resigning manningham is a must

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resigning manningham is a must

we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

now i know we have a great 1-2 wit nicks and cruz, but nicks always has an injury and may miss a few games in a season, and now ballard tore his alc and so we have ?? about TE going into next season. if 1 of our WR goes down we're screwed. manningham is a great #3 receiver and can start if any1 were to go down.

idk bout u guys but nothing barden or jenigan has done for me to think they will do anything next year.

Re: resigning manningham is a must

[quote user="nygfan0816"]we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

now i know we have a great 1-2 wit nicks and cruz, but nicks always has an injury and may miss a few games in a season, and now ballard tore his alc and so we have ?? about TE going into next season. if 1 of our WR goes down we're screwed. manningham is a great #3 receiver and can start if any1 were to go down.

idk bout u guys but nothing barden or jenigan has done for me to think they will do anything next year.[/quote]

I agree about Barden but Jernigan is a rookie and we need to see what he has to offer.

Manningham is not a must have, he's a nice to have.

Comment

No it's not. Not at the expense of other positions which are far more deficient.

Comment

hed be nice to keep, but he will get more money somewhere else and i cant see manningham lowering his price range to resign with us

Comment

[quote user="perez201"]hed be nice to keep, but he will get more money somewhere else and i cant see manningham lowering his price range to resign with us[/quote]

i thought about that but wit all the WR in free agency i think manningham may fall to us at a cheaper price

Comment

[quote user="nygfan0816"][quote user="perez201"]hed be nice to keep, but he will get more money somewhere else and i cant see manningham lowering his price range to resign with us[/quote]

i thought about that but wit all the WR in free agency i think manningham may fall to us at a cheaper price[/quote]

Until some roster moves are made by FO, he can accept pennies and it still wouldn't be adequate.

Comment

[quote user="nygfan0816"]we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

idk bout u guys but nothing barden or jenigan has done for me to think they will do anything next year.[/quote]

You forgot half of your argument:

What starter(s) do we let go in order to pay for Manningham?

Comment

I never heard of a player resigning. Plenty have re-signed. []
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

It would be awesome but I have a feeling someone(Browns?) are going to throw him a ton of money out of our range for a 3rd receiver.

Comment

I'm fully confident that not re-signing Mario will come back to bite the team next season.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]I never heard of a player resigning. Plenty have re-signed. [][/quote]

Didn't we have a tight end resign in training camp this year?

What a dope.

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="nygfan0816"]we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

I agree about Barden but Jernigan is a rookie and we need to see what he has to offer.

[/quote] manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt that

Comment

Extensions for Nicks and Cruz > Resigning MM

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="nygfan0816"]we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

[/quote] manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt that[/quote]No one is denying that but theres a salary cap.U cant keep him no matter what the cost.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="nygfan0816"]we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

[/quote] manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt that[/quote]No one is denying that but theres a salary cap.U cant keep him no matter what the cost.[/quote] goff & Thomas are going to get similar deals that kiwi got......
                              And there'll be dead $$ weight cut just like every other year....

Comment

Working...
                              X