Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2017 preview magazine says Giants will make playoff run. But how far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2017 preview magazine says Giants will make playoff run. But how far?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Escape from Seattle ... with a playoff win?

It would be a heck of an achievement for the Giants, and Athlon Sports is predicting it will happen.

The sports periodical group's 2017 NFL preview magazine has hit newsstands, and it not only picks the Giants to return to the playoffs this season, but to one-up themselves and win a game.

Athlon says the Giants will finish second (behind the Cowboys) in the NFC East. The magazine predicts the Giants will then upend the NFC West champion Seahawks on the road as a wild card team, conquering the NFL's most intimidating home field advantage. That game would be a rematch of the Giants' Week 7 game at MetLife Stadium.

The Giants' run then ends in the same place last season ended. Athlon says the Giants will bow out to the NFC North champion Packers in the divisional round. The Cowboys will also lose in that round, to the reigning conference champion and NFC South-winning Falcons. Green Bay then beats Atlanta in a rematch of last year's NFC title game before falling to the Patriots in Super Bowl LII." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If this Defense is as good as last year and the Offense produces like it "should" we will compete with the top teams in the league for the Lombardi Trophy.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

They could go all the way!
      Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

So he says everything is 99% the same as last year.....

What an asshat.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          So he says everything is 99% the same as last year.....

What an asshat.
          Well, the teams that he feels will be in the playoffs - but not the exact results. I didn't feel the Packers were very strong, as a team, in last season's playoffs. I know they had a lot of their starting secondary out, and Rodgers played out of his mind for a few quarters. I don't see them advancing to the S.B.. If the Giants show up in the first round, I'd be very confident about them advancing further.

Comment

I'm not much worried about that right now. according to the stats, teams who go 2-1 or 3-0 in the first 3 games always make it into the Playoffs something like 70% + of the time

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
              I'm not much worried about that right now. according to the stats, teams who go 2-1 or 3-0 in the first 3 games always make it into the Playoffs something like 70% + of the time
              So the first Goal will be to get to 3-0 or 2-1 then!!!
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Wow so easy to use Red Font now or any other colors for that matter. No more having to figure out E-equals-MC-squared equations, lol
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                X