No announcement yet.

Anyone worried about Ellison yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was worried about him as soon as we signed him. Still not a fan of the signing, and still think we completely overpaid him.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet due to an unspecified calf injury. Hope he's not the next one to lose an entire season due to an injury like that (see Cruz, Berhe)....
      Yep -- he's done. That's just how these Giants injuries roll.

So much for having a blocking TE. I hope Adams really improves in this upcoming camp/pre-season.

Comment

The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet due to an unspecified calf injury. Hope he's not the next one to lose an entire season due to an injury like that (see Cruz, Berhe)....
        Ellison is tough; has a lot of grit. Plays within himself. Fundamentally sound in what he's asked to do. A real professional out there. No doubt in my mind he will be on the field this year (unless something really bad happens)

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Did he have it when they signed him to that overpriced Contract?? Amazing how a lot of these guys the Giant's sign were ironmen for other teams never missing a game and they sign here and never see the field. Schwartz comes to mind. The Middle LB Jon Beason among others
          I mean this with all the respect in the world, have you lost your mind? Schwartz had 1 year in his career in which he started 16 games and he had missed the entire 2011 season with a hip injury. Beason was even worse. He played 5 total games in the two seasons before getting traded to NY.

Any other "ironmen" you have in mind haha.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Unfortunately, sometimes injuries take care of what seems like a logjam at certain positions ....
            Wouldn't surprise me if Ellison starts on IR while they check out LaCosse to see what they have there, especially if Engram shows he can block at all.

It may actually allow them to keep Huesman as well if they do, and they need a FB.
            Last edited by Ghost; 06-19-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The guy missed OTA's and people are already calling him a bust and overpaid..

Gotta love this forum

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Gotta love this forum
                We've been jaded by the Giants players inability to stay healthy over the years (except for last year). We still feel the pain of it all.

Comment

Gotta love this forum
                  the people on this forum who say these things are people with a lot of scar tissue from previous seasons and have seen it before...

Comment

no
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      I mean this with all the respect in the world, have you lost your mind? Schwartz had 1 year in his career in which he started 16 games and he had missed the entire 2011 season with a hip injury. Beason was even worse. He played 5 total games in the two seasons before getting traded to NY.

Any other "ironmen" you have in mind haha.
                      Ok maybe bad examples but they have had both FAs and draft picks with little to no injury history and as soon as they sign the fall down the stairs on the way out
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Gotta love this forum

Giants fans that have been waiting for decent blocking since say 2010 ish are wanting this guy to play so we can run the ball.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Ok maybe bad examples but they have had both FAs and draft picks with little to no injury history and as soon as they sign the fall down the stairs on the way out

David Bass would be a better example but we did win a SB with him

Comment

I'm more concerned about the fact that this guy has had a torn patella tendon not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
                              I'm more concerned about the fact that this guy has had a torn patella tendon not too long ago.
                              Two seasons ago ... he played last year

Comment

Ahh you are changing it now to include draft picks, very sneaky. Truth is I don't think it has happened much with free agents. But every team deals with this, not just us. I don't think we have a much bigger problem than most (although for a few years we obviously had an injury problem).

Regardless of anyone in the past though Rhett Ellison tore his patellar tendon when he was with the Vikings. It's not like we signed some guy that was never injured in his life and suddenly he is injured.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                                X