The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

Re: The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

time doesn't run during two-point conversions
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

I don't believe the clock runs on PATs

Comment

Time doesn't run out on extra points or 2-point conversions.

Comment

[quote user="krygny"]I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

[/quote]lol get some sleep my man. Its been a long night. []

Comment

I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

I know some people in pools who were pissed at that.

Comment

NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.

Comment

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.
                  [/quote]

After thinking about it, I guess if the Pats would've got the ball behind by 6, they'd need to actually convert an extra point to take the lead. Once again, Coach Coughlin knows more than I do.

Comment

[quote user="krygny"]NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

[/quote]No problem brother. Honest mistake

Comment

Who really cares?
                      Why analyze this?

NY Giants are SuperBowl XLVI Champions.
                      NY Giants are the better team.
                      NY Giants performed when it counted.
                      NY Giants won the game.

The better QB is Eli Manning.

I bELIeve.

Comment

It's an untimed down, however the thought of Eli running around the filed to the tune of Benny Hill would have been an all time moment.

Comment

[quote user="krygny"]I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD. [/quote]

That Bradshaw TD occurred on second down. If he had downed it at the one yard line, it would have wasted the Patriots' final timeout. The Patriots would most have likely allowed the TD on third down again anyway.

Comment

If the point of the TPC was just to take more time off the clock as opposed to a PAT then I guess it didn't hurt. Either way, the Pats would've needed a TD to win rather than a FG to win/tie

Comment

Sorry - still don't get it

Pats down by 4 - they STILL need a TD

Pats down by 6 - they also need a TD - and they get to win with the almost automatic PA (why talk about needing to make 2 FGs?)

Only logic for the 2 pt attempt is for the negligible chance they miss the PA -- Gronowski made 59 of 59 during the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X