The Trade ... 8 years later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trade ... 8 years later

Watching ESPN and Ernie Accorsi is about to come on for an interview .... got me wondering ... if all the haters of the trade now feel differently ... lolololol ..... I loved it on draft day and love it even more today

Re: The Trade ... 8 years later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJT4s5COX4Q

We can laugh at this forever
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJT4s5COX4Q

We can laugh at this forever [/quote]

HAHHAAH ... the reason you can't rate a trade until they retire ... at the end of the video the guy says that the Chrgers basically ROBBED the Giants cause they got Kaeiding and OL and Merriman .... lolololo

Now that Trade outside of the Hershael EWalker Deal might go down as the best in football !!!!

Comment

Truth?

We really ripped off the Chargers in that trade.

Looking for a little bit of fun this aft? Check out their message board. Large portion of their fanbase is online saying that Manning was smart to wiggle his way out of SD.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJT4s5COX4Q We can laugh at this forever [/quote]

That is ****ing hysterical.

Perfect example of the fruit-fly attention span of sports media.

I remember defending Eli, and using Phil Simms as an example....you've got to give QBs the time to develop....you can't just expect every QB to "Cam Newton" it right out of college.

Comment

To me, I think we validated the trade after SB 42. This just really makes AJ Smith look like a Moron.

Comment

i wouldnt call it a trade, i would call it a fleecing ... fortunately there is a 7 year statue of limitation, so we can't be charged with highway robbery

Comment

Posner and his terrible lisp. This idiot is the same guy who ticked off Ryan Leaf.

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJT4s5COX4Q

Don Banks just received a nice little email from me. "Stole the Giants blind" my ***!

Comment

Ill give them all the crappy players in the world for a great qb... which is what happened

Comment

[quote user="mommy2dylan"]Watching ESPN and Ernie Accorsi is about to come on for an interview .... got me wondering ... if all the haters of the trade now feel differently ... lolololol ..... I loved it on draft day and love it even more today[/quote]

Why would anyone be upset on draft day?

Comment

[quote user="SouthernGiant56"][quote user="GmenFan1980"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJT4s5COX4Q

Don Banks just received a nice little email from me. "Stole the Giants blind" my ***!
                        [/quote]

Nice sig!

Comment

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]To me, I think we validated the trade after SB 42. This just really makes AJ Smith look like a Moron.
                          [/quote]

This. As soon as we won the SB in 2007, the Eli trade was worth it.

"The trade" was beneficial for both sides. SD got enough picks to get a good QB and players to make the relevant. And we got a QB that we could win a SB with.

Comment

We got the better end of the deal no question.

Let's compare stats

Eli

RAT YDS TD

Career 82.1 27579 185

Rivers

RAT YDS TD

Career 95.5 24285 163

So just from a stat point of view Eli has Rivers beat.

Eli playoff record

8-3

Rivers playoff record

3-4

And lastly Eli has 2 Super Bowl MVP's

Now the other players that were involved were Shawne Merriman & Nate Kaeding.

Merriman came off strong his first 3 seasons, accumulating 39.5 sacks, then he got busted for steroids and got injured. And has been non-exsitent ever since.

Nate Kaeding has been consistent in the regular season; but in the playoffs he has strugled to say the least.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                            X