Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Giants get with defensive end Devin Taylor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will Giants get with defensive end Devin Taylor?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: " It's hard to miss Devin Taylor.

The 6-foot-7 defensive end has managed to more or less stay undetected, though, since signing a one-year deal with the Giants in late May. He hasn't been quoted anywhere, with the exception of this story. When asked about him, head coach Ben McAdoo, defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and defensive line coach Patrick Graham have answered with generalities about experience and competition.

It's fitting it's been that way. Taylor is one of the biggest on-field enigmas residing on the Giants' 90-man roster. He could end up being general manager Jerry Reese's savviest offseason signing. He could also be gone by early September, or somewhere in the middle. Even Taylor isn't sure how this will all work out.

"It's been a learning experience, having to learn a new defense, new schemes, new players and coaches and everything. I'm just getting adapted to my new environment," Taylor told NJ Advance Media recently. "I'm just trying to add some more depth than they already had."

But how much more? Taylor comes to the Giants with 15 sacks in 61 career games with 18 starts. Those numbers pop at first glance, considering the rest of the Giants' reserve ends - fifth-round pick Avery Moss, Owa Odighizuwa, Romeo Okwara, Jordan Williams, Kerry Wynn and undrafted rookie Evan Schwan - have three sacks in 69 combined games with 11 starts.

The Giants have admitted they have to lessen the workloads of starters Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon this season. Pierre-Paul played 90-plus percent of the Giants' defensive snaps in 10 of 12 regular games last year before his season-ending core muscle injury, while Vernon hit that plateau in 13 of 16 games, plus the playoff loss to the Packers. Taylor would seem well-qualified to help them with that goal." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I liked Spags old system of rotating DE's and tackles. We had the depth at the positions. Do we have that now? If we have that depth, we could keep fresh legs out on the field.

Comment

I like that he is 6'7. He maybe can swat down some passes and block some field goal attempts with that height!!! Remember Ed "Too Tall" Jones.. He was constantly knocking passes down
      Last edited by miked1958; 07-04-2017, 11:22 PM.
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
      X