O LINE AGE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O LINE AGE

Looks like we are good for a few years. I am sure we will have back ups ready

Diehl, David 31
    Boothe, Kevin 28
    Baas, David 30
    Snee, Chris 30
    McKenzie, Kareem 32

Eli was sacked 28 times regular season
    and 11 times in the play off run.

Not that old for O line man I would think.Of course if we have an upgrade of what we have then great.

How do you guys see our O line.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: O LINE AGE

I don't think that they are that old, but I do think that they need to play together for longer, as we really did not see them dominate until later in the year, when they were able to open holes for the running game. If I am wrong, and they are not as good as they performed in the latter part of the year, then there must be an upgrade, starting the the OT. If we do get a top notch OT this off-season, I would like to see Diehl return to his natural G position.

Go Blue!

Comment

I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"]I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.[/quote]

What a better way to go out with a ring. Then again he would be a great back up if the price is right.

Comment

I really liked the way Petrus performed this year too. the run game seemed to be very solid when he was in there...

Comment

You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.

Comment

maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups

Comment

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.[/quote]

Not fooling my self was asking what you guys thought I was thinking booth at center and petrus at G

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups[/quote]

Baas will be the C.
                  Snee will be the RG.
                  Beatty will be the LT.

So that leaves two more spots, and it depends here. On one hand, they could keep Diehl at T and start Boothe or Petrus at G. Or they could move Diehl back in to G, but that would require Brewer to become a new starter. Is he ready to start?

Comment

If Baas is the starting center we will have trouble again running the football. Boothe was way better than him and he is not even a true center. I would like to see them add a very good C and a LT and move Beatty to RT.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"][quote user="ibbill"]maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups[/quote]

Baas will be the C.
                      Snee will be the RG.
                      Beatty will be the LT.

So that leaves two more spots, and it depends here. On one hand, they could keep Diehl at T and start Boothe or Petrus at G. Or they could move Diehl back in to G, but that would require Brewer to become a new starter. Is he ready to start?[/quote]

I think it'll be

Beatty LT, Petrus LG, Bass C, Snee RG, and Diehl/Brewer/FA/Draft at RT

Boothe is very versatile can play C and G

If Diehl doesn't start at RT then hes a good back up to have..he can play G and T

Comment

[quote user="Bohemian"]I don't think that they are that old, but I do think that they need to play together for longer, as we really did not see them dominate until later in the year, when they were able to open holes for the running game. If I am wrong, and they are not as good as they performed in the latter part of the year, then there must be an upgrade, starting the the OT. If we do get a top notch OT this off-season, I would like to see Diehl return to his natural G position.

Go Blue!
                        [/quote]

No, they need to get younger otherwise you're going to start rebuilding your entire line all at the same time. They need some new tackles -- replace Beatty (I don't think he's very good) and McKenzie, and use Diehl is a back-up T and G at a reduced price. The starting Guards are fine (I'massuming Boothe as the starting Guard becuase Ibelieve that he'll be starting in 2012).

Comment

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]If Baas is the starting center we will have trouble again running the football. Boothe was way better than him and he is not even a true center. I would like to see them add a very good C and a LT and move Beatty to RT.[/quote]

The run was much better the last 6 games of the season, and they need to figure out why it got better. I'm not willing to have a crappy run game through most of the season next year, again. They'd better figure out whether or not Baas is the real deal and can help in the run game or not. If he can't, then replace him with Boothe or a pick.

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]Looks like we are good for a few years. I am sure we will have back ups ready

Diehl, David 31
                            Boothe, Kevin 28
                            Baas, David 30
                            Snee, Chris 30
                            McKenzie, Kareem 32

Eli was sacked 28 times regular season
                            and 11 times in the play off run.

Not that old for O line man I would think.Of course if we have an upgrade of what we have then great.

How do you guys see our O line.[/quote]

KM will be gone.

You forgot Beatty up there who is fairly young.

We'll need a replacement at RT ... possibly Brewer and/or a draft pick this year.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I thought K-Mac was older. I would like to see Petrus get in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X