Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But wait, was Bradshaw selfish on the last TD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But wait, was Bradshaw selfish on the last TD?

I don't know, it just seemed like he played stupid in trying to down the ball. Was he just trying to up his stats like this was Madden?

Re: But wait, was Bradshaw selfish on the last TD?

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]I don't know, it just seemed like he played stupid in trying to down the ball. Was he just trying to up his stats like this was Madden?[/quote]

yeah but what if the pats get a big return and a big play to get into field goal range, and the giants lose 20-18, or they try the field goal and have it blocked or trey junkined?

idk, you take the TD and make the pats have to make legit plays. i understand wanting to let it drain every last second off the clock, especially if the game is tied, but you take it when you can. look how hard it was for the giants to ****in score all game long lol

Comment

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]I don't know, it just seemed like he played stupid in trying to down the ball. Was he just trying to up his stats like this was Madden?[/quote]

Hard to fight instinct.

Comment

I honestly think he tried to stop and his momentum took him in. I don't think he expected it to be that easy

Comment

Umm his feet hurt . . Couldn't kneel

Comment

no if he was selfish he wouldn't have even attempted to go down at the end. his momentum was carrying him, instincts kicked in, you could see him tryin to stop his momentum and fall down but it was too late.

Comment

[quote user="NYG 5"][quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]I don't know, it just seemed like he played stupid in trying to down the ball. Was he just trying to up his stats like this was Madden?[/quote]

yeah but what if the pats get a big return and a big play to get into field goal range, and the giants lose 20-18, or they try the field goal and have it blocked or billy cundiffed?

idk, you take the TD and make the pats have to make legit plays
              [/quote]

I agree. Can't run the clock down if you're not winning.

Comment

you really think it was about stats? I feel sorry for you then. You completely failed on that read. He almost sat down didn't he?

Comment

we have all seen what Brady can accomplish. I think even though they had more time, A TD was the better option as other wise All brady would have to do to is get into FG range to win it.

Comment

WE ARE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD CHAMPIONS!! YEAH, THAT ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE ANALYZED AT THIS POINT. YES, YES!!!!

Lets go, Giants!

Comment

if the giants didnt want to score the TD, they would have had eli down the ball 2 times and then kick the FG.

Comment

I understand the strategy, but I would not have liked the odds with Brady only needing 3.

Comment

yea who knows, what if we milk the clock down to :02 and bring the field goal unit on and tynes shanks or something.

Comment

Looking back I think the TD was the right call.
                            If he kneels pats take a time out with 57.
                            Gmen run 3rd down play that results in a TD or getting stopped at the 1.
                            If they get a TD pats get the wall with 50 sec and no timeouts
                            If they get stopped pats get the ball with 17 secs no timeouts and a field goal wins.

I would rather have 50 sec and no timeouts
                            followed by 57 secs 1 time out and a 4 point lead
                            I wouldn't want 17 secs with a 2 point lead and no time outs.

So all in all not that bad a play by Bradshaw.

Comment

actually i think he was somewhat confused. he didnt have enough time to think so he done the next best thing....score!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X