NO MORE FOOTBALL - COLD TURKEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO MORE FOOTBALL - COLD TURKEY

For the first time in weeks Giants not all over the newspaper, nothing mentioned on the news programs, no one talking football.
    Just long, cold winter just like that.

Re: NO MORE FOOTBALL - COLD TURKEY

[quote user="j***man"]For the first time in weeks Giants not all over the newspaper, nothing mentioned on the news programs, no one talking football.
    Just long, cold winter just like that.[/quote] it sucks....

Comment

I hate this new Probowl setup. Need to see our guys out there livin the dream again

maybe forget the game and just do skills contests...just one of the downsides to playing in the Superbowl I guess

HAHA WOOOOOOO

Comment

Shorter wait for the draft than usual though.

Comment

Agreed...

Comment

we'll be back to the We Won Inspite of Gilbride threads in no time

Comment

I would not be so sure. NFL Network is going crazy with the Eli stuff... so they are filling their time by debating the irrelevant HOF question. Plus, the combine is also on in a couple of weeks, so people are already youtube scouting to participate in those irrelevant debates. It's only over if one wants it to be over.

I know that at my household, we have shifted into NBA mode, awaiting MLB season.

Comment

OMG!!!! I am sooooo bored!! I already miss my pre-game rituals, the non-stop trolls to fill my day, and getting the week long jitters that accompany that next fix of Giants football. What am I gonna do now? I need counselling!
                "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

[quote user="j***man"]For the first time in weeks Giants not all over the newspaper, nothing mentioned on the news programs, no one talking football.
                  Just long, cold winter just like that.[/quote]
                  Horrible
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

you guys are getting too worked up

I see its your first ring on here, well I got two, it will all be okay guys, enjoy the win

Comment

well, we can milk the Super Bowl Championship talk thru Feb., then March will be some down time, but the Rangers and Devils are doing well and what's with this Jeremy Linn kid for the Knicks

then April is draft month, yes not until the 26th, but you'll have some pre-draft fun

great thing is anytime, anything football is talked about until September ... there will be some Giants angle to it

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]you guys are getting too worked up

I see its your first ring on here, well I got two, it will all be okay guys, enjoy the win
                        [/quote]This sir is my 4th ring. I started watching the NY Giants back in 84 when my uncle turned me onto them. I was 12 at the time and played football. My father wasnt into sports but my uncle was die-hard Gmen fan...and I have been ever since. Football runs through my veins as I have also coached 10 seasons of pee-wee and Pop Warner. It is actually a worse feeling than when I take down the Christmas Lights LOL. Football is definetly an addiction with no way to get rid of the withdrawl. It just helps that we ended this year on a HIGH!
                        "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

tell me about it....

seems like the the coverage completely stopped...

I dislike baseball with a passion.. i will never get into that sport.

I have been trying to get "back" into the NBA (Knicks) again, I was a huge NBA fan back in highschool as a Knicks fan, epic games during the mid to late 90's with Jordan still around and Reggie Miller, and with the Knicks, Ewing, Starks, Charles Oakley etc.

But right now the NBA/Knichs are drawing me in

Comment

This is why I used to watch the Probowl. Before they moved it to the bi week before the Dance, it had a purpose. Yeah it's lousy, uninspired football, that bears little resemblance to the game we love, but it was the perfect way to wean off football following the biggest game of the year. It was like a nicotine patch, not the same thing as smoking, but it helped you quit without going cold turkey. Now there's nothing until training camp!

Comment

FA starts in almost 20 days!

Comment

Working...
                              X