Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Webb to receivers galore: 5 Giants minicamp revelations

http://nypost.com/2017/06/18/davis-w...p-revelations/

Excerpt: "An eight-week offseason program came to an end this past week with a three-day mandatory minicamp, providing the Giants with a final look at the players they’ve assembled on their roster. They have gone their separate ways until July 27, when the team reconvenes for training camp.

Here are five Giants-sized observations gleaned from the springtime work:

O-My

It was something to behold. The Giants, on one play in their final minicamp practice, lined up on offense with rookie tight end Evan Engram split wide right, with Brandon Marshall in the right slot, a pair of big, athletic pass-catching options. On the left side, Sterling Shepard was in the slot and Odell Beckham Jr. was on the outside. Can you imagine how far a defense will have to stretch itself to cover these four threats?

First thought: The predictable formations of 2016 are dead and buried. Second thought: With so many options, Beckham’s reception totals could drop but his yards-per-catch could go up, up and away with so many seams and creases to exploit." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Boy it would be nice if the kid Webb showed so much promise that they could drop Johnson & Geno to use that much needed Roster spot in another area that is top heavy with talent like WR. It's not like either one of them are going to be hard to re sign if they needed to
    Last edited by miked1958; 06-18-2017, 09:02 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Boy it would be nice if the kid Webb showed so much promise that they could drop Johnson & Geno to use that much needed Roster spit in another area that is top heavy with talent like WR. It's not like either one of them are going to be hard to re sign if they needed to
      You have a point. That would be great. But I think they are going to totally redshirt him. Regardless of what he shows.
      Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
        You have a point. That would be great. But I think they are going to totally redshirt him
        . Regardless of what he shows.
        No way should we red shirt him. Let's see how he does if they give him a chance. Can't be too much worse than Eli was his first year.

Comment

Originally posted by mainegiantsfan View Post
          No way should we red shirt him. Let's see how he does if they give him a chance. Can't be too much worse than Eli was his first year.
          Eli's first year is in no way comparable to Webb's situation

Comment

Webb should be the only other Qb carried on the roster. Geno and Johnson wont save this team if Eli goes down. Webb could use the extra reps instead of wasting them on the other Qbs
            The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Originally posted by Martyr View Post
              Webb should be the only other Qb carried on the roster. Geno and Johnson wont save this team if Eli goes down. Webb could use the extra reps instead of wasting them on the other Qbs
              And you formed this opinion based on a couple weeks of OTA's and mini-camp?

We really don't know if the kid can play in this league. And won't for a while.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by mainegiantsfan View Post
                They are not even going to give Webb the chance to fail is what I mean.

QBs can be so... Well Let me put it this way. The Mental game for a QB is what makes or breaks you in the NFL. They are not going to let Webb go in there and make a fool out of himself and ruin any chance he had to be a good pro. QBs can get overwhelmed easily.

Let him learn from Eli on how he handles everything before allowing the NFL to eat him alive.

Do you want a rookie QB to come in with nerves of steel and dominate from the get go? Of coarse! But he doesn't need too so the Giants are going to break him in very slowly to ensure he is as comfortable as possible.

Imagine he is the only other Qb on the roster and something actually happens to Eli? The Giants are trying to go on a legitimate Superbowl run. You just can't have a rookie QB in there for the stretch run. Thats more pressure than you might realize on Webb if we leave him as the number 2.
                Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  And you formed this opinion based on a couple weeks of OTA's and mini-camp?

We really don't know if the kid can play in this league. And won't for a while.
                  yes and as a fan id rather watch him struggle than a few journeyman Qbs

Comment

yes and as a fan id rather watch him struggle than a few journeyman Qbs
                    You want a back up QB who you don't know can even play?

Geno has won games in the NFL. And done it with a much worse team than we have. He is exactly what you want in a back up QB.

Comment

"First thought: The predictable formations of 2016 are dead and buried."

This seems to be overlooked. IMO this was the single biggest issue for the offense last year. Being predictable made every flaw on this team so much worse. You will see this run game and this OLine improve a ton just by not being predictable.

My other thought is how much better will Perkins be this year since he actually gets to work out this spring. Some people overlook the fact he could not practice with the team and learn from his coaches until the season was almost starting last year.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        You want a back up QB who you don't know can even play?

Geno has won games in the NFL. And done it with a much worse team than we have. He is exactly what you want in a back up QB.
                        i cant argue that its sound logic. I still think it wouldnt be enough of a difference if Eli god forbid goes down for any lengh of time. Save the extra spot for another player and keep webb

Comment

What if Eli goes down for a few games and we need a QB who can win a couple of games while he is out to stay in the playoff hunt?

Comment

id take that gamble

Comment

i cant argue that its sound logic. I still think it wouldnt be enough of a difference if Eli god forbid goes down for any lengh of time. Save the extra spot for another player and keep webb
                              What you want from a back up QB is a guy who has won games in the NFL. That's what Geno is. Give him the kind of WR's we have and he can win games with us. Obviously, if our starter goes down for the season it would be tough. But if he goes down for a stretch, Geno can keep the ship afloat.

I don't get why you would want to take the risk. For what? To have an extra guy at the end of the bench? Plus the rules about having an emergency QB make that criteria pretty much moot. I don't get what you think we are gaining here by taking the chance you seem to be suggesting.

We WILL have 3 QB's on our roster. That is a foregone conclusion. And rightly so.

Comment

Working...
                              X