Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odell Beckham strikes fear in NFL: 'Don't think I've ever been as ready as I am now'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
    You're telling me that if he has a bad game down the road in September, the media is going to be focused on some non-incendiary quote of his from back in mid June?
    This board certainly will be.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
      Just to jump in here real quick, YA has always been pretty consistent with his disdain of these guys saying a bit too much to the media. Most of the time, a robotic PC answer is all that is needed.

I love Beckham and what he brings to the team, but I'm pretty much in agreement with YA here.

"I dont think I've ever been as ready as I am now" is a bit much. It just is, at least in my opinion. Its not meant to bash him
      Again we agree

And yes it is not only Odell that I have felt this way about

Comment

I really doubt it. It was a totally non-descript quote made in the middle of June. It really could have come from anyone on any team. For people who hate Beckham or for fans or local beat writers who over-analyze and obsess over every word that comes out of his mouth, this quote may seem like a big deal. For the rest of the population it is noise.

You're telling me that if he has a bad game down the road in September, the media is going to be focused on some non-incendiary quote of his from back in mid June? No chance.
        It is not about the isolated incident... it is every time he opens his mouth he seems to feel the need to be prolific and impressive

In NY the best way to be is transparent and let them write about how you play and not what you say

see Eli ... path of least resistance and scrutiny for your words... because it is pointless

they will turn anything into ammunition so just don't give them any.... especially if you are so bothered by it

Comment

This kid is a character for sure. Good to know Odell. So you werent this ready last year in the playoffs? But the Miami trip was still worth it? Gotcha.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I really doubt it. It was a totally non-descript quote made in the middle of June. It really could have come from anyone on any team. For people who hate Beckham or for fans or local beat writers who over-analyze and obsess over every word that comes out of his mouth, this quote may seem like a big deal. For the rest of the population it is noise.

You're telling me that if he has a bad game down the road in September, the media is going to be focused on some non-incendiary quote of his from back in mid June? No chance.
            Of course some fans will hold onto anything that he says and hold it against him if he drops a pass or fumbles a ball. I get it though. Everyone can't be satisfied and negativity is louder than positivity. 99% of the fans that we have like OBJ and appreciate his talent. That is more than good enough. YA's take on the player does not represent how most giants fans feel about Beckham. He is definitely entitled to his opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              This kid is a character for sure. Good to know Odell. So you werent this ready last year in the playoffs? But the Miami trip was still worth it? Gotcha.
              You sound silly as ****.

Comment

Ok

Agree to disagree. You're taking what I'm saying the wrong way, but I don't have the energy to deal with it. Not a big deal at all. I have nothing against Odell, I just don't think he should be saying as much as he does. Nothing more, nothing less. I love the kid and I'm very happy that we have him.
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Omg so ****y...

...hedge****y?

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                    Just stop talking

So glad he feels ready to roll ... I'm so ready to watch him dominate

Just stop talking ... it will be one of the best things you ever do
                    Its really tough to do that when everyone is asking him these questions all day every day.

He's too popular for his own good is what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      You sound silly as ****.
                      Too bad its truth.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Bro....you have got to let go of this Miami boat trip. He didn't play well in the playoffs and he was rightly crucified for it but the boat trip imo had nothing to do with his or the team failures that day. Big time great players have had bad playoff games and he unfortunately went through it.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                          Bro....you have got to let go of this Miami boat trip. He didn't play well in the playoffs and he was rightly crucified for it but the boat trip imo had nothing to do with his or the team failures that day. Big time great players have had bad playoff games and he unfortunately went through it.
                          TheOverAnalyst*

Comment

But you see: now every dropped pass, every "where's the call" during games, every social event he misses, every date he's on.....everyone is going to pounce.

Was he right to go on the boat?
                            You decide.
                            Right or wrong as we may be, he is forever going to be scrutinized.

For his sake, I wish him all the luck in the world.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              Just stop talking

So glad he feels ready to roll ... I'm so ready to watch him dominate

Just stop talking ... it will be one of the best things you ever do
                              If the Line gives Eli any kind of time it will be an explosive year for him. With having three other big threats lining up with him Teams won't be able to double him this year for fear of getting burned by one of the other three

It will be kind of like picking your poison
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Too bad its truth.
                                It isn't true. It is your opinion. I disagree with your complaining about that boat trip, but that is your opinion. Keep doing your thing, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X