Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the following concerns you the most about this season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it is depth at cb. I don't see drc or apple making it through an entire season without a pulled hammy.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
      For me it is depth at cb. I don't see drc or apple making it through an entire season without a pulled hammy.
      yep. +1

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
        what draft pick would you have given up, in what round, to get your (probably back-up) Olineman? What Olineman in that draft would have been any better than Biswanaty, Wheeler and/or Dunker? I'm curious how all you geniuses would have done better in that draft. do tell
        Well we could have drafted a player in the 3rd rd that actually might get on the field. The QB Webb is the 4th QB on the team he is not gonna play a single down this year no matter what. And probably next year as well. Next year is when the draft is loaded with QB's coming out. Todd McShay said 4 QB's are going in the first rd next year. The last few years the Giants only carried 2 QB's now this year we have to carry 3. So we lose a position player out of the 53. Just sayin there was nobody in the 3rd rd we could have used ? Not a genius just a fan asking a question.

Comment

Injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            The OL is obviously a concern, but to me, the offensive scheme/system is a far greater concern

That high school level bull**** that they tried to run(and failed) last season was an embarrassment. They have to get far more creative if they expect to surpass 19 PPG
            The talent or lack thereof of the O Line crippled the playcalling to the point DCs said the Giant's were the easiest O to prepare for. Sad.. If they can find the right combo of guys from what they had, Fluker, Bisnowaty, the two Undrafted guys they are high on then they can open up the playbook and showcase all that talent
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
              No, but big differences can be made in one offseason. Look at our 2016 defense versus the 2015 one. That was an entire 11 man unit. You're telling me you can go from being horrendous on D to awesome in one season, but you can't improve just the offensive line meaningfully?
              It's more complicated than that, but 1) I never said that and 2) I wasn't responding to you.

Comment

Looks like this poll will come in with an overwhelming majority stating the offensive line is the biggest worry. I personally share this view.

However it is clear that the coaching staff and front office do not. Otherwise they would have done more about it in the offseason. If anything McAdoo has been relatively complimentary of the line, while saying Eli needs to play better.
                This is slanted for what it's worth.

First, there has to be something desired in the pool of available players and draftees...there was not. Nor would adding any of the applicable players have made much difference similar with the flukes signing...which is point 2. When there were guys they were interested in they signed then.

3- there seemed to be a concerted effort to help the OL even if there wasn't the pool of players to do so directly. Indirectly they added a blocking TE as well as a physical wr to replace Cruz which will also help the OL....

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  The talent or lack thereof of the O Line crippled the playcalling to the point DCs said the Giant's were the easiest O to prepare for. Sad.. If they can find the right combo of guys from what they had, Fluker, Bisnowaty, the two Undrafted guys they are high on then they can open up the playbook and showcase all that talent
                  The OL problems may have limited them on what they could call, but that was most definitely not the reason why they were the easiest to prepare for. It was a base offense, it was stuff that high school programs run because of it's simplicity. They essentially ran the same 6-10 plays all season long, and nothing else, despite the fact that those plays resulted in a 19 ppg average, which was at or near the bottom of the NFL.

An OL will limit what you can do, but the OL was not THAT terrible, certainly not terrible enough to force them to run that garbage.
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

The OL problems may have limited them on what they could call, but that was most definitely not the reason why they were the easiest to prepare for. It was a base offense, it was stuff that high school programs run because of it's simplicity.

An OL will limit what you can do, but the OL was not THAT terrible, certainly not terrible enough to force them to run that garbage.
                    The OL was bad, no doubt and I don't know what the HC saw or believed that made him decide to to run the offense that way. Whatever it was, he clearly appeared to be uncomfortable asking the offense to take on more than that.

Comment

First off let me state for the record that I am very optimistic about this year. This is probably the highest I've been on the team since I was going into the 2012 season. But, as is always going to be the case, there are some concerns with this team. I'm curious to see what people see as their most worrying concern for this season. Please pick one.
                      I went with OL, but I feel good about them going in.

We do lack depth at some areas, but have exceptional talent at key positions.

Comment

Eli is a QB who requires a real good O line and that puts a lot of pressure to perform on these guys, mainly because Eli is an immobile QB, so my concern is with the O line...
                        Last edited by JesseJames; 06-24-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

The OL problems may have limited them on what they could call, but that was most definitely not the reason why they were the easiest to prepare for. It was a base offense, it was stuff that high school programs run because of it's simplicity. They essentially ran the same 6-10 plays all season long, and nothing else, despite the fact that those plays resulted in a 19 ppg average, which was at or near the bottom of the NFL.

Also, they couldn't punch it in for 6 in the red zone....like ever.....
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I disagree we had the worst rated tackles that was significantly impactful .That is not opinion we really did have the worst tackles so over all the line may not have been Because the interior was good but the tackles certainly factored in we could not call 5 step drops legitimately.

Comment

To clarify because of the tackles the defense could crowd the line of scrimmage knowing the limited amount of time for the plate to develop it allowed them Key in on and focus on the areas of the field They knew it limited the amount of field we could attack c we didn't have the time for plays to unfold downfield

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                I disagree we had the worst rated tackles that was significantly impactful .That is not opinion we really did have the worst tackles so over all the line may not have been Because the interior was good but the tackles certainly factored in we could not call 5 step drops legitimately.
                                What you always continue to ignore is when Eli did have time, he was still his inconsistent self

Comment

Working...
                                X