Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day.

I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...

• n420p69
    replied
    Re: How are the giants supposed to beat the Saints now?

As good as the Saints are, and they are definitely going to be there again next year, we are the champions. They need to worry about beating us.

Leave a comment:

• Breezely
    replied

Spags don't scare me! Now, if Spags had JPP,

Tuck, Kiwi, Boley etc. etc. . . . . .I would be

worried.

Leave a comment:

• since55
    replied

LOL. But he has to share the credit with Brady, Welker and Hernandez. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• miken609
    replied

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]The Saints are just one of those teams that has our number and we don't match up well with them.

Sort of like how New England feels.
    [/quote]
    +1
    [/quote]

No team in the NFL has our number. What is a 2 game win streak over the past 3 seasons? zilch

Leave a comment:

• BK07071
    replied

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day.

I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

When Spags was with us he had the talent to do alot. He had four defensive ends that could start for any team in the NFL. That's why his defensive schemes worked and worked well. He doesn't have that with the Saints. Oh there's talent there alright, but not the talent he had with the Giants. He tried to make Kawanuka another LT because LT was a defensive end in college and so was Kawanuka. There is one difference.....LT was very fast and quick off the ball and he always went after the ball no matter who had it. LT even admitted that all he would do is go after anyone that had the ball. He was actually a defensive end and linebacker. Parcells used his speed and talent to make him a proto type linebacker. Spags was trying the same with Kawanuka. But Kawanuka didn't have the speed that LT had, he was still good and Spags used him in conjuction with Tuck, Osi, Tollefson and Canty. he produced a fearsome defensive line that was the envy of the NFL.
    Spags doesn't have the same going for him with the Saints......;.so let's not elevate the Saints as the next Super Bowl winner just because Spags is now their defensive coordinator. Besides, do you think the Giants are just going to sit on their laurels and not improve their game???? There's certainly alot more potential with the Giants than with the Saints.

Leave a comment:

• TroyArcher
    replied

Carpe Diem

Leave a comment:

• buffyblue
    replied

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

You guys are making more of a big deal out of this than it is. Williams is an heck of a DC, it's not like they're getting some huge coaching upgrade there.

And to be frank, I doubt the Saints defense looks much different this year than last year. They simply don't have alot of top end talent on their defense, not suprising since they invest so much in their offense. Williams knew that the D was never going to be able to consistently stop other teams, so he built it around creating turnovers knowing that opposing offenses would take risks trying to keep up with the saints O.

You call talk about how much Spags blitzed so much, meanwhile Williams blized more than any other DC in the league.

[/quote]

They are actually getting a downgrade at DC by losing Greg Williams and replacing him with Steve Spagnalo.

Leave a comment:

• GmenFan1980
    replied

This is a little crazy, but how about we score more points then they do?

I'm sure if we do that we will win the game

Smart *** answer I know

Leave a comment:

• Axels15
    replied

First off... wow on this thread

Second... They play here next year. Bring it.

Leave a comment:

• nhpgiantsfan
    replied

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day. I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

Defensive God?? Wow! That's a little much!

Leave a comment:

• nygsb42champs
    replied

A 4th title or Spags? No offense to Spags but I will take title #4 anyday.

Leave a comment:

• TrueBlue@NYC
    replied

You guys are making more of a big deal out of this than it is. Williams is an heck of a DC, it's not like they're getting some huge coaching upgrade there.

And to be frank, I doubt the Saints defense looks much different this year than last year. They simply don't have alot of top end talent on their defense, not suprising since they invest so much in their offense. Williams knew that the D was never going to be able to consistently stop other teams, so he built it around creating turnovers knowing that opposing offenses would take risks trying to keep up with the saints O.

You call talk about how much Spags blitzed so much, meanwhile Williams blized more than any other DC in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Bing Crosby
    replied

The first step is taking Carl Nicks from them. Hey a guy can dream can't he?

Leave a comment:

• FBomb
    replied

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is the one big downside to going deep in the playoffs in 2011. Now the saints have signed Spags. If we had missed the playoffs we could have jettisoned Fewell once and for all and welcomed a defensive god back into our fold. Now he's going to shore up the defensive side of the Saints game, and even playing in the meadowlands they're going to be a real tough team to beat. You've got Brees on one side of the ball, and Spags running the other side. With the aging oline the giants have, eli is going to get repeatedly sacked all night. I know he can take it (especially considering how he toughed it out against the 9ers), but it's going to stifle production all night, while Brees is going to have a field day. I still wouldn't trade the ring we got to get him back though...[/quote]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X