Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odell Beckham strikes fear in NFL: 'Don't think I've ever been as ready as I am now'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jay051 View Post
    Bro....you have got to let go of this Miami boat trip. He didn't play well in the playoffs and he was rightly crucified for it but the boat trip imo had nothing to do with his or the team failures that day. Big time great players have had bad playoff games and he unfortunately went through it.
    LeBron James, MJ, Magic Johnson, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, etc. They've all had bad playoff games or series. They've all bounced back.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      This kid is a character for sure. Good to know Odell. So you werent this ready last year in the playoffs? But the Miami trip was still worth it? Gotcha.
      I don't know, I read the article not just the blurb, and the whole thing is pretty innocuous. Yeah, it's not a standard, bland give the media nothing type of statement but it's also not like he went on and on about it. This is dog bites man, non news.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jay051 View Post
        Bro....you have got to let go of this Miami boat trip. He didn't play well in the playoffs and he was rightly crucified for it but the boat trip imo had nothing to do with his or the team failures that day. Big time great players have had bad playoff games and he unfortunately went through it.
        Well there probably is slightly more to it than nothing.. I feel like partying that hard in Miami only to fly all they way back to NJ to Practice to fly all the way to GB is one way to ensure that you do not get the requisite amount of sleep necessary. I get that you sleep on the plane but jet lag is not always negligible.. Even if you don't feel any extra tired because of it.

        Is it THE reason for the struggles and drops in GB? NO!!! The drops were a recurring problem for Beckham all year actually.

        It was Sheppard in the GB game that seemed like his hands were slightly more unreliable than I have been accustomed too. But that can also be chalked up to rookie playoff nerves I guess.
        Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

        Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

        My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          Just stop talking

          So glad he feels ready to roll ... I'm so ready to watch him dominate

          Just stop talking ... it will be one of the best things you ever do
          Same thing I was thinking. He reminds me of Trump. Just stop making so much noise, do your job and you'll be fine. He doesn't need to be a role model as much as he needs not to be a distraction, but I get the sense that's where his real issue lies, he needs the attention, one way or the other, if he don't get the good kind, he'll take the bad kind. I don't think his worst nightmare is being hounded by media or press, but being unnoticed, ignored, looked over, while NFL fans and teams focus on other Giants. Best thing he can do for himself is fly under the radar and take advantage of the opportunities that might present themselves to a guy looking for a payday.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            Same thing I was thinking. He reminds me of Trump. Just stop making so much noise, do your job and you'll be fine. He doesn't need to be a role model as much as he needs not to be a distraction, but I get the sense that's where his real issue lies, he needs the attention, one way or the other, if he don't get the good kind, he'll take the bad kind. I don't think his worst nightmare is being hounded by media or press, but being unnoticed, ignored, looked over, while NFL fans and teams focus on other Giants. Best thing he can do for himself is fly under the radar and take advantage of the opportunities that might present themselves to a guy looking for a payday.


            read this on a random message board post:

            As a neutral fan to this game, all I can say is that Mike McCarthy owes an awful lot of thank youís to Aaron Rodgers for bailing him out the way he did. Otherwise, McCarthy should have been, and would have been, roasted over an open fire for that incredibly moronic and bone-headed call going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 42 not even half way through the third quarter and up by 11 points. After the stop, the Giants went right down and scored to go down by only 1. Afterwards, Rodgers got hot and saved the game. But that call was, by far, one of the stupidest Iíve ever seen, especially in a playoff game.


            Tell me more about the "boat trip"
            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

            Comment


            • #36
              Plenty of the greatest sports figures in history had a verbal ****iness to them. Very normal actually.
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

              Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

              Comment


              • #37
                Odell

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                  Bro....you have got to let go of this Miami boat trip. He didn't play well in the playoffs and he was rightly crucified for it but the boat trip imo had nothing to do with his or the team failures that day. Big time great players have had bad playoff games and he unfortunately went through it.
                  So, "In Your Opinion" it had nothing to do with. And IN MY OPINION it did contribute to his terrible performance in that all week long that was all he was getting blasted for, and it put a tremendous amount of pressure on him because of it. CAn I not state my opinion but you can state yours? Weird.
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    It isn't true. It is your opinion. I disagree with your complaining about that boat trip, but that is your opinion. Keep doing your thing, sir.
                    Of course its my opinion. Im not Odell. I cant confirm nor deny it personally. From my stance, as an outsider, I never saw him drop so many wide open passes. I put 1 and 1 together. It all we have to go off of. The kid put a boat load.... lol... of pressure on himself. He is a diva. He will continue to do this stuff and embarrass the Giants. Amazing player with almost fatal flaws.

                    More Toomer and less TO please. We can do without it.
                    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      So, "In Your Opinion" it had nothing to do with. And IN MY OPINION it did contribute to his terrible performance in that all week long that was all he was getting blasted for, and it put a tremendous amount of pressure on him because of it. CAn I not state my opinion but you can state yours? Weird.
                      What's weird is that I never said you shouldnt state your opinion. What I said is that you need to let this boat trip go because you seem to bring it up a lot. If I offended you then my bad.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                        read this on a random message board post:

                        As a neutral fan to this game, all I can say is that Mike McCarthy owes an awful lot of thank you’s to Aaron Rodgers for bailing him out the way he did. Otherwise, McCarthy should have been, and would have been, roasted over an open fire for that incredibly moronic and bone-headed call going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 42 not even half way through the third quarter and up by 11 points. After the stop, the Giants went right down and scored to go down by only 1. Afterwards, Rodgers got hot and saved the game. But that call was, by far, one of the stupidest I’ve ever seen, especially in a playoff game.

                        Tell me more about the "boat trip"

                        I don't think the boat trip had any bearing on how poorly he played in that playoff game.

                        Just like I don't think McCarthy's stupid decision in any exonerates how poorly he played in that playoff game.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          I don't think the boat trip had any bearing on how poorly he played in that playoff game.

                          Just like I don't think McCarthy's stupid decision in any exonerates how poorly he played in that playoff game.
                          Agree 100%
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                            What's weird is that I never said you shouldnt state your opinion. What I said is that you need to let this boat trip go because you seem to bring it up a lot. If I offended you then my bad.
                            Why should I let it go? It could happen again this year with Odell and wouldnt surprise me. No games have passed since the trip and playoff game. Its still the last image I have of Odell. The Boat Trip and worst game of his professional career following.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              I don't think the boat trip had any bearing on how poorly he played in that playoff game.

                              Just like I don't think McCarthy's stupid decision in any exonerates how poorly he played in that playoff game.
                              I don't think the trip had any direct affect on his playing as far as fatigue from flights and partying as some have suggested ... but I do think it had a lot to do with how much pressure he put on himself to perform

                              Odell is the kind of player who constantly puts enormous pressure on himself to perform ... and it looked to me that he went out there to prove to everyone that the trip that everyone talked about all week had absolutely no affect on him

                              and that added pressure to my eyes affected his performance

                              so indirectly I believe the trip absolutely affected his play

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Why should I let it go? It could happen again this year with Odell and wouldnt surprise me. No games have passed since the trip and playoff game. Its still the last image I have of Odell. The Boat Trip and worst game of his professional career following.
                                Ok keep harping on it. I expect him to bounce back and have a good game if we make the playoffs because he rarely has bad games in big spots. ie- game winning td in 2nd cowboy games and game icing td against the lions that pretty much put the giants back into the playoffs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X