No announcement yet.

Welker Drop? That was a horrible pass!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welker Drop? That was a horrible pass!

I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver.

When a receiver has to go aerial and backwards to haul a pass...it is not only on him.

Re: Welker Drop? That was a horrible pass!

[quote user="Markroman"]I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver. When a receiver has to go aerial and backwards to haul a pass...it is not only on him.[/quote]

Absolutely. Both QB and WR are at fault in that situation cough *Eli's tipped INTs last year* cough

Comment

Yeah, when Collinsworth said Welker makes that catch "100 times out of 100" I thought, "uhh..." I mean Welker is great, but to me that's maybe a 6 or 7 times out of 10 play. And it would have been a GREAT catch.

Comment

[quote user="Markroman"]I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver.

When a receiver has to go aerial and backwards to haul a pass...it is not only on him.[/quote]

not the most accurate of balls, but it got there and hit him in both hands

the WRs are professionals too... u have to make that catch
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Markroman"]I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver.

When a receiver has to go aerial and backwards to haul a pass...it is not only on him.[/quote]

Actually it wasn't.

The play was supposed to go inside the numbers but if Brady throws that, KP has an easy pick.

Brady threw it exactly where it needed to be ... Welker just whiffed on a slightly awkward catch.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

agreed, it was a bad pass.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Markroman"]I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver.

Actually it wasn't.

The play was supposed to go inside the numbers but if Brady throws that, KP has an easy pick.

Brady threw it exactly where it needed to be ... Welker just whiffed on a slightly awkward catch.[/quote]

i wouldn't call it horrible, but it DEF could of been better

either way - Welker has to come down with it
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

He should have caught that ball. It hit him in the hands. Wasnt the best pass but he should have caught it.
                Rogers missed some easy ones too. it happens.
                Luckily our QB was calm cool and collected!

It was destiny for our team to win it this year!

Comment

I think he got both hands on it... At the end of the day he was open the pass got there... Ha dhe made that catch the outcome of that game may have been different...But it didnt so whatever!!!
                  Go Giants!!!

Comment

+1
                    Kruunch Giants forced him to throw it a little behind or get picked.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Markroman"]I do not get the focus on the "welker drop". Yes, Welker is know for making that circus catch. Sorry, but, that was a fricken horrible throw to a wide open receiver.

Actually it wasn't.

Brady threw it exactly where it needed to be ... Welker just whiffed on a slightly awkward catch.[/quote]

i wouldn't call it horrible, but it DEF could of been better

either way - Welker has to come down with it
                      [/quote]

Especially considering Welker had the most receptions in the league this year.

He doesn't nromally drop a pass that hits him in the middle of both hands.

I saw it as a lucky gonk on his part.

Even Gisele agrees with me lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141619667.html
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

woulda-shoulda-coulda = losers.
                        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

If you think that catch is easy then you've never tried to twist while in mid-air and catch the ball at the same time. Could he have made the catch? Absolutely! But it wasn't an easy catch...just as Samuel's missed INT in the last SB was not an easy catch.

Comment

I can't believe that everyone is all over Welker about this, it was a lousy pass and could he have caught it, yes, but an easy catch, no way, lets put it where it belongs, Brady missed a wide open reciever point blank, get off Welkers back.
                            Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

All I am saying is that too much dumping going on Welker. He was twisting in the air to try to get to the ball.

He had to adjust while in the air. Very few receivers can make that catch and he is probably 1 of 3 or 4. It was no gimme and I think a little unfair to see all the focus as if it was an easy catch.

Comment

Working...
                              X