We're the luckiest team in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're the luckiest team in the NFL

Or atleast that's what everyone is telling me...

Story of 07: "the defense won that championship"
    "Eli had a lucky pass"
    "Tyree's catch was all luck"
    "Asanthe dropped a game ending pick"

And now our new story is: "we got lucky that Wes dropped that ball"
    "Brady's receivers lost the game, we didn't win"
    "we luckily landed on all our fumbles"
    "we don't deserve to be in the SB because we were 9-7"

I don't even think another ring for Eli will get it through their heads...thank God we're not that pathetic and bitter and we actually have a SB caliber team

Re: We're the luckiest team in the NFL

We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.[/quote]
      I don't know about "luck"....but we sure had some stuff go our way like SF beating NO. But we did what a SB team does and capitalized on everything that went our way.

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.[/quote]
        WHICH, OBVIOUSLY ENOUGH, THE PATRIOTS DONT HAVE!!!!!

Comment

Giants' receivers made their catches, Patriots' receivers didn't. Boohoo.

Pats secondary overwhelmed for most of the game. They picked the worst time to turn back into the Pats secondary.

They were lucky Bradshaw gave them their opportunity back, it's not the Giants fault they didn't do anything with it.

Comment

i don't remember anyone calling us unlucky when we were at or near the top of the NFL in dropped passes ???? and Nicks' hands are twice the size of Welker's

Comment

I don't care what people think.

Where the Giants so lucky to have so many guys on IR? They where lucky to have their starting LT out since about the middle I the season?

Maybe they where lucky because the guy that made the interception was supposed to be teaching math right about now.

The better team won. They where battle tested and they deserved it. They earned their ring.

Comment

Its funny how its "lucky" that we got the fumbles bac but if they recoved them luck would have nothing to do with it.

A football play is a football play.....period. OH yeah....that include catching and missing passes.

I am sure Welker doesnt consider himself "unlucky". He knows he sould have made a catch he knows he can make without luck having one hting to do with it.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]i don't remember anyone calling us unlucky when we were at or near the top of the NFL in dropped passes ???? and Nicks' hands are twice the size of Welker's[/quote]
                  +2

Comment

well , LUCKY for us there's a special place at Metlife stadium to display all these Lombardy
                    trophies.
                    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

that fumble but the pats had 12 men on the field was lucky

Comment

Ok if we're the luckiest does tha make NE the unluckiest.
                        I'll take luck iand a WIN anytime thankyou

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]Or atleast that's what everyone is telling me...

Story of 07: "the defense won that championship"
                          "Eli had a lucky pass"
                          "Tyree's catch was all luck"
                          "Asanthe dropped a game ending pick"

And now our new story is: "we got lucky that Wes dropped that ball"
                          "Brady's receivers lost the game, we didn't win"
                          "we luckily landed on all our fumbles"
                          "we don't deserve to be in the SB because we were 9-7"

I don't even think another ring for Eli will get it through their heads...thank God we're not that pathetic and bitter and we actually have a SB caliber team
                          [/quote]

LOLOL. We don't deserve to be in the SB? Why didn't anyone stop us ? Cuz we're lucky?

i'm loving how fans who root for teams that can't make the plays necessary to win chaulk it up to luck.

Catch the ball, recover the fumble, don't give us a safety, don't throw the pick. don't make a non-playoff team mistake (12 men) in the SB.

they plays are right there. its not luck. The Pats just couldn't finish.

AND OF ALL TEAMS TALKING ABOUT LUCK??? Cundiff? God help me.

sigpic

Comment

I'm curious. In SB 42 when we are driving for a sure touchdown and Eli's pass to a normally surehanded Steve Smith goes right through his hands (at the 5 yard line!) and pops in the air for an interception was that a lucky play for the Pats? Does any Pats fan ever bring that up? Were the Pats incredibly lucky to beat the Ravens? I differ with a lot of you here regarding luck. I don't consider us lucky at all. A better QB makes a better pass to Welker. A better receiver makes the grab in crunch time. Tyree and Manningham weren't lucky, they made big plays.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.[/quote]
                              I don't know about "luck"....but we sure had some stuff go our way like SF beating NO. But we did what a SB team does and capitalized on everything that went our way.
                              [/quote]

Thats what he means. In a SB winning season usually alot of things have to fall your way. Sometimes it involves luck. Not saying we could not go to NO and knock them out to, but it would have been alot harder game bec they match up better against us. We are the Pats Kyptonite and they our ours. Yes we made a few mistakes and the ball bounced the right way for us to be able to fall on those fumbles with guys hustleing.But its a long season and alot has to go right. We had most of our injuries early and got healthy later in year when some other teams were starting to lose key guys (gronk) Even with all the injuries we were able to have the "THE NEXT MAN UP" Step up and fill in to keep us going.

Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X