Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants vet ignores mixed messages: I am winning this job

http://nypost.com/2017/06/19/giants-...s-now-my-time/

Excerpt: "What does Jay Bromley see when he studies the defensive line for the Giants and spots the glaring opening at right defensive tackle?

“If I’m being honest, man, I see me,’’ Bromley told The Post recently. “I see me.’’

It is a vision that could turn into reality, as long as the coaching staff views Bromley and the one remaining starting job on the line as compatible.

In one sense, this should be Bromley’s time, entering his fourth NFL season, having served his apprenticeship. In another sense, the Giants certainly did not pave the way for Bromley, 25, putting up speed bumps by taking Dalvin Tomlinson in the second round of the draft and then signing Corbin Bryant, a 29-year-old who started 16 games for the Bills the past two seasons.

In Tomlinson, the Giants have a player with impeccable pedigree (Alabama) they project as a starter; the only question is when.

“We wanted him for a reason,’’ defensive line coach Patrick Graham said. “He’s a good football player, and he comes from a good program. He’ll just work through the process, and we will do our best to make sure we facilitate that as much as possible.’’ Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Would love to see him somehow step up and start, or at least be a viable option in a DT rotation. That would be a very, very nice surprise.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Dude...if you aren't starting by the last year of your rookie deal.....You need to either make some life changes or change teams....Worked wonders for Martellus Bennett

Comment

For every Barry Coefield, Linval Joseph, and Jonathan Hankins there is a Jay Alford, Marvin Austin, and (likely) Jay Bromley.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
          For every Barry Coefield, Linval Joseph, and Jonathan Hankins there is a Jay Alford, Marvin Austin, and (likely) Jay Bromley.
          Alford was injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post
            Alford was injury.
            Alford may have not done much as a whole career but he will always be known for making one of the biggest plays in Giant's history with his monster sack if Brady driving him 5 yards back in the air. Huge play making it tougher on NE
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post
              Alford was injury.
              Yes, he was a really good up and coming DT. Austin was not cut out to be a professional athlete and Jay Bromley's story (the only LB on this list) is not yet complete. However, coming into his 4th season this year, he is landing on a short runway. This could be it for him.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Confidence is good. Having him step up can only be a positive for this team even if he doesn't end up starting.

Comment

Four tackles to make roster. Snacks, Tomlinson, Thomas and Bryant.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X