Anyone worried about Ellison yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worried about Ellison yet?

The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet due to an unspecified calf injury. Hope he's not the next one to lose an entire season due to an injury like that (see Cruz, Berhe)....

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet due to an unspecified calf injury. Hope he's not the next one to lose an entire season due to an injury like that (see Cruz, Berhe)....
    Calf injuries take a long time to heal. I hope is ready for the start of camp.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Did he injure it in OTAs? Another guy injured BEFORE mini-camp.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
        Did he injure it in OTAs? Another guy injured BEFORE mini-camp.
        I don't think that he was able to do anything in OTA's because of it ... seems like he came into OTA's with it ....

Comment

Did he have it when they signed him to that overpriced Contract?? Amazing how a lot of these guys the Giant's sign were ironmen for other teams never missing a game and they sign here and never see the field. Schwartz comes to mind. The Middle LB Jon Beason among others
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            Did he have it when they signed him to that overpriced Contract?? Amazing how a lot of these guys the Giant's sign were ironmen for other teams never missing a game and they sign here and never see the field. Schwartz comes to mind. The Middle LB Jon Beason among others
            Beason's knee was destroyed before he got here
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              Beason's knee was destroyed before he got here
              Well maybe that was a bad example then. But I think you get my point I think
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                Beason was not an iron man.. was injured aqll the time on the panthers.thats why they traded him
                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

At least those guys you listed were or had backups. They just went through a whole season of having no FB, with whatever happened to Johnson, and they made no effort to bring in a replacement.

Comment

Hey at least that 18 mil gets us a fresh look at an old punch line..

JT Thomas of TEs?
                    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

I'd be worried if I was a TE fighting for a spot. If Ellison is out there then you have a chance to show you can outwork outplay him. But a big contract sitting on the sideline he's going to get given a chance no matter what. Lacosse has looked good by all reports but will there be a spot for him?

Comment

Yes, I am worried. Ellison was an integral piece to the strategic acquisitions of this offseason. He is a major reason why we didn't go nuts bolstering the O line.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post
                          I'd be worried if I was a TE fighting for a spot. If Ellison is out there then you have a chance to show you can outwork outplay him. But a big contract sitting on the sideline he's going to get given a chance no matter what. Lacosse has looked good by all reports but will there be a spot for him?
                          I would say yes, I think if LaCosse makes it through the pre-season healthy for a change they'll find a way to keep him. They'll likely drop Tye if anything.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                            I would say yes, I think if LaCosse makes it through the pre-season healthy for a change they'll find a way to keep him. They'll likely drop Tye if anything.
                            Unfortunately, sometimes injuries take care of what seems like a logjam at certain positions ....

Comment

I'm not worried about this yet. Once August hits and if he is still hurt, then be concerned.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X