No announcement yet.

JPP during Woodhead TD (end of half TD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP during Woodhead TD (end of half TD)

Anyone else catch Fewell berating JPP on the sideline after the Woodhead TD for dropping into coverage? He was yelling at JPP saying "we got enough guys in coverage, don't need you to drop back." (not an exact quote but close enough)

After the play, Collinsworth made some comments about how JPP dropping into coverage hamstrung the pass rush. I figured that was the design of the defense, but apparently JPP screwed up.

I saw the exchange during the NFLN replay or the Inside the NFL game highlights last night (not sure which one now, watched both yesterday).

Brady had ages to throw the TD on that play. Perhaps if JPP rushes him, they settle for a field goal before the half.

Either way, we won! Once JPP can put it all together, watch out NFL!!
    ELI + TE = ELITE

Re: JPP during Woodhead TD (end of half TD)

[quote user="dsd28"]Anyone else catch Fewell berating JPP on the sideline after the Woodhead TD for dropping into coverage? He was yelling at JPP saying "we got enough guys in coverage, don't need you to drop back." (not an exact quote but close enough)

After the play, Collinsworth made some comments about how JPP dropping into coverage hamstrung the pass rush. I figured that was the design of the defense, but apparently JPP screwed up.

I saw the exchange during the NFLN replay or the Inside the NFL game highlights last night (not sure which one now, watched both yesterday).

Brady had ages to throw the TD on that play. Perhaps if JPP rushes him, they settle for a field goal before the half.

[/quote]

Linval getting hooked by the RG helped a lot on that play, too.

Comment

It is certainly possible. From the replay he was on one on one coverage at the line of scrimmage. if he would have kept pressuring he may have been able to push brady to his right and at least prevent him from sliding back to the left before his pass...definitely could have made a difference.

Comment

We had 2 pass rushers vs 5 o olinemen. Tuck dropped back too.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_2955m8aI

Just a terrible defensive play.

Comment

Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible!

Comment

[quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible![/quote]

I'm fine /w that. Nobody wants a super bowl to end with a penalty. Unless someone gets tackled, no penalty...and that goes for PI in the end zone too.

Comment

I still don't believe Fewell would actually say "more pass rush". I mean, come on, this is the guy that would drop all 11 guys into coverage if he could.

More blitzing packages next season please!

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible![/quote]

I'm fine /w that. Nobody wants a super bowl to end with a penalty. Unless someone gets tackled, no penalty...and that goes for PI in the end zone too.[/quote]

You wouldn't be "fine" with it if they caught the pass in the endzone and won the superbowl though. Holding is holding especially when it is as blatant as that. I understand you may let a little slip by to let them play but you shouldn't allow a change in the outcome of the game.

Comment

[quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible![/quote]

I'm fine /w that. Nobody wants a super bowl to end with a penalty. Unless someone gets tackled, no penalty...and that goes for PI in the end zone too.[/quote]

You wouldn't be "fine" with it if they caught the pass in the endzone and won the superbowl though. Holding is holding especially when it is as blatant as that. I understand you may let a little slip by to let them play but you shouldn't allow a change in the outcome of the game.[/quote]

yeah. and it wasn't a ticky tack hold. JPP ended up on the ground, guy grabbed his jersey after he was beat and rips him away from brady...

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="dsd28"]Anyone else catch Fewell berating JPP on the sideline after the Woodhead TD for dropping into coverage? He was yelling at JPP saying "we got enough guys in coverage, don't need you to drop back." (not an exact quote but close enough)

[/quote]

Linval getting hooked by the RG helped a lot on that play, too.

[/quote]

+1

Comment

JPP is probably our best defensive player, but there's two things I can't stand that he does:

1. If he doesn't beat the lineman on his first move, he often stops rushing and shadows the QB looking for a deflection. This works sometimes, but it seems to more often just give the QB all day to pick an open receiver.

2. He almost NEVER gets any rush lined up at DT, and I don't understand how the coaches don't see that. As big as he is, it seems that he does his best work when he's got at least a little room to accelerate untouched.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]JPP is probably our best defensive player, but there's two things I can't stand that he does:

*** 1.* If he doesn't beat the lineman on his first move, he often stops rushing and shadows the QB looking for a deflection.* This works sometimes, but it seems to more often just give the QB all day to pick an open receiver.

** 2.* He almost NEVER gets any rush lined up at DT, and I don't understand how the coaches don't see that.* As big as he is, it seems that he does his best work when he's got at least a little room to accelerate untouched.
                          [/quote]

That almost makes it sound like he'd be a better linebacker than a DE...

Oh, and don't forget, it DID pay off in the SB with those 2 deflected passes.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible![/quote]

You wouldn't be "fine" with it if they caught the pass in the endzone and won the superbowl though. Holding is holding especially when it is as blatant as that. I understand you may let a little slip by to let them play but you shouldn't allow a change in the outcome of the game.[/quote]

yeah. and it wasn't a ticky tack hold. JPP ended up on the ground, guy grabbed his jersey after he was beat and rips him away from brady...[/quote]

JPP was never on the ground

Comment

[quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Forget that did u see JPP get mauled on that Hail Mary pass. That holding was incredible![/quote]

It should have been a holding call... if the pass is incomplete you just decline it

Comment

Working...
                              X