Jets congratulating GMen???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets congratulating GMen???

I dont know... but I honestly think the jets organization is sincere (Rex Ryan No).. Ahh this is a hard one but in some ones ways I think the jets are supporting their city maybe to save face but its tough, I know we have a bitter rivalry and all but maybe the jets are happy for the title being in their city to??? Dont get me wrong I hate the jets more than anyone but that full page add is bugging me I just cant figure out the intention here...

Re: Jets congratulating GMen???

Please, this is so transparent. It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship. The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit. A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse. Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us? Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth. If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed. No sincerity involved at all. It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about. Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Anyone have a link for this? I'd like to see it lol.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Please, this is so transparent.* It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship.* The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit.* A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse.* Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us?* Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth.* If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed.* No sincerity involved at all.* It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about.* Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.
        [/quote]

More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say.

It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Please, this is so transparent. It shouts "Meeeee meeeee meeeeee!" at the point where the Giants are in a blinding afterglow of a championship. The Jets are trying to remind everybody they are out there by interjecting themselves even if just a tiny bit. A time like this is when the Jets should have their heads down and be silent as a mouse. Six weeks ago they were covering up our Super Bowl logos, now you think they are sincerely congratulating us? Come on.

Also note the two logos are the same size, implying equality, when it couldn't be further from the truth. If there was any humility and sincerity behind the ad, the Jet logo would not be on there at all or it would be much smaller.

Believe me, the Jets held meetings over running the ad and how big each logo would be and where they would be placed. No sincerity involved at all. It's a psy-op.

The Jets and particularly Woody Johnson crave the spotlight and being talked about. Since they can't do it the old fashioned way, by winning, they do it with a loudmouth coach and insincere newspaper ads.
          [/quote]

More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say.

It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.[/quote]

oooh I dunno. I think you underestimate Rexy and Woody too for that matter.

I found the ad and I gotta agree about the logo lol. It's almost too obvious.
          http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...rats-to-giants

Comment

This is just another attempt to get some attention.

Comment

Why shouldn't they imply equality? Why should any professional team concede worth?

The logo is placed on the footer which acts no differently than a signature on Jets stationary. Had the Giants done the same, it would be a classy move. There are more people running the organization than Woody and Rex. Get off your high horse, you're all paranoid.

Comment

I think they've been humbled. They started with us and got embarrassed, and now they're eating crow and calling a truce. If they start talking **** again we'll know it's not sincere, but for now it seems to be and i'm OK with it.

Comment

this is either their ownership setting an example of classiness to kinda send a message to their coaches and players

or it's more of the same and since i prefer to dislike them, i will go with the latter

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"] More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.[/quote]

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me.

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]

Why shouldn't they imply equality? Why should any professional team concede worth?

The logo is placed on the footer which acts no differently than a signature on Jets stationary. Had the Giants done the same, it would be a classy move. There are more people running the organization than Woody and Rex. Get off your high horse, you're all paranoid.[/quote]
                      I do think it was a cry for attention, possibly to clean up their public perception. But I agree with you about the logo thing, I think people are thinking about it way too hard.

Comment

somewhere in the middle is the truth. Maybe some of saving face and some of attention grabbing too.

It is a "good" gesture if not sincere. The Giants logo is "on top" where it should be. No issue with the Jets having their logo on the "bottom" where it should be...(lol)

The Jets have a long long way to go to even be considered on par with the Giants org in mnay ways.

They can say what they want be it good or be it Rex spouting BS but the reality is known by all.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="OX1"]

[quote user="bLuereverie"] More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say. It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.[/quote]

Sorry, but the only reason I had to even think about the Jets at all before Ryan was a good friend who is a jets fan and rooted for the pats in the 07 (08)SB. Even with that, it was him, not the Jets org that irrated me.

Now the blustery blowhard comes in attacking the giants every chance he gets. No question the jets started this one and they can take their congrats and stick them up their ***.

[/quote]

Absolutely the Jets and their fans started it. We were minding our own business and Rex started it, and the team and their fans joined in.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]More like your hatred for the team is transparent. Sorry, but this NYG/NYJ rivalry is perpetuated more by Giants fans, not these "insecure Jets" fans as everyone likes to say.

It was a single page in a newspaper. Hardly worth something that draws attention away from the Giants.[/quote]

Nope, sorry, you just don't understand the loser mentality of the Jets organization, players, and fan base like I do.

Again, if they are so magnanimous why were they covering up the Giants' Super Bowl logos a mere 6 weeks ago? The Jets are OBSESSED with one-upping the Giants. It used to just be the fans but since Woody Johnson bought the team it's been from the owner on down. Then you have the blowhard coach talking about how the Jets are better and will be for 10 years in his book that just came out last year.

The Jets haven't played in over a month why are we talking about them? Because of this ad. Mission accomplished.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="Mohann"][quote user="OX1"]

[/quote]

Absolutely the Jets and their fans started it. We were minding our own business and Rex started it, and the team and their fans joined in.
                              [/quote]

dude...you sound like a 4th grader......"they started it"......lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X