Eli better than Brady?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli better than Brady?

On ESPN First Take this morning, they had a discussion if Eli is the new Tom Brady. Rob Parker made the argument the Eli is BETTER than Brady is and ever was. While I am a die hard giants fan and absolutely love Eli, I do not agree with this statement. I do believe Eli is the 3rd best QB in the league, behind and Rodgers and Brady. However Brady has won 3 super bowls and been to 5. Thoughts? Try to leave the bias out of it.

EDIT: Also, if you do believe Brady is better, would you take Brady over Eli? While I believe Brady is better due to the body of work, I wouldn't trade Eli for any QB or player in the world..

Re: Eli better than Brady?

Right now he is!

Comment

'' better " is too broad of a term and subject to too much interpretation.

but i will say that Eli is better at the end
      of the game . he is really clutch.

and whether or not he is a better all around QB than Brady.......i don't know , but i do know that Eli owns Brady as much as Brady owns
      Payton.

due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="LvGiants"]On ESPN First Take this morning, they had a discussion if Eli is the new Tom Brady. Rob Parker made the argument the Eli is BETTER than Brady is and ever was. While I am a die hard giants fan and absolutely love Eli, I do not agree with this statement. I do believe Eli is the 3rd best QB in the league, behind and Rodgers and Brady. However Brady has won 3 super bowls and been to 5. Thoughts? Try to leave the bias out of it.

EDIT: Also, if you do believe Brady is better, would you take Brady over Eli? While I believe Brady is better due to the body of work, I wouldn't trade Eli for any QB or player in the world.[/quote]

Do you mean regular season or post season? If you mean post season, Eli has been better in his playoff than Brady than ever was. Look at the post season stats. There are 2 halves with Brady. The 10-0 Brady with 100 QB rating (before spygate) and the 6-6 Brady with like 70 QB rating (after spygate). If you take away that fluky Denver game with his 6 TDs, Brady has more interceptions than TDs in his last 12 playoff games. Using spies to tape signals and opponents practices matters and you can clearly see the difference. It is night and day. And people talk about the 3 championships but lets not forget that bogus "tuck rule" game when Brady clearly fumbled and had 2 hands on the ball at the time. Worst call ever in nfl playoff history.

PS. Eli and Brady have the exact same playoff winning percentage but Eli's wins have been far more impressive. And Eli also beat Brady 2 straight super bowls!

Comment

Everyone chill, Brady is the better QB and I am a Giants fan since 81, if you gave Tom the weapons that Eli has at WR and RB, that team would be ridiculous, but since Robert Craft is cheap and keeps moving out of his draft spots to pick higher "more picks" and cheaper players "thinking that BB can make them all great", that trend has done nothing for his star QB, the owner is just wasting away his HOF QB.

No QB alone can become a star, you need star players around you to make it happen, heck the guy did it with a small slot WR and two tight ends, seriously. And don't tell me none of you where sweating it out real bad after they scored to make it 17-9, give the guy some respect, Tom Brady is and has been the NE franchise.

Do you think that Brady would like to have someone like Mario Maninham "free agent" to throw to deep, even Brady was impressed with that sideline catch, you think NE will have a little talk with Marios agent this off-season.

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]'' better " is too broad of a term and subject to too much interpretation.

but i will say that Eli is better at the end
            of the game . he is really clutch.

and whether or not he is a better all around QB than Brady.......i don't know , but i do know that Eli owns Brady as much as Brady owns
            Payton.[/quote]

I think Rob Parker was making the argument that Eli is better than Brady in every stage of the game. Peyton is better than Eli, but Eli is so much better in the clutch than his brother.

Comment

[quote user="swordfish"]Everyone chill, Brady is the better QB and I am a Giants fan since 81, if you gave Tom the weapons that Eli has at WR and RB, that team would be ridiculous, but since Robert Craft is cheap and keeps moving out of his draft spots to pick higher "more picks" and cheaper players "thinking that BB can make them all great", that trend has done nothing for his star QB, the owner is just wasting away his HOF QB.

No QB alone can become a star, you need star players around you to make it happen, heck the guy did it with a small slot WR and two tight ends, seriously. And don't tell me none of you where sweating it out real bad after they scored to make it 17-9, give the guy some respect, Tom Brady is and has been the NE franchise.

Do you think that Brady would like to have someone like Mario Maninham "free agent" to throw to deep, even Brady was impressed with that sideline catch, you think NE will have a little talk with Marios agent this off-season.
              [/quote]

Funny how so many analysts were actually preferring the Patriots weapons over the Giants weapons..........(1569 yards/122 receptions) Welker, Gronk (all time record breaking 1327 yards/17 TDs), a versatile Aaron Hernandez with nearly 1,000 receiving yards who can also run and Deion Branch with +700 yards.......

Poor Brady. How does he survive with these scrub players? Brady also had a scrub player named Randy Moss in 2007. LOL.... Tell that to Jay Cutler.

Comment

Big blue fan all the way - this conversation is meaningless - peyton and brady are better - but our boy is DAMN good and he helped his team win 2 superbowls - let it go - the guy is great and he is his own player.

Comment

Who is the better QB in playoff time?

Comment

Umm brady has 3 rings - id rather have that - why are we arguing this - eli is a great - did he play better yesterday - YES, does that mean he is better all time NO - but he is still the greatest Q we have ever had - why cant that be enough for fans.

Comment

Eli was better when it counted... Makes it twice now that he has led the Giants to a Super Bowl victory over the Patriots.....But Tom was playing against the 31st ranked defense in the league. & Tom had some good throws today, but his receivers dropped the passes! Tom has been to 5 sb's and won 3 which is more than Eli.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]Umm brady has 3 rings - id rather have that - why are we arguing this - eli is a great - did he play better yesterday - YES, does that mean he is better all time NO - but he is still the greatest Q we have ever had - why cant that be enough for fans.[/quote]

The question isn't who has more rings.... Is Bradshaw better than Brady because of rings? Is Dilfer better than Marino because of rings?

Comment

Ok then how bout you use stats and dont decide which ones to use - throw them all out there and you will see brady is ungodly - give it up man. Enjoy the win - enjoy a great QB - why does he have to better then brady or his brother. Let it go.

Comment

Eli is better than Brady outright, but not yet as good as Rodgers or Brees

No one else is close

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]Ok then how bout you use stats and dont decide which ones to use - throw them all out there and you will see brady is ungodly - give it up man. Enjoy the win - enjoy a great QB - why does he have to better then brady or his brother. Let it go.[/quote]

I already showed you the playoff stats. I told you that Eli Manning has better QB rating in the playoffs.

If you want to ignore that Brady is 6-6 with 70 QB rating in his last 12 playoff games, go ahead. Take away that fluky denver game and Brady has MORE INTERCEPTIONS than TDs. Do you really want to compare the playoff stats between Brady and Eli especially last 12 playoff games?

Comment

Working...
                              X