Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odell Beckham strikes fear in NFL: 'Don't think I've ever been as ready as I am now'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell Beckham strikes fear in NFL: 'Don't think I've ever been as ready as I am now'

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Odell Beckham Jr. vowed to be better than ever.

At least in terms of preparation, the wideout believes he is. And if that translates into on-field results for the Giants that mesh with how Beckham feels?

It's a thought that should terrify opposing defenses.

"In every which way, I just feel it there," Beckham said Saturday during a lull in the action at his second Citi Odell Beckham Jr. Football ProCamp, held at Kean University's Alumni Stadium.

"I've really been training, and to have these next six weeks and get another opportunity to train, it's going to be great. ... Mentally, physically, spiritually, everything, I just don't think I've ever been as ready as I am now."

Remember: This is a guy who has averaged 96 catches for 1,374 yards and 12 touchdowns each season as he enters his fourth.

Beckham promised to "be the best I have ever been" in a tweetstorm right after the Giants picked up his fifth-year option in April. While he acknowledged that "words can only do so much" and he (and everyone else) will have to wait and see what happens, he believes his much-publicized training in Los Angeles - in lieu of attending most of the Giants' offseason program - will make a major impact this year." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Just catch the ball when we hit the playoffs and you're good.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

blah blah blah. It's June.

Comment

Just stop talking

So glad he feels ready to roll ... I'm so ready to watch him dominate

Just stop talking ... it will be one of the best things you ever do

Comment

I'm glad that he feels confident and prepared.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            Just stop talking

So glad he feels ready to roll ... I'm so ready to watch him dominate

Just stop talking ... it will be one of the best things you ever do
            That is kind of hard to do when the player has media obligations as part of his job description.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              That is kind of hard to do when the player has media obligations as part of his job description.

This was not a media obligation
              And it is not hard to say something simple like everyone else
              answers he gives constantly give other writers ammunition to spin it against him
              speaking simply at this point would be to his benefit

Comment

c'mon Odell, we know what your capable of, just go out and do it. you convince no one while talking. just do it.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm actually impressed that he showed up to this function

I've been to two events for kids since seasons end that he was the main attraction of .... one he blew off completely and the other he showed up like two hours late to.... but did stay late ... unfortunately a lot of peapple had left upset before he got there

I was also at a breakfast recently where he was to be honored and he didn't show up ... other Giant players were there... the owners were there ... and a bunch of other people waiting for Odell who never showed up .

Glad to see he went to this ... when he does show up he is wonderful with the kids ... he spends real quality time ... he is not a sign a jersey and run guy... he spends time ... quality time ... he just doesn't always show

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                    This was not a media obligation
                    And it is not hard to say something simple like everyone else
                    answers he gives constantly give other writers ammunition to spin it against him
                    speaking simply at this point would be to his benefit
                    So you would rather receive a robotic PC answer to a question than an honest one? Who cares about what media people say? The players as you already know as an SME couldn't care less about the media and their agenda. What is your problem with this particular player? I have seen your work on here for years and I have never seen you come down so hard on a player.
                    sigpic

Comment

So you would rather receive a robotic PC answer to a question than an honest one? Who cares about what media people say? The players as you already know as an SME couldn't care less about the media and their agenda. What is your problem with this particular player? I have seen your work on here for years and I have never seen you come down so hard on a player.
                      Just to jump in here real quick, YA has always been pretty consistent with his disdain of these guys saying a bit too much to the media. Most of the time, a robotic PC answer is all that is needed.

I love Beckham and what he brings to the team, but I'm pretty much in agreement with YA here.

"I dont think I've ever been as ready as I am now" is a bit much. It just is, at least in my opinion. Its not meant to bash him
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

He cares what the media says

Have you not seen the cleats and hear him cry about it for years

I have no problem with him .... he just seem to create the very things he expresses distaste for

He should spend more time around Eli and learn how to conduct himself for a path of least resistance

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

"I dont think I've ever been as ready as I am now" is a bit much.
                          Really? What is the big deal with that answer? Seems pretty hyper-sensitive to find fault in that. This is hardly a ****y or overly self-indulgent answer. The guy is eager. What's so horrible?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                            Really? What is the big deal with that answer? Seems pretty hyper-sensitive to find fault in that. This is hardly a ****y or overly self-indulgent answer. The guy is eager. What's so horrible?
                            In the minds of the media, it paints a target on him.The first sign of a screw up in a game, and they're going to run with this quote.

I didn't say it was a big deal, nor did I say it was horrible. Its a matter of keeping your head down when it comes to giving these guys(media) ammunition, especially when Beckham has, in the past, moaned and groaned about what they've said about him. Its nothing but simple logic
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                              The first sign of a screw up in a game, and they're going to run with this quote.
                              I really doubt it. It was a totally non-descript quote made in the middle of June. It really could have come from anyone on any team. For people who hate Beckham or for fans or local beat writers who over-analyze and obsess over every word that comes out of his mouth, this quote may seem like a big deal. For the rest of the population it is noise.

You're telling me that if he has a bad game down the road in September, the media is going to be focused on some non-incendiary quote of his from back in mid June? No chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X