The Word LUCKY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Word LUCKY

Holy sh*t, I've never heard people use the word lucky so damn much in my life. Giants were lucky vs GB, Lucky @ SF, Lucky in Super Bowl. Blah blah blah shut up already. Give credit when credit due. Damn!!!

Re: The Word LUCKY

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck...

It's probably Eli "aw shucks" Manning

Comment

Ah luck lets take a look.

Evans drops a ball in the end zone - cundiff misses a gimme.

San Fran has highest turnover ratio in league.

We say these teams are great, and giants got LUCKY? Sometimes the ball bounces your way for sure - but on what were two of the biggest plays of the game Welker and Brady didnt execute - mario and eli did, thats EXECUTION.

Still ab's ball bounced are way and so did hakeems - there is no reason to apologize just as the pats didnt for cundiffs miss and the 49ers didn't for the +20 all year.

Where was our luck in the GB game when the refs were handing it back to the pack over and over? Where was our luck against atlanta as we thrashed them.

Yep we got a few bounces - every tema in the league did at some point - thats football - but we made a helluva a lot of plays as well.

Comment

Saints had a ridiculous +turnover margin in their SB season, GB had ridiculous turnover margins in their SB season and only got into the playoffs because of the DeSean Jackson punt return vs. the Giants.

SF got the Saints to fumble how many times? 4? How come 49ers forced fumbles are considered skill and the Giants forced fumbles are luck?

I think the media is salty the Giants have won 2 SBs in 4 years.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"] Yep we got a few bounces - every tema in the league did at some point - thats football - but we made a helluva a lot of plays as well.[/quote]After the 2010 season with some of those tipped passes turning into Ints and opening 2011 with the injuries we had, I think we kinda deserved a little luck. Not to mention the brutal schedule as well.

A ball bouncing in an odd direction and into the hands of the opponent can sort of be argued.

Stuff like 12 men on the field that negates a turnover can't though because that's simply a player/coaching error on not clarifying who is supposed to be out there.

Comment

[quote user="AllDayEli10"]Holy sh*t, I've never heard people use the word lucky so damn much in my life. Giants were lucky vs GB, Lucky @ SF, Lucky in Super Bowl. Blah blah blah shut up already. Give credit when credit due. Damn!!![/quote]

There is always an element of luck when you get to and then win a Superbowl. But in 3 playoff games and a Superbowl the Giants held their opponents scoring to an average of 14 points. That is not luck.
            I noticed a lot of dropped passes as well in this run but after looking back at the games I feel it came from the pressure and hard hitting as much as luck. Let it go. The Giants were the best
            football team in the NFL for the last 2 weeks of regulation and the hottest team playing as one unit in the layoffs.

Comment

Would you trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning?

I think Alex Smith belongs in the all time QB busts with Joey Harrington, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russel, David Carr and Ryan Leaf.

Comment

Come on guys. We were lucky when they called Boothe for holding and you know it..

To be a great team, like the Giants, you have to score more point through skill to offset any unlucky situations. Lesser teams like SF and NE failed to do that. Giants are clutch, the true mark of a Championship team.

I like how idiots like Look@TheFilm says there were 2 muffs by Kyle W when there was only one. 1st one, are skill and alertness recovered the muff and the 2nd we skillfully stripped it. You know, things that SF brags about until it happens to them.

NE says we fumbled 3 times and if they didn't have 12 men on the field they would have recovered one.That's just stupid because without the extra man on the field we don't fumble and/or it's not recovered by NE. Stats show only 2 fumbles. We alertly, through practice, recovered the only 2 fumbles.

Bunch of jerks s'all

Comment

[quote user="bflo23"]Would you trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning?

I think Alex Smith belongs in the all time QB busts with Joey Harrington, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russel, David Carr and Ryan Leaf.

[/quote]

you know your a bust when 3000 yards and 17 touchdowns is your best season by far, lmfao.

Comment

Some of this so called "luck" is poor execution and fundamentals by the opposition, which has nothing to do with luck.

I mean, the Giants beat the 15-1 defending Super Bowl Champions, and yes, they dropped a lot of passes, but is that a team that really deserves to win? Furthermore, the Giants got screwed on several costly penalties and still won the game rather easily.

As for the Patriots, sure, Welker dropped what would've put the game away, but earlier on we got screwed on a phantom holding call that negated a big first down that would've given us momentum and put us in scoring range where we likely would've extended our early lead. Wilfork even tells the refs that it's "a bad call" when asked about it by the refs in the Sound FX program on NFL Network.

Comment

It depends on how you use it.. There isn't a championship team in the history of sports that didnt get "lucky" and have some things go their way. This run wasn't a fluke. Don't misconstrue the two, thats usually what people mean when they say we got "lucky" Our playoffs started in December. 2 weeks before everyone else's did. We ripped off 6 wins in a row after looking about as bad as anyone could look against the lowly washington redskins. Let people say whatever they want, At the end of the day it dont mean a thing unless you got the ring.. Guess who has the ring?

Comment

LUCK IS WHERE OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION.....period. There no mystical elements to it.....it's being in the right place because you are supposed to be there.....it's recovering a loose ball on the first try.....it's completing a 3rd and 15 for a TD in San Fran despite a bogus hold call......the opprotunity was there and their preparation allowed them to seize it where others failed......so yes the GIANTS were damn well prepared......damn well opportunistic.....and because of both damn lucky......

Comment

All that matters is we have the trophy!

Comment

"Lucky" is not being caught for blatant cheating until AFTER you have won 3 SBs!
                            #GooberedAgainsigpic

Comment

[quote user="look@dafilm"]If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck...

It's probably Eli "aw shucks" Manning
                              [/quote]
                              These talking heads have been proven wrong so many times they have no choice to explain away their mistakes on on far they would go is to say they were lucky
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X