A quick thought about Chase Blackburn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick thought about Chase Blackburn

Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS. In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception. What are the chances? Seriously.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: A quick thought about Chase Blackburn

Jack Stroud hasnt wore underwear since Sunday night

heart and soul guy, it makes Legends out of guys

Comment

It's just an amazing story to me.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

He deserves to fight for a spot on next years squad.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

He deserves to fight for a spot on next years squad.

[/quote]

One would think lol

Comment

old Chase photoshop - he's still badass

Comment

I heard on NFL Network that the pick he had in the Packers game was because he blew the coverage which tricked Rogers (?).

Either way he made a great play on the ball and having him on the field definitely seemed to eliminate a lot of confusion.

"Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

I say he deserves to be a backup linebacker assuming that Goff is coming back.

And Chase is like the perfect version of Jack Black.

Comment

His story this year is amazing. He helped solidify this defense. It is amazing that nobody picked him up before us. He was always a stud on special teams.

Comment

these kinda stories are great ... i remember several years back when were decimated by LB injuries and then he stepped in a did a great job only to unfortunately get injured himself

i hope he gets invited to a camp, whether it is ours or somewhere else and makes a roster ... he's a great example of a player that can't be measured by 40 yard times or vertical leap or by how much he can bench press, etc.

Comment

He's a gamer...doesn't have the eye-popping measurables except a motor and heart. Not truly a starter in this league, but ready to go at all times and will never hurt you. Guys like that are crucial to have around on a roster. Hopefully they'll find a roster spot to keep him, even if he goes back to being a special teamer/backup.
                      "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS.* In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception.* What are the chances?* Seriously.
                        [/quote]

Garanteed a special team spot by the GM & backup at LB. Book it.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS.* In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception.* What are the chances?* Seriously.
                          [/quote]

CB is our Rudy.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS. In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception. What are the chances? Seriously.
                            [/quote]

CB is our Rudy.[/quote]

Good analogy

Comment

I had a dream after the Packers game which featured Chase Blackburn on Americas game. That is now a genuine reality!

His story is just one of many that deserve to be told from this season. When he was signed things started to turn around and the defence slowly got more organised. Fewell simplifying it was just the final thing needed to make it Championship worthy again.

Comment

Working...
                              X