This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Obviously, you dont understand how virtually impossible it is to roll out a software update on a public message board that will be accessed by people with potentially hundreds of different devices with different operating systems, and even older/newer versions of the same operating systems.

There is no way....NO WAY.....to release a bug free update on this kind of public platform. It can't happen. Impossible, even if they shut the boards down for a solid year and did nothing but work on the update. There are still going to be problems for some folks.

This is coming from someone with an IT background.

That being said, its why threads like this are so useful to the developers. They get feedback from people who are having trouble with the update and react accordingly.
    Yup. I got a 30 year IT background too, but some peeps just want to complain instead of helping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Obviously, you dont understand how virtually impossible it is to roll out a software update on a public message board that will be accessed by people with potentially hundreds of different devices with different operating systems, and even older/newer versions of the same operating systems.

There is no way....NO WAY.....to release a bug free update on this kind of public platform. It can't happen. Impossible, even if they shut the boards down for a solid year and did nothing but work on the update. There are still going to be problems for some folks.

This is coming from someone with an IT background.

That being said, its why threads like this are so useful to the developers. They get feedback from people who are having trouble with the update and react accordingly.
      Die Hard, if I was running some obscure browser on an obscure OS, you'd have a point. Windows and IE? At the very least it should work with IE, Chrome, Safari, Windows and iOS. That is beside the point, if you read the beginning I said bugs would be expected and give them a chance to work it out. A week later they didn't. Been through a lot of site updates like this and much smaller organizations than the New York Football Giants have responded and corrected more quickly than this. Took a week for someone to say, "Hey we see it and we are working on it." For all we know that was the first time they put a thought to it since they first updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

They moved the menu on the mobile site so it is no longer behind the logo. Thanks!
        Yes!!! They moved it from the left side behind the logo forcing you to turn Phone and expand the page to full screen all the way to right side on the Red Banner!!!
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

The GD sort doesn't even work right, I mean that is basic stuff, I don't know how you would even get a sort function to sort randomly like this one does if you wanted it to.

1-Hard to identify whether or not a thread has been posted on since last time you read it.
          2-Sort does not work properly
          3-Graphics and displays to not align properly
          4-Last post link does not always bring you to last post
          5-Avatars are not linked to names displayed on the thread list page

Those are 5 things you can see that is wrong in about 1 second of using the site, and we should tell the tech people what is wrong? Have they tried coming to the boards yet to even look? But of course the response will be its your devise, use a different browers, etc...No, program it so it works on the devices commonly used. Android, iOS, Windows, etc... Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc.... This are not some hard to find OS and browsers that are used by so small a part of the population that it isn't worth doing some testing on them before rolling out the update.

It functions, you can post on it, so in the end, not a big deal. But this is a really shoddy job of an update that appears to have had very little effort or thought put into it. If it was a couple of days for these very basic things to work out, then it was probably a goof, but at this point its over a week and the GD sort is still not working. That is unbelieveable to me.
          Yes I noticed that to on your issue #1. You don't see the last person to post making you click on it only to see that your post was the last one. I assume the highlighted or non highlighted threads will tell you which ones you've read and nothing new is in them if non highlighted. But that doesn't always work as I clicked on a bold one yet my post was what updated it to make it bold again.
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            Yes I noticed that to on your issue #1. You don't see the last person to post making you click on it only to see that your post was the last one. I assume the highlighted or non highlighted threads will tell you which ones you've read and nothing new is in them if non highlighted. But that doesn't always work as I clicked on a bold one yet my post was what updated it to make it bold again.
            #1 wouldn't be so bad if #2 wasn't a problem. I sort by last update and currently the most recently updated is the 4th thread on the second page. They are all listed in a completely random order.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Die Hard, if I was running some obscure browser on an obscure OS, you'd have a point. Windows and IE? At the very least it should work with IE, Chrome, Safari, Windows and iOS. That is beside the point, if you read the beginning I said bugs would be expected and give them a chance to work it out. A week later they didn't. Been through a lot of site updates like this and much smaller organizations than the New York Football Giants have responded and corrected more quickly than this. Took a week for someone to say, "Hey we see it and we are working on it." For all we know that was the first time they put a thought to it since they first updated.
              I get what you're saying, I really do, but a week, in IT time, is like a nanosecond LOL

Give these guys a chance. They'll get it right
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• I am not getting "notifications" now. Maybe it just takes a few hours to reset
                Last edited by Vampire; 07-05-2017, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  i dont see the sigs settings
                  Did you look in your profile?
                  Last edited by Mod_C; 07-01-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Man....The Polls are very wonky. They show up in the body of the message and there is no section to add a poll question. Please look into this when you get a second admins.

gracias

Comment

• Still getting random notifications.

Also getting the weird characters preceding when I type a carriage return on the mobile site.

Edit, multiple "A" characters appear on the screen after a carriage return, but show up in the post after the paragraph.

Last edited by DandyDon; 07-10-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• I do have to admit that I like the how the ignore option works now. Good work
                        sigpic

Comment

• Not sure how to post pictures properly. Sometimes they post as thumbnails instead of the original pic size.

Emoticons need correcting.

Comment

• No offense, but I don't see a single advantage of the upgraded system over the old system

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              No offense, but I don't see a single advantage of the upgraded system over the old system
                              Agreed.

This board is terrible and has gotten worse with every "upgrade".

There are free boards out there that look better and are more user friendly than this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                                Not sure how to post pictures properly. Sometimes they post as thumbnails instead of the original pic size.

Emoticons need correcting.
                                The pics thing is definitely jacked up. I tried to post one on Friday, and it gave me the option to upload it, so I did. As soon as it posted, it then gave me the option to upload it from a link, which was preferable, but after doing that, I had not one, but TWO pics posted, and I couldn't get rid of either one. Wound up deleting the entire post and giving up

Other than that, I'm not having any other problems with the boards. They seem functional enough
                                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X