Is it time to move on from Dwayne Harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
    2016 NFL kick & punt returns | pro-football-reference.com is the place and I had to add them up to come up with the numbers
    I don't know what you are looking at but I see top 10 in yards and when you click on y/rt (yards per kickoff return ) He is in the top 5.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mainegiantsfan View Post
      Way underrated as a receiver. He came here hoping he would get a chance as a WR and we didn't give it to him. I've been rooting for him since we got him. I'd love to know the reason they don't use him more, from a coach's perspective.
      He had a good season in 15 s a receiver. I agree he is under utilized. It great the giants have so many options a configurations on the offense they can use.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        Odell could return a kick 50 yards .. then on the very next play get popped on a crossing route and not get up

it's football
        True, but on a punt return there are a lot more guys that have the potential to pop you, all bearing down on you while you are standing still looking up into the sky. I will never buy that returning punts is the same risk as normal WR play. We can agree to disagree on this.

Having said that, if we had no one else that could do it well, I wouldn't mind as much. But with what we are paying Harris I don't see why we need to risk it with a potential $20+ million player.

Just MO.

Comment

He is tied for 12th in yds per kickoff return, and tied for 15th if you include 3 guys who only had 9 returns. the list
          Alex Erickson 29 ret for 27.9 avg
          Tyrek Hill 14 ret for 27.4 avg
          Tyler Lockett 23 ret for 26.3 avg
          Devin Hester 19 ret for 24.5 avg
          Jalin Marshall 13 ret for 24.9 avg
          Cordarelle Patterson 25 ret for 31.7 avg
          Benny Cunningham 22 ret for 27.2 avg
          Marquise Lee 18 ret for 30.3 avg
          Jordan Todman 16 ret for 29.9 avg
          Kenyan Drake 13 ret for 30.5 avg
          Josh Huff 13 ret for 24.9 avg
          Kenjon Barner 9 ret for 30.8 avg
          Wendell Smallwood 9 ret for 29 avg
          Quan Bray 9 ret for 25.7 avg

Dwayne Harris 22 ret for 24.2 avg
          Brittan Golden 11 ret for 24.2 avg

punt return avg too long to do but 5.9 avg per return is way way down the list

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            the dude was playing through more injuries than any fan knew about last season

when healthy he is an asset to the team
            still not worth the coin they are paying him,,thats a lot of money for a now 1 dimensional player.

Comment

I wouldn't sleep on Harris. He is an underrated weapon both on ST and offense

Comment

He is tied for 12th in yds per kickoff return, and tied for 15th if you include 3 guys who only had 9 returns. the list
                Alex Erickson 29 ret for 27.9 avg
                Tyrek Hill 14 ret for 27.4 avg
                Tyler Lockett 23 ret for 26.3 avg
                Devin Hester 19 ret for 24.5 avg
                Jalin Marshall 13 ret for 24.9 avg
                Cordarelle Patterson 25 ret for 31.7 avg
                Benny Cunningham 22 ret for 27.2 avg
                Marquise Lee 18 ret for 30.3 avg
                Jordan Todman 16 ret for 29.9 avg
                Kenyan Drake 13 ret for 30.5 avg
                Josh Huff 13 ret for 24.9 avg
                Kenjon Barner 9 ret for 30.8 avg
                Wendell Smallwood 9 ret for 29 avg
                Quan Bray 9 ret for 25.7 avg

Dwayne Harris 22 ret for 24.2 avg
                Brittan Golden 11 ret for 24.2 avg

punt return avg too long to do but 5.9 avg per return is way way down the list
                So if a returner has less returns and more yards per "Kick" return . He better then the pro bowl guy you want cut.

Got it.
                sigpic

Comment

When you look at the punt return stat of 5.9 avg which makes him 35th or 36th in the league he has no value as a PR, which the Giants clearly said. Add in 1 reception and they pretty much said he has no value as a WR. So all he is is a gunner and an average KR and will be 30 in September which is clearly past your prime for a returner and makes more than someone like a Travis Rudolph.

Comment

When you look at the punt return stat of 5.9 avg which makes him 35th or 36th in the league he has no value as a PR, which the Giants clearly said. Add in 1 reception and they pretty much said he has no value as a WR. So all he is is a gunner and an average KR and will be 30 in September which is clearly past your prime for a returner and makes more than someone like a Travis Rudolph.
                    Never mind he is a to 10 kick returner and pro bowler. That is of no consequence. You do know punt return numbers take into account fair catches. But according to you he should be cut because of his punt return numbers.

Sounds like you got it down on who should be cut.
                    sigpic

Comment

My friend punt return numbers do not include fair catches, and you can look it up.
                      And I think the best returners are guys who are on rookie contracts or F/A contracts looking to make a name for themselves so they can get that second contract and get paid. After they get it and the guaranteed money their production is likely to decline as who pays a 33 year old returner.

Comment

Dwayne Harris is awesome.
                        *Just beat the damn Cowboys and I can be happy.*
                        (The Eagles? Who gives a crap about the Eagles?)

Comment

Had a bunch of injuries last year that really hampered him.

Comment

My friend punt return numbers do not include fair catches, and you can look it up.
                            And I think the best returners are guys who are on rookie contracts or F/A contracts looking to make a name for themselves so they can get that second contract and get paid. After they get it and the guaranteed money their production is likely to decline as who pays a 33 year old returner.
                            Even if that is true your argument is weak. Your whole claim is about punt returns not the whole story. I get it you don't the guy. You don't care he is a good kick returner . You don,t care he was selected to the pro bowl. You don't care he is the best Special teams tackler on the team Your reasons for cutting him are ridiculous.
                            sigpic

Comment

my whole claim is not only about punt returns. He had 1 pass reception. He is in the middle of the pack returning kickoffs. He has a higher salary than a rookie or F/A.
                              And he is a "great gunner" If you look at the statistics and this is team not just Dwayne Harris, who I acknowledge is good, the Giants ranked 23rd and 19th in the two return defensive statistics so we are not killing it there.

Comment

my whole claim is not only about punt returns. He had 1 pass reception. He is in the middle of the pack returning kickoffs. He has a higher salary than a rookie or F/A.
                                And he is a "great gunner" If you look at the statistics and this is team not just Dwayne Harris, who I acknowledge is good, the Giants ranked 23rd and 19th in the two return defensive statistics so we are not killing it there.
                                The giant had 3 receivers that stayed healthy the entire season. Again your point is moot. When Cruz was out for the 15 season. A combination of him and Vareen had comparable number out of the slot as Shep did last season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X