If Eli restructures,Osi could return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Eli restructures,Osi could return

Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?

Re: If Eli restructures,Osi could return

The last guy who needs a pay cut is Eli.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

If Eli restructures it would be to keep Manningham or sign a TE. Tony Gonzalez anyone?

Comment

[quote user="pica01"]Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?[/quote]

he played hard, when he decided to play

some owuld say he milked his injury and had to be talked back into play for the end of the season...

Eli has restructured already last year. Asking him to do it two years in a row after winning a superbowl is abit much for me.

Osi is 50/50 on being here... i give only a shot in hell that Mario is a Giant
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

If Eli restructures it would be to keep Manningham or sign a TE. Tony Gonzalez anyone?

[/quote]

Gonzo already signed in ATL

and hell no...

We have proven that we don't need an overpaid TE. We've made some pretty average players look better than they were. Personally i'd prefer a more blocking TE to help with the run game.

And for whatever u want, it hsould be through the draft

Comment

One other thing.If we do have to trade Osi and want to maximize what we get for him I don't see a better fit then the Jets.I know,we probably would never trade him there,but a pure pass rusher is the Jets glaring need.Along with a deep threat at WR.And maybe a bust at QB.Boy,sucks to be them,huh?Maybe the Jets go after Peyton and give us a 2nd rounder for Osi.Just spitballing.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="pica01"]Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?[/quote]

some owuld say he milked his injury and had to be talked back into play for the end of the season...

Eli has restructured already last year. Asking him to do it two years in a row after winning a superbowl is abit much for me.

[/quote]

Do you have proof of this...I think he was hurt and came back when he was ready...Osi wanted to get paid and he deserves to be paid!

ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

I don't think Eli restructured.I think he just signed a new deal.As far as Tony G,he's said that when he left KC his 1st choice was the Giants and I think we blew it.That ship has sailed.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

and hell no...

We have proven that we don't need an overpaid TE. We've made some pretty average players look better than they were. Personally i'd prefer a more blocking TE to help with the run game.

[/quote]

Gonzo is dying to play with the Giants, and im sur ehe would do it for the vet min to at least win a damned playoff game once in his career! lol. Package him up with Pascoe and another TE from the draft. Ballard and Beckum are done IMO.

Comment

[quote user="pica01"]One other thing.If we do have to trade Osi and want to maximize what we get for him I don't see a better fit then the Jets.I know,we probably would never trade him there,but a pure pass rusher is the Jets glaring need.Along with a deep threat at WR.And maybe a bust at QB.Boy,sucks to be them,huh?Maybe the Jets go after Peyton and give us a 2nd rounder for Osi.Just spitballing.[/quote]

who cares?

Plenty of teams would make a trade for Osi. If the Jets want to offer a first rounder - then give it to em

If they are offering a 2nd rounder, im sure there will be other suitors.

I don't think Osi would be good at the OLB spot in the 3-4

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

and hell no...

[/quote]

Gonzo is dying to play with the Giants, and im sur ehe would do it for the vet min to at least win a damned playoff game once in his career! lol. Package him up with Pascoe and another TE from the draft. Ballard and Beckum are done IMO.

[/quote]

why would they be done?

We wouldn't have the cap to pay 7 mil for him next year, nor would we need it

and just because Gonzo would want to play here, doesn't mean that Falcons would give him up for nothing. And if he wanted to play here so bad, why wouldn't he wait for free agency to sign here?

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]The last guy who needs a pay cut is Eli.[/quote]
                        +1

Comment

Osi wants top 5 DE money, unless he's lowered his standards on that one.

Plus he's a situational player at a spot where we're already loaded.

IMO there are much bigger needs -- such as the O-line. And then the impact on future caps -- and handling players like Tuck (plaid below value and keeping his mouth shut about it), JPP, Cruz, Nicks...

If Osi will lower his standards and make it easier for the Giants to keep him like Kiwi did, I'm all for it. Otherwise I don't see it.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="pica01"]Osi wanted a new deal and didn't get it.Yet,he played hard and we probably wouldn't had won it all without him.The giants can't expect Osi to play again next year without a new deal.And we probably don't have the cap space to give it to him.If Eli restructured next years money to a later year to Give Osi say 7 million next year and free agency the next,he could return and we could keep that pass rush for one more run.And the legend of Eli,ultimate team player would grow to legendary levels.Before you say Eli'de rather keep Manningham,that's much bigger money and I think Eli would rather bring Steve Smith back over Manningham anyway.If we have to trade Osi we'de be lucky to get a 3rd round pick.He's much more valuable to us than that.Just a thought.What do you guys think?[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you have proof of this...I think he was hurt and came back when he was ready...Osi wanted to get paid and he deserves to be paid!

[/quote]

well lets see - after crying for a new contract all off season, he magically returned after a surgery he had. So he needed a surgery AND thinks that it would of been a good way to start off a top 5 DE money contract (had he gotten it?).

He then has a high ankle sprain in which the very next day he put himself out for 4-6 weeks. Magically, he came back for playoff games looking fine - even though on XMas eve the talk was that he'd need more weeks to get healthy. For an ankle sprain?

Whatever

Besdies that, why does he deserve the contract? As far as i'm concerned he didn't EARN the last one! He got a front loaded deal, missed a season and a half while being IR'd twice, and benched by the end of 09

Im sorry, but he didn't live up to the first deal he got, he shouldn't be paid the way he wants. Extend him fairly? I'm all for it, but lets remember the WHOLE story about injuries, benchings, front loaded contracts, and the fact that he can't sustain playing the run for the WHOLE season. Hes great at what he does, but hes great at being one dimensional

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Osi wants top 5 DE money, unless he's lowered his standards on that one.

Plus he's a situational player at a spot where we're already loaded.

IMO there are much bigger needs -- such as the O-line. And then the impact on future caps -- and handling players like Tuck (plaid below value and keeping his mouth shut about it), JPP, Cruz, Nicks...

If Osi will lower his standards and make it easier for the Giants to keep him like Kiwi did, I'm all for it. Otherwise I don't see it.

[/quote]

I concur

great meeting u the other day

Comment

Working...
                              X