Kurt Warner: Eli is not a HOFer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner: Eli is not a HOFer!

Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

Reading it I kind of got the feeling that this was more about Eli's 2-0 SB record looking better than his 1-2 SB record.

Re: Kurt Warner: Eli is not a HOFer!

Maybe Eli believes he himself is not a HoF candidate right now. It'll push him to win 2 or 3 more.

Comment

[quote user="davmac2BB"]Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

Reading it I kind of got the feeling that this was more about Eli's 2-0 SB record looking better than his 1-2 SB record.
      [/quote]

Who cares what Warner has to say. Kurt Warner is not a hall of famer now, and never will be. Eli has a better chance than he does and still have 6 or 7 more years to get another Superbowl and improve his stats.

Move along Kurt Warner.

It's ironic that the only former players that support Eli outside of Michael Strahan are Michael Irving and Dieon Sanders, two hated Cowboys.

Comment

Didn't Warner eventually lose his job to Eli......? I have always sensed a degree of resentment in Warner.

Comment

He's probably not. Not at this point in his career.

Give it a few more years though and there won't be a question.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="davmac2BB"]Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

[/quote]

I agree with Warner ... if Eli tetired today, he's not a HoF QB.

If he plays another 4-5 years with an average sampling of what he's done up until now (even without another SB) then he is.

In my opinion of course.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

Which leads me to my next point.

Kurt was asked if he considered himself eligible for the HOF and he said yes.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

Kurt was asked if he considered himself eligible for the HOF and he said yes.[/quote]

Eli to date: 58.4 (completion %), 27579 yards, 185 TDs, 129 Ints

Warner: 65.5 comp. %, 32344 yards, 208 TDs, 128 Ints.

Based on stats and accomplishment, Kurt Warner is definite HoF. 3 SB appearances, 1 SB MVP, 2 NFL MVPs (which is huge), 4 pro bowls, x2 all-pro, a great story and part of the "Greatest Show on Turf".

Except for career completion percentage, Eli is just about at Warners stats now ... Eli will easily eclipse Warner's stats barring injury which will be enough with 2 SB MVPs to put Eli in the HoF at the least.

But as of today ... Kurt IS a HoF candidate and Eli isn't (imo).
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="NYGinIN"]Didn't Warner eventually lose his job to Eli......? I have always sensed a degree of resentment in Warner.[/quote]

Kurt Warner has had this very squeaky clean image and reputation over the years, but in recent months he definitely seems to have a liitle bit of resentment (or something) towards Eli....strange...

Comment

Once again we've confused the Hall Of FAME with the Hall of STATS.

Kurt Warner may get in but not any time soon and he won't get in before Eli so....if he was a smart man he'd be rooting for Eli to get in.

Eli I believe gets in because of the fashion in which he delivered two superbowl championships to one of, if not the most storied franchises in History.

Joe Namath is in based purely on the facts that he conducted himself like a celebrity in New York and he guaranteed a Victory over a team no one thought he could beat.

Eli doesn't have all the Rah Rah but He's delivered a championship on the most improbable run in the history of the sport culminating the in the biggest upset in the history of the sport (Possibly any sport) with the greatest play in Superbowl history (Possibly greatest play in any sport period)

And then he did it again.

If you think Eli Manning isn't going in on the first ballot you are seriously kidding yourself.

(Jesus Christ Curtis Martin is going in and he didn't do anything of note beside finnishing top 5 in rushing yards)

Please be reminded it is the Hall Of Fame and not the hall of stats.

Kurt Warner has some sort of problem with Eli Manning and its painfully obvious. \

Leading up to the Superbowl he went out of his way to say when Eli took over for him that Eli offered "Some of the worst quarterback play" He had ever saw.

Now we all know that Eli stunk the joint up pretty bad his rookie year but Kurt Warner seemed pretty desperate to get that off his chest and he didn't present that opinion in a "Look how far he's come" sorta way.

His bias disqualifies his opinion.
                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

Kurt was asked if he considered himself eligible for the HOF and he said yes.[/quote]

Based on stats and accomplishment, Kurt Warner is definite HoF. 3 SB appearances, 1 SB MVP, 2 NFL MVPs (which is huge), 4 pro bowls, x2 all-pro, a great story and part of the "Greatest Show on Turf".

Except for career completion percentage, Eli is just about at Warners stats now ... Eli will easily eclipse Warner's stats barring injury which will be enough with 2 SB MVPs to put Eli in the HoF at the least.

But as of today ... Kurt IS a HoF candidate and Eli isn't (imo).[/quote]

If the HoF is about stats, then this is right. But if the HoF is about players who stand out, Manning is deserving...his 4th quarter performances, his 2 SuperBowl MVPs, his durability, etc...these are noteworthy things that make him stand out.

Comment

Kurt Warner is a homer. I think we shall see all the jealous homers coming out now...

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="NYGinIN"]Didn't Warner eventually lose his job to Eli......? I have always sensed a degree of resentment in Warner.[/quote]

Kurt Warner has had this very squeaky clean image and reputation over the years, but in recent months he definitely seems to have a liitle bit of resentment (or something) towards Eli....strange...[/quote]

Warner went to the giants because he thought he could win a ring with them. But then he lost his starter job to Eli, and even though Eli went 1-5 in the first 6 games of his career, the giants stuck with him. Then Warner skipped town and went to Arizona, and the rest is history.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

But as of today ... Kurt IS a HoF candidate and Eli isn't (imo).[/quote]

If the HoF is about stats, then this is right. But if the HoF is about players who stand out, Manning is deserving...his 4th quarter performances, his 2 SuperBowl MVPs, his durability, etc...these are noteworthy things that make him stand out.[/quote]

The HoF is about both and more (which is why I mentioned Warner's backstory).

But if this were Eli's last game, the first knock on him being in the HoF is having a short career.

Then it's lack of stats.

Finally it would be lack of Pro Bowls and All Pros and league MVPs.

The ONLY areas Eli's legacy has right now are his Super Bowl appearances and MVPs and a couple of Pro Bowls. The fact of him being clutch is also in the mix. But as of this second ... I don't think it would be enough.

However there is no doubt in my mind that Eli plays another 5 years (at least) and even if he just compiles mediocre stats during that time, he will have built up enough to easily warrant eventual inclusion in the HoF.

If he puts up another SB win, a 3rd SB MVP and 2 or 3 more Pro Bowls ... he'd be a first ballot guy.

And again, this is obviously all supposition ... just my feelings based on how the HoF has worked up until now.

P.S. - While I believe Kurt Warner is HoF worthy, I do not believe he is first ballot worthy.

Comment

If the HoF is about stats, then this is right. But if the HoF is about players who stand out, Manning is deserving...his 4th quarter performances, his 2 SuperBowl MVPs, his durability, etc...these are noteworthy things that make him stand out.
                              I think that's the thing. I'm not sure exactly what it means to be in the HOF. Is it best stats alone? Do you get in with a combination of stats and your "story arc" as a player? I mean look at Broadway Joe. Is he in because of his stats, or because of his story?

I think it's safe to say that the HOF at least today, is a combination of stats and your "story arc". Eli has good stats, and a good story arc. Should the HOF be like that? IDK, but it certainly seems to be that way at least to me.

He's the man who lead the offense that stopped the unbeatable Pat's with the most famous scoring drive in SB history. He's the forth quarter assassin. In the year that his fellow NFL players insulted him by not putting him on the top 100 list, he showed just how hard of a worker he is and how much he had changed. When a DJ asked him if he was Elite, he said yes and turned the laughs of some people into cheers to the point where now some people who only a few months ago were laughing at him are saying he is an elite amongst the QB's of today.

It's a great story and if he decided to retire, I think it would sell, and in the end that's all he really needs to do. Sell his story to the voters and he is in. With that said though I don't think he is going to put his pen down yet, he has a lot of story left to write.

Comment

Working...
                              X