does anyone else feel this way?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone else feel this way?

while i am very happy, i wasnt as happy as i was in 07 for some reason, any one else feels this way

Re: does anyone else feel this way?

im enjoying this one more

Comment

No

Comment

this one more.

because i know now it wasn't a fluke, even though pats fans and 49ers fans are saying now we won on a double fluke.

sigpic

Comment

This game is awesome, how can you not feel happy? We got our 4th bro

Comment

[quote user="daking1"]while i am very happy, i wasnt as happy as i was in 07 for some reason, any one else feels this way[/quote]

I understand... the first time, it was shock value, While I never doubted we could win in 07, I didn't dare to believe we would win until Eli's 4th quarter drive. This time, I not only dared to believe we would win, I knew we would. Therefor the win was less impactful.

07 was a suckerpunch, this one was telegraphed before hand..we knew it was coming.

Comment

I kind of know what you mean, It doesnt feel like 07. But feels great, especially considering the past few seasons.

Comment

I was way too freaked out during the '07 Super Bowl. After we won, I was more shocked than anything. Plus, I was near blackout drunk.

I know this is easy to say now, but after we beat Green Bay, I felt like we were winning the whole thing. The players seemed to feel it to evidenced by the inordinate amount of smack talk. I had to keep shutting up my thoughts of a Super Bowl victory because I was so afraid of jinxing it (amazing how much power I have over the outcome of these games...). Now I'm not saying I wasn't nervous during the 49ers game or last night, but I had never been so confident about a game than I had been last night.

Comment

[quote user="daking1"]while i am very happy, i wasnt as happy as i was in 07 for some reason, any one else feels this way[/quote]

You're not the only one. 2007 is once in a lifetime Cinderella storyline.

Comment

I blacked out after winning 42, and blacked out after winning last night. I'd say they felt pretty similar, but I know what you mean. I was going slightly more nuts in 2008.

Comment

I enjoyed this one more, felt less like luck this go around. Giants and Eli were much better despite injuries and fa lack of pick ups.

reese has a great Eye for talent.

Comment

Yeah, it's not the same. In '07, it was the first time they had won it in 17 years. Plus, they were 10 point underdogs to an 18-0 team that had yet to be beaten in a SB (under the BB regime).

This was the icing on the cake, but SB 42 was the cake.

Comment

Working...
                        X