Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day.

I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Re: How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

???? I'll take the SB win and worry about that next year

Comment

They've had our number for awhile now.

I'm making a bold prediction and saying we'll beat them.

#Worrying about it next year

Comment

Why don't we show some respect for the job that PF did this year? Consider all the injuries they had to deal with. There is still a draft and FA to deal with. What if Reese gets help on the OL? What if they land a good TE to go with all their offensive weapons that they already have?

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day.

I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

No offense meant, but I just want to make sure you know that if you win the Powerball, they are going to take taxes out of it.

JK []

Comment

The Saints are just one of those teams that has our number and we don't match up well with them.

Sort of like how New England feels.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

The Saints need to worry about the Falcons,Bucs and Panthers they will all get better,playing at Metlife will be tough for Drew Brees in Jan!

Comment

With Spag's D, we needed overtime with a FG to beat the Packers. With PF we jacked em good. Like that insurance commercial...We're in good hands

Comment

At least next year Giants will play them at home instead of in the Dome, where they are a completely different team. Hopefully the game will be in December when its cold outside

Comment

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day.

I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

No offense meant, but I just want to make sure you know that if you win the Powerball, they are going to take taxes out of it.

JK []
                    [/quote] lmao

Comment

man, we really dropped the ball ... we made the same mistake in 2008 ... we gotta stop winning these Super Bowls ... we could have been in the bidding for a coach with a 10-38 record when fully in charge of a team and a defensive unit ... instead we have all this canyon of heros stuff going on !!!

all kiddin aside, the Saints are coming to our house this year ... they are a far, far different team when they are forced to step outside their crazy loud dome ... ala the Falcons

listen, Spags has a very well deserved place in Giants history, but Fewell has now earned his place and most of all ... it's those players ... i didn't hear once that Brady was worried about our coaches ... he was clearly worried about our players

Comment

When we won our first SB with Coughlin, the haters said we won in spite of him because we had Spags, and we should have found some way to ditch Coughlin and keep Spags.

Spags has since been fired from his HC job, and their defense wasn't what i would call anymore than the sum of their parts.

We've now won our 2nd SB with a different DC.

I'm feeling better and better about facing the Saints.

Bring them, and Spags, on anytime. i'm so ready !!!!!

sigpic

Comment

We lose to the Saints every year not because of their defense but because of our defense and not being able to get to Brees. Every time we play them Brees is able to step up in the pocket and wait for one of his receivers to get open and he has all day to do it. Thats why we don't beat the Saints, its not because of thier defense so don't worry about Spags, if he was really that great the Rams defense would have been a lot better, I know he was the HC but he still would have made their defense better just by being there if he could...

Comment

Get them out of the dome. That's the solution for every NFL team while the Saints want their game in the dome.

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"]We lose to the Saints every year not because of their defense but because of our defense and not being able to get to Brees. Every time we play them Brees is able to step up in the pocket and wait for one of his receivers to get open and he has all day to do it. Thats why we don't beat the Saints, its not because of thier defense so don't worry about Spags, if he was really that great the Rams defense would have been a lot better, I know he was the HC but he still would have made their defense better just by being there if he could...[/quote]

+1

The 'legend' of Spags is allowing people to completely ignore how bad the Rams defense was.

When Fewell was HC of the Bills, that defense was near the top of the league in takeways and hadphenominal pass defense stats.

He's come here and, when he has average health of roster, has shown his defense can more than stand up to the leagues best offenses, it can outright beat them down.

Spags has had 2 good years with the Giants, and 2 bad years with the Rams.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any change in the Saints defense.

if there isn't, we may be talking about a one hit wonder DC.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X