Giants" on the helmet, and was happy to see the switch back to a "NY" logo for helmets in 2000--so I agree with him on that,

But given that for the present, at least, we are stuck with the color rush unis on TNF, I thought the modification for SOME TNF games this past season--as opposed to the god-awful 2015 uns of the 2015 TNF games-- to primarily white for one of the teams was a huge improvement, and aside from the "Giants" on the helmet I thought the rest of our uniform for that Eagles TNF game looked really sharp and tasteful (as opposed to the Seahawks, Panthers, Jaguars TNF unis earlier in the year, for example).

I just didn't like that game's final score.

Anyway, it's all subjective as I say, so there will never be a consensus on this specific matter. But as a general point, I agree with Mr Mara's strong distaste of the color rush uni concept.

As one of the key NFL owners, he seems to take a passive stance when dealing with a rules issue he disagrees with, doesn't he? I mean, he expressed agreement with Snyder about color rush and was glad to see him possibly make it an agenda item this past winter's owners meeting--but when Snyder dropped it at the last minute, Mara was "disappointed", but said nothing himself about it at the meeting.

PS:
                        https://youtu.be/J0RTD7250II

Comment

won't happen
                          ownership is not a big fan of them
                          Well I know. Who cares what they think though. They also think its a great idea to be sub tenants with the Jets... Just another terrible ownership decision.
                          I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

ownership never wanted it and hated it for the entire time it was there

I love the logo ... on a shirt ... or sticker ... etc etc ... on the helmet I think it looks cumbersome and collegey
                            I think its dumb they value the NY more than the GIANTS part, but I guess whatever generates more revenue. Anything NY, even if they moved the damn team out of NY like bafoons, brings in the cash for them. If anything they should make it NJ.

Comment

This is the best uniform they have worn in decades.

And these are up there with the worst:

BIG RED.

I know its the eye of the beholder, but these 2 styles are so far apart in my eyes with the new all white color rush ones being 1000x better.

I bet MAra and company also liked the all red stupid ugly look.... God those were hideous.
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 06-17-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

This is the best uniform they have worn in decades.

And these are up there with the worst:

BIG RED.

I know its the eye of the beholder, but these 2 styles are so far apart in my eyes with the new all white color rush ones being 1000x better.

I bet MAra and company also liked the all red stupid ugly look.... God those were hideous.
                                The all red jerseys turned my stomach. I don't hate the current road uni's, but I do like he color rush ones a bit more for sure
                                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X