Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I'm not necessarily saying blitz. The front four can make the play IF they do their jobs, while most teams in the league need to blitz to do that. The problem is, you get teams like the pats keeping extra guys up to block. Once you see that, *then* you need to blitz, as there will be fewer eligible receivers to cover.[/quote]

And how did Patriots offense do against the Giant defense? A 32 point team only scored 17 points....

You wish you had PF on your team.

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

dude, you mis-read my post.

Smith he lit up the saints defense, with its super agressive DC.

Our DC, who guys say isn't aggressive enough, was awesome against the 49ers.

i was saying OTHER fans don't like Fewell's scheme, but his results are great so i don't understand all the hate.

[/quote]

Yeah, and the saints managed to torch the giants by double the score in 2011. The 14.6 point differential between home/away for them wouldn't have mattered. If it weren't for Eli stepping up, the difference would have been a lot worse.[/quote]

and Tebow lit up the Steelers D ... look at the injuries 1st, before deciding a coach can't coach

Comment

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

dude, you mis-read my post.

Smith he lit up the saints defense, with its super agressive DC.

Our DC, who guys say isn't aggressive enough, was awesome against the 49ers.

i was saying OTHER fans don't like Fewell's scheme, but his results are great so i don't understand all the hate.

[/quote]

My bad. I just don't understand the PF hate from what the Giants have shown in the past 6 games when they were healthier. Giants have the ability to get lots of pressure and drop back LBs and that is a huge advantage for Giants.
        [/quote]

I'm willing to give him he benefit of the doubt due to his performance in the SB, but i can't shake being outscored by a factor of two against the saints.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Worry about it next year!!!
          Go Giants!!!

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day. I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

why do youinsist that Spagnulo is a DC "god".He had ONLY TWO realgood years as a DC also his ONLY two years as a DC. That makes him a "god???? Please I like Spagnulo but he has as many rings as Fewell does at the moment. I never understood the utter jock gobbling for Spagnulo that many have. Not taking anything away from him but I see him as a real good DC....thats it.

You are already crying about next season and having the team beat.....ease up man...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Does it make me a bad person to *want* to see other teams' QB's eating dirt all the time? That's the way you make a team fear you. I feel that the "bradying" pic gets diminished by the fact that it was an incompletion, not a sack, that produced the pose.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I don't care how good the Saints look to be - they still don't hold up in inclement weather. They better hope that if they make the playoffs that they secure HFA throughout, because for them to come here or schlep to GB will not bode well for them. They just don't appear to adapt well outside 'da DOME

And not for nothing, but if our D can put Mr. Stat Machine on his back then we can OWN that number they have on ous

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Does it make me a bad person to *want* to see other teams' QB's eating dirt all the time? That's the way you make a team fear you. I feel that the "bradying" pic gets diminished by the fact that it was an incompletion, not a sack, that produced the pose.[/quote]

actually it was an interception. interceptions are just as good as sacks, and much of the time they are better. just sayin.

Comment

Saints are going to have a tough Free agency to deal with. Yes they have some cap room to work with coming into it but they have a huge contract to dish out to Drew Brees. They also have big key names like Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Carl Nicks, Tracy Porter on top of Brees to try and retain. Plus Spags will likely want to bring in a few guys to help run his defensive scheme. They wont be able to do it all. It will be interesting to see what changes this team makes.

Comment

Even if they beat us in the regular season, we'll just break their hearts in the playoffs like we do to everyone else.

Comment

Maybe your team should learn how to beat the 49ers, because we did. The aints didn't finish. Brees won't have **** but field turf in his mouth ALL day at the Meadowlands. Once he loses Nicks and Coleston they will be easier to dissect. Eli has seen any and ever defense at this point so bring it on!!

Let us enjoy this championship. The bandwagon is too full nor do we need some troll trying to convince us that run was anything short of brilliant. GTFOH with this BS!!
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Does it make me a bad person to *want* to see other teams' QB's eating dirt all the time? That's the way you make a team fear you. I feel that the "bradying" pic gets diminished by the fact that it was an incompletion, not a sack, that produced the pose.[/quote]

It really doesn't matter how many times a QB is sacked. What matters is that his game is disrupted.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Haven't we only lost to the Saints the last two times? 2009 in NO and 2011 in NO? It's not like it was verse the Eagles where it's some like 7 game losing streak or anything. Let's pump the breaks.

Comment

what we know about Spags: with excellent personnel w/the Giants, he eventually put together a SB calibre D. with not great personnel w/the Rams, his D sucked. NO's personnel is more Rams than '07 Giants. the DC can't pressure the QB with just the front 4 - only the players can do that by beating their man (or men).
                              Also, some respect for Fewell - the team just won 4 straight playoff games, including games against 2 of the top 3 Os, and gave up an average of 14pts. In today's pro-offense NFL, how much better can it get?

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day. I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

why do you*insist that Spagnulo is a DC "god".*He *had ONLY TWO real*good years as a DC also his ONLY two years as a DC. That makes him a "god???? Please I like Spagnulo but he has as many rings as Fewell does at the moment. I never understood the utter jock gobbling for Spagnulo that many have. Not taking anything away from him but I see him as a real good DC....thats it.

You are already crying about next season and having the team beat.....ease up man...

[/quote]

I couldn’t agree with you more about Spags. Our defense in 2007 was not nearly as good as people want to claim it is. They just showed up in the big game and lets face it folks, when we play NE they bring out the best game in us.

I actually think the Saints were better off with Greg Williams as their DC than they are with Spags.

We play the Saints in our house this time. I hope it is a December night game and oh so cold for them. They are a different team out of a dome.

Comment

Working...
                                X