Is it time to move on from Dwayne Harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Obviously, we can still use an OL and an extra $1.5m is not chump change with whatever else we have in the bank.
    An extra $1.5m is chump change in June. If they were going to cut Harris they should/would have done it back in March.

There are no OL, kick returners or gunners worth anything at this point. I don't get how cutting him now makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
      An extra $1.5m is chump change in June. If they were going to cut Harris they should/would have done it back in March.

There are no OL, kick returners or gunners worth anything at this point. I don't get how cutting him now makes any sense.
      He is a good gunner he gets down field and makes plays
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Move on from one of the better special teams players in the NFL? Not to mention he is serviceable at wr.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
          He was still a top 10 kick returner in total yardage and in the top 5 in average yards per return.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...16/returns.htm
          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          Is this for real...ugh I'm not even gonna bother...

Well maybe I will....

Yes actually attempting to make his argument and he's actually doing a much better job. For someone who claims his opinion is ridic you haven't really done a good job like at all in clarifying why you basically just singled HIM out not even his claim and went to town pretty much solely bc he has a diff opinion than you (I know the feeling).

He actually HAS made several fair points
          And on the other end of the spectrum others ha e made their fair points for keeping him. You ain't one of them. No one is reading your comments....they aren't reading them and going, "aahhh haaaa."

Not trying to be rude its just hard seeing this types of comments.

I think Harris should get a fair chance to prove or reestablish his value. He has shown to be a quality ST and I wonder why he never gets looks at wide out when he sort of has consistently made plays when called upon.

But i also see the flip side: age and cost and a depreciating level of play potentially due to injuries which in itself is another potential reason for going a diff direction

Sorry I got aggressive and confrontational there too its easy I get it and its only visible bc typically you enact like the opposite of the behavior being cited and are super respectful so maybe it blew a fuse seeing the replies here. No disrespect meant truthfully. Happy father's day

My points were all based on fact . I provided proof. The link shows it to be true. If actual facts are not "fair points" as you say . Well I guess opinions are more debatable points than facts.

If you actually read every post. He tried to discredit the facts. I wasn't buying it . Sorry if you disagree.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            He is not a real threat in the offensive part of ST and that means he is mostly a gunner. He was a good one and may still be a good one but salary considerations are real.
            He does get paid a lot of money -- $4.5M/year if I recall correctly.

It's tough -- I think he brings a lot of value as a Special Teamer, and has value as a back-up WR.

I'd lean towards keeping him this year, but it depends on who they'd have to jettison to give him that spot.

Comment

What facts did you present?
              These are the facts clear and simple

He was the 35th best punt returner by average
              He was tied for 12th in kickoff return avg (15th if you include 3 guys with 9 returns)
              He had 1 pass reception
              The Giants were 19th and 23rd in the two defensive return categories (He was 7th in return tackles)
              He makes a fair amount of money
              He will be 30 in September and do you think there is more upside or downside now, which is how I began the thread.

Just because you have a lot of return yardage does not make you effective, you have to look at the average as well as the number of TDs or long ones. Zero 2tds last year and a long of 46 in kickoffs and a whopping 17 long in punt returns.

Comment

Harris will make the team.

he took a slight pay cut to do so

as a result of the restructure, it will cost the team more to cut him now than before the restructure

not something you would do to a guy you plan to cut

Comment

My points were all based on fact . I provided proof. The link shows it to be true. If actual facts are not "fair points" as you say . Well I guess opinions are more debatable points than facts.

If you actually read every post. He tried to discredit the facts. I wasn't buying it . Sorry if you disagree.
                  Can you honestly sit there tho and go through your comments and say you weren't being confrontational and aggressive? That was my point.

You also didn't share any facts I can recall other than a disputed one and where you made a caveat "even if..." iirc bc this was days ago. Didn't mean to be rude was just citing way myself andnassuredly others respond with the "I am just disagreeing on this topic and not saying you're the devil lol" bc if you look you should notice both sides of the claim are making fair points and not being dismissive like you were.
                  No disrespect intended and I agree with the sentiment of retaining Harris but only if it makes sense there are scenarios it could make sense moving on.

Comment

Can you honestly sit there tho and go through your comments and say you weren't being confrontational and aggressive? That was my point.

You also didn't share any facts I can recall other than a disputed one and where you made a caveat "even if..." iirc bc this was days ago. Didn't mean to be rude was just citing way myself andnassuredly others respond with the "I am just disagreeing on this topic and not saying you're the devil lol" bc if you look you should notice both sides of the claim are making fair points and not being dismissive like you were.
                    No disrespect intended and I agree with the sentiment of retaining Harris but only if it makes sense there are scenarios it could make sense moving on.
                    Did you not open the link I posted "post 6" on this thread. I proved his facts wrong with the link.
                    'His whole argument is based on a spin of the facts. He is using 9 returns as a metric . By his standards Romo had a better season this year then Brady and Ryan because with QB with 4 attempts or more Romo has a QBR of 99.

If your going to jump to conclusions. It proves you don't look at the entire thread.
                    Last edited by TEM; 06-19-2017, 08:21 PM.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
                      What facts did you present?
                      These are the facts clear and simple

He was the 35th best punt returner by average
                      He was tied for 12th in kickoff return avg (15th if you include 3 guys with 9 returns)
                      He had 1 pass reception
                      The Giants were 19th and 23rd in the two defensive return categories (He was 7th in return tackles)
                      He makes a fair amount of money
                      He will be 30 in September and do you think there is more upside or downside now, which is how I began the thread.

Just because you have a lot of return yardage does not make you effective, you have to look at the average as well as the number of TDs or long ones. Zero 2tds last year and a long of 46 in kickoffs and a whopping 17 long in punt returns.
                      You keep changing your story now cut him because he does not score on kick returns " 6 total TDs" on all kickoffs in the NFL last season. SMH. 2015 season 7 TDs on kickoffs in the NFl. Harris had 1

This link proves you wrong do yourself a favor and open it. 5th in "yds per kick return" and 7 in total kick return yards.

I can only show the truth . I cant make you or 420 to believe it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...16/returns.htm

The second time I posted it.

You make stuff up to make your point.
                      Last edited by TEM; 06-19-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

OK 420

You say i did not post any facts. Lets look at some of what I posted.

Post 2 in the thread.

"He is the best Special Teams player on the team. Made the pro bowl because of it. With Lewis most likely not making the team( also a very good ST player). He has a secure roster spot because he is a gunner."

Made the pro bowl (Fact 1)

Was the best SP player on the team. (Fact 2) Made the pro bowl because of it.

Posted a link the supports my points. (Fact 3) (Look at it)

Post 30 in the thread.
                        The giant had 3 receivers that stayed healthy the entire season. Again your point is moot. When Cruz was out for the 15 season. A combination of him and Vareen had comparable number out of the slot as Shep did last season.

(Fact 4)
                        Shepard Cruz and Beckham all stayed healthy Harris had limited receiving time on the field.

Let say Shep was injured in 16 . Logic would say Cruz would have been placed in the slot. If Cruz was injured, Lewis of King would have been placed on the outside. Harris was never going to get a lot of snaps as a receiver. No reason to cut him.

(Fact 5)
                        2016 Shepard's receiving numbers

105 targets 65 receptions 683 yards 8 TDs

Lets look at 15 when Harris was splitting slot duty with Vereen

2015 Harris/ Vereen

Harris 57 36 396 4TDs

Varreen 81 51 495 4TDs

Total 138 targets 87 receptions 891 yards 8 TDs ( comparable to Shep )

Granted some of Vereen's numbers are out of the backfield . They did split slot duties.

All facts You said i did not convey.
                        Last edited by TEM; 06-19-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o0V6VPX_E0 lol

Comment

OK 420

You say i did not post any facts. Lets look at some of what I posted.

Post 2 in the thread.

"He is the best Special Teams player on the team. Made the pro bowl because of it. With Lewis most likely not making the team( also a very good ST player). He has a secure roster spot because he is a gunner."

Made the pro bowl (Fact 1)

Was the best SP player on the team. (Fact 2) Made the pro bowl because of it.

Posted a link the supports my points. (Fact 3) (Look at it)

Post 30 in the thread.
                            The giant had 3 receivers that stayed healthy the entire season. Again your point is moot. When Cruz was out for the 15 season. A combination of him and Vareen had comparable number out of the slot as Shep did last season.

(Fact 4)
                            Shepard Cruz and Beckham all stayed healthy Harris had limited receiving time on the field.

Let say Shep was injured in 16 . Logic would say Cruz would have been placed in the slot. If Cruz was injured, Lewis of King would have been placed on the outside. Harris was never going to get a lot of snaps as a receiver. No reason to cut him.

(Fact 5)
                            2016 Shepard's receiving numbers

105 targets 65 receptions 683 yards 8 TDs

Lets look at 15 when Harris was splitting slot duty with Vereen

2015 Harris/ Vereen

Harris 57 36 396 4TDs

Varreen 81 51 495 4TDs

Total 138 targets 87 receptions 891 yards 8 TDs ( comparable to Shep )

Granted some of Vereen's numbers are out of the backfield . They did split slot duties.

All facts You said i did not convey.
                            Dude what? Did u even bother to read my post?

You're doing it again.

You're being aggressive and confrontational lol chill out that was all I said. I said I didn't recall you sharing any facts except one you later went onto make a caveat about and that it wasn't even being the point as both sides of the topic from the entire mb are making fair points. I also said it was from days ago and I didn't clearly remember.

You singled some random dude out and went at him I merely was attempting to tell you it comes off poorly that was it and you got confrontational and aggressive towards me.

Take it easy I don't think you were able to comprehend the posts I made bc I said I agree with you for the most part but that you're coming off in a certain way. Take it fwiw don't I don't really care. I've shared my personal opinion already.

Comment

Tem i had looked at your link before I posted and if you "analyze" the numbers, rather just read down the columns you will see he is 35th in avg yds per punt return and the Giants DROPPED him as the punt returner and he is tied for 12th in average yds per kickoff return (15th if you include the three guys who had only 9 returns) and those are not disputable if one counts each player.

Comment

Dude what? Did u even bother to read my post?

You're doing it again.

You're being aggressive and confrontational lol chill out that was all I said. I said I didn't recall you sharing any facts except one you later went onto make a caveat about and that it wasn't even being the point as both sides of the topic from the entire mb are making fair points. I also said it was from days ago and I didn't clearly remember.

You singled some random dude out and went at him I merely was attempting to tell you it comes off poorly that was it and you got confrontational and aggressive towards me.

Take it easy I don't think you were able to comprehend the posts I made bc I said I agree with you for the most part but that you're coming off in a certain way. Take it fwiw don't I don't really care. I've shared my personal opinion already.
                                So you say I presented no facts . I did. Now When I defend myself from your misinformation I am being confrontational. If you don't want to be called out constantly for attacking everyone you disagree with and the list is long . Then have your facts straight . I told you once if you try to spin the conversation and point out the bad guy and play moderator and misrepresent the truth with your own narrative as you have done to numerous members. l going to call it as i see it, You accused me of not producing any facts . I did and proved you wrong and you don't like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X