Bradshaw scoring could've been the worst gaff ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradshaw scoring could've been the worst gaff ever

When the Giants got a 1st down I got up and said to everyone in the room-"ok,we don't want to score".that was obvious.but I said,"there is no reason to even hand it off.Eli should kneel twice and center the second and we can kick a 25 yarder at the gun.Admit it,when Bradshaw scored and gave Brady 57 seconds you were livid.Fortunately,this defense is better than the one that rodgers went the length of the field in 4 plays earlier this yr in a minute.I remember turning to my buddy when we got inside the 20 at the end and saying "Geez,wouldn't it be great if we could kick a chip shot at the gun to win it and not give them any chance?'To think we got that and somehow screwed it up was incredible.Kneel down.Kneel down again in the middle.Kick a 25 yd field goal.game over.But nooooo....instead we got 57 seconds of torture.Pisarchiks reverse spin handoff to Csonka lead to the victory formation.Had Brady pulled off a miracle... well,you know.Why hand off?You know the answer.you don't.Coughlin,Eli and Bradshaw knew it too.And did it anyway.had The pats pulled off a miracle it would've went down as the biggest bonehead play ever,in any sport.Just thought I'd say what alot of us were thinking during those 57 seconds of torture.

Re: Bradshaw scoring could've been the worst gaff ever

i have no problem with bradshaw scoring.

Comment

Not really, what if he downs it and then we botch the FG?

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"]Not really, what if he downs it and then we botch the FG?
        [/quote]

Yup, there are two sides to every coin.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

It's easy to say that it was the correct thing to do now that we know the outcome, but I think you have to take the score. That touchdown was a sure score, the field goal is never 100%.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]i have no problem with bradshaw scoring.[/quote]

Me either.

Comment

"You PLAY to WIN the GAME."

Brady would have gotten the ball either way. I'd rather be up 4 than up 1 in that instance.

Comment

Coughlin in an interview said Eli had told
                Bradshaw not to score which is why he hesitated but then couldn't stop
                his momentum. TC was pretty humble about saying that he had missed it,
                but also talked about how either way there were risks (as mentioned missed field goal).

Comment

Gronkowski getting the rebound on that hail mary would have been the worst gaff ever. when i saw the ball bounce and hang up in the ear with that behemoth standing under it, my heart stopped.

The Botched Snap II would have been terrible, but giving up a hail mary would have made half the population of new york jump off the nearest building.

Comment

I was scared of brady moving the chains to be honest.

But our defense proved themselves worthy!

Comment

[quote user="PrideofNY"]"You PLAY to WIN the GAME."

Brady would have gotten the ball either way. I'd rather be up 4 than up 1 in that instance.
                      [/quote]
                      Well I think they meant if u go down on 2nd down then they have to burn last timeout. On third down u can either kneel again and then let the clock run down to 4-5 seconds, call your last timeout and kick to win the game. Or u try to run it again on third down and try for the TD which would kill more time if u score or if not let it run down on 4th and kick..

Hindsight AB is trained to score. When they parted the Red sea he was shocked and tried to score
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Anybody recall the Romo screwup in the playoffs against Seattle at the 2?

Take the points and if the defense blew it, they didn't deserve it.

Comment

Do you really think the chances of botching a 25 yard field goal are higher than brady going 80 yards in a minute with a timeout.A 25 yarder from the middle is a 98% sucess situation.I really didn't post this expecting that anyone would defend scoring a td,especially since Coughlin has said it was a mistake that he knew could've blown up in his face.If they missed a 25 yarder NOONE would have questioned what Coughlin did.If the Pats went 80 yards in a minute to win Coughlin would have gone down in infamy.We gave the Pats a chance.Everyone,from Coughlin to BB agrees.We did exactly what BBel wanted us to do.And the 1st responses to my post say they had no problem.I give up.Rediculous posts are active.Serious posts about football get responses like these.I expected,yeah,i was pissed.instead,I get posts defending the indefensible.Come on guys.

Comment

When he scored I cheered, but immediatly said too soon. I was so happy to see our D step up.

To be honest, I have no idea what the right decision is...take the score when you can get it I guess.

Comment

If this...could've been...if Romo..if Brady..If Gronk..If Terell Thomas...if Cruz

If this..if that..

Means nothing!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X