12 men on the field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 men on the field

I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

If this was a move and not a mistake, it was ****ing brilliant IMO
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Re: 12 men on the field

If they did that on purpose that was a great move.

Comment

12menonthefieldgate!

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

I was thinking it was accidentally brilliant since it cost them nothing and ensured a TD wasn't made.

Of course had the Pats turned it over right then and that had gotten reversed due to the penalty and then the Pats whent on to win, that might have stuck in my craw.

Hmmmm that scenario sounds familiar now that I think of it.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

Steve Young said sarcastically during the postgame that it was a brilliant move... I started to wonder that as well about the possibility of it being designed. I guess its possible. I'll give up the 5 yards there lol.

Comment

i coulda sworn there was a rule regarding penalties in the final 2 minutes of the game? Like adding 10 seconds to the clock or something.

btw, check your PM.

Comment

If it was on purpose...why not 20?

Comment

[/quote]
                Wow can this be true? Crazy
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

I was thinking it was accidentally brilliant since it cost them nothing and ensured a TD wasn't made.

Of course had the Pats turned it over right then and that had gotten reversed due to the penalty and then the Pats whent on to win, that might have stuck in my craw.

Hmmmm that scenario sounds familiar now that I think of it.[/quote]

yea but I actually think the numbers were in our favor to give up a p0lay for 9 seconds than the odds of a turnover

plus whose to say that it wasn't becuase of the 12th mans presence that the turnover happened

i thought it was on purpose right away and the most brilliant thing ever

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If it was on purpose...why not 20?[/quote]

I think you just gave away a new strategy moving forward.

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If it was on purpose...why not 20?[/quote]

because there was 9 seconds left and then had to go 50 yards in 9 seconds with no timeouts... i'll take that scenerio every time

Comment

[/quote]

I totally think it was on purpose. If it was a legit mistake TC would have been fuming on the sidelines...

great move...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

They touched on this on mike an mike this morning. Apparently some patriot fans were complaining saying that a rule change has to be made to an automatic first down or a 15 yarder. Golic said that buddy Ryan did it back in the day and sent 15 guys on the field. Interesting thought, wonder If it was on purpose?

Comment

[quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If it was on purpose...why not 20?[/quote]

I think you just gave away a new strategy moving forward.
                            [/quote]

its too easy and they have to change the rulies regarding that. Like the time goes back on the clock or something. Why not put 15 on the field then.....?

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If it was on purpose...why not 20?[/quote]

because there was 9 seconds left and then had to go 50 yards in 9 seconds with no timeouts... i'll take that scenerio every time
                              [/quote]

Yes...but my question is not why did they do it, if they did...but why didn't they put about 10 extra guys out there. It is still only a five yard penalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X