Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move to cornerback is Giants' Mykkele Thompson's last shot to make it

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Mykkele Thompson knows the clock is ticking.

A fifth-round pick by the Giants in 2015, Thompson's first two seasons have been wiped away by injuries. He tore his Achilles tendon in his first preseason game, which caused him to miss his entire rookie season. Then, Thompson was placed on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury in his career debut in Week 2 last season.

Two years, two injuries, one game played.

"I've been waiting a long time for myself," Thompson said. "I just feel like I haven't put out a name for myself and I'm just ready for the opportunity to present myself to the fans."

Thompson's opportunity will come at a new position. After working at safety in his first two seasons, Thompson moved to cornerback this spring.

"They just told me that we wanted me to play corner," Thompson said. "I was just like, 'Whatever. It doesn't matter to me. The more the merrier.' The more positions I can play, the better my stock is. I signed up to play (defensive back), so wherever they want me to play, that's where I'll play. If this is the new home, so be it." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If he can stay injury free this season, and proves to be able to play both safety and CB, he becomes even more valuable. Who can say what position group might have a rash of injuries, and need competent backup?

Comment

The guy was already pedaling a bicycle on the side during mini-camp. I don't have high hopes ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        The guy was already pedaling a bicycle on the side during mini-camp. I don't have high hopes ....
        Some guys are injury prone.

Comment

Reese already corrected his mistake with The Clemson Safety, who was a way better prospect than Mychelle

Comment

Working...
          X