Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So WHo Will Giants Face in 2012 Thursday Night Home Opener?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So WHo Will Giants Face in 2012 Thursday Night Home Opener?

I say the Redskins since they were the only team to own us this past season

Re: So WHo Will Giants Face in 2012 Thursday Night Home Opener?

Well I know what our last 6 games will look like:

Saints
    Ravens
    49ers
    Steelers
    Dallas
    Eagles
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Packers

Comment

if they sign Peyton perhaps. but more likely the packers. that game has everything - storied franchises, recent SB champs, Eli vs. Rodgers, revenge factor for playoffs.

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]Packers[/quote]

Yeah I see the Pack. They did Pack VS Saints last year, so why wouldn't it be Pack VS G-Men this year?

Comment

How did the Packers not make that list?

Comment

Packers

Comment

Pack or 9ers.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I believe it goes something like this - if the AFC/NFC wins the SB, then its a rematch of the conference championship, unless either conference wins 2 or more in a row, then its the last 2 SB winners to open.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Well I know what our last 6 games will look like:

Saints
                    Ravens
                    49ers
                    Steelers
                    Dallas
                    Eagles[/quote]

and most of them on the road...........

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Well I know what our last 6 games will look like:

Saints
                      Ravens
                      49ers
                      Steelers
                      Dallas
                      Eagles[/quote]

I'm praying that this our first 6 games. Its about time we have the easy games in the 2nd half

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Pack or 9ers.[/quote]

Cannot be 49ers. That is slated to be a road game. Super Bowl champs always open up that Thursday nightgame at home for the banner raising ceremony.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

The NFL likes to match up the last two Super Bowl champions. And we just so happen to have a home game against Green Bay on our schedule in 2012.

Book it.
                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="RonJon"]I say the Redskins since they were the only team to own us this past season[/quote]

Saints

Comment

[quote user="Hostetler"]I believe it goes something like this - if the AFC/NFC wins the SB, then its a rematch of the conference championship, unless either conference wins 2 or more in a row, then its the last 2 SB winners to open.[/quote]

Not possible since the opponents are set by other means already (6 division games, 4 games against one NFC division and 4 games against one AFC division, and play the same seeds in the 2 NFC divisions you're not playing). And there's some algorithm to determine the home-away decision.

The only constant is the SB champ opens at home on Thursday Night. They have 8 home games to choose from. No guarantee the previous SB winner or Conference Championship opponent is on the schedule.

In 2008 for example we did not play the AFC East for a Super Bowl rematch (Pats), we didn't play the AFC South to play the previous year's champs (Colts), and we didn't play the NFC North for an NFC CG rematch (Packers).

This year we get the NFC South, AFC North, and the 2 other divisions' #1 seeds, Green Bay and New Orleans. Crap. Gonna be a brutal title defense.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X