Can Jerry Reese PLEASE...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Jerry Reese PLEASE...

Draft us a offensive Lineman in the first round?

Is it so much to ask to draft a big offensive lineman or a LBer in the
    draft. Were always screaming for one every year but we manage to squeek
    bye with what we have. I feel like some of our key players (or
    important players, manning tuck jpp) could prob put their legs up and
    lean back and watch the play connect without doing so much.

Were always drafting a 3Rd or a 4Th round lineman or lber and say our giant motto "one of them needs to step up).

Cmon Reese. Your doing great but for godsakes.... get something we NEED for once in the first round.

Luckly our LBers did pretty good imo for there first year. We know Boley good, Kiwi getting back to form (looked great against the run). Williams I liked ALOT due to his speed and athleticism. Hes agressive. MLB is a issue all over again. With Goff coming back from the IR (if he resigns, and I know Blackburn was probably our savior towards the end last year but will he cut it? No. So what should we do there?

So with the Lbers being said, its not really a "major" issue I guess. Its our offensive lineman.

Too many times I saw our RB's not able to find a whole. They just get STUFFED in the backfield. No matter who it was it didnt matter. Just stuffed. Pass protection was average at best I suppose. I dont know the stats but it seemed like Eli got sacked to many times this year. Could be wrong? But our offensive line is getting old and too slow. I know Diehl did alright near the end and I know he been here for about a decade but we need to move on. Constantly seeing him getting bullrushed right up to Manning and the play is dead before it even started.

We seriously need to start focusing on the offensive line. I believe, no i TRULY believe we got away with too many mistakes with due to our strong key TALENTED players that we have.

Start drafting lineman Mr. Reese. Then do whatever else you want to do.

Thoughts?

Re: Can Jerry Reese PLEASE...

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]Draft us a offensive Lineman in the first round?

Is it so much to ask to draft a big offensive lineman or a LBer in the
    draft. Were always screaming for one every year but we manage to squeek
    bye with what we have. I feel like some of our key players (or
    important players, manning tuck jpp) could prob put their legs up and
    lean back and watch the play connect without doing so much.

Were always drafting a 3Rd or a 4Th round lineman or lber and say our giant motto "one of them needs to step up).

Cmon Reese. Your doing great but for godsakes.... get something we NEED for once in the first round.

Luckly our LBers did pretty good imo for there first year.* We know Boley good, Kiwi getting back to form (looked great against the run).* Williams I liked ALOT due to his speed and athleticism.* Hes agressive.* MLB is a issue all over again.* With Goff coming back from the IR (if he resigns, and I know Blackburn was probably our savior towards the end last year but will he cut it?* No.* So what should we do there?

So with the Lbers being said, its not really a "major" issue I guess.* Its our offensive lineman.

Too many times I saw our RB's not able to find a whole.* They just get STUFFED in the backfield.* No matter who it was it didnt matter.* Just stuffed.* Pass protection was average at best I suppose.* I dont know the stats but it seemed like Eli got sacked to many times this year.* Could be wrong?* But our offensive line is getting old and too slow.* I know Diehl did alright near the end and I know he been here for about a decade but we need to move on.* Constantly seeing him getting bullrushed right up to Manning and the play is dead before it even started. *

We seriously need to start focusing on the offensive line.* I believe, no i TRULY believe we got away with too many mistakes with due to our strong key TALENTED players that we have.

Start drafting lineman Mr. Reese.* Then do whatever else you want to do.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

agreed def wouldnt mind an Olinemen but JR has a plan and who knows what will be there at 32..i trust whatever he decides to do.

Comment

Only if there's one at 32 that's worth the value. I don't want to see Reese reach for one just because he feels we need one badly.

Comment

early in the draft its about taking talent not a position.

Comment

He will draft BPA.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]He will draft BPA.[/quote]

and we'll love him for it.

and every projected draft board will have us choosing a position of need.
            sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="buddy33"]He will draft BPA.[/quote]

and every projected draft board will have us choosing a position of need.[/quote]

They knew they needed an OL last year. They where set to draft one I believe until Prince slipped in the draft.

Comment

i love o-linemen cuz they make most things on offense work!

Reese probably wont draft an o-lineman that high! i think he'll go for another d-end cuz Osi may not be back. or best player available!

sigpic

Comment

Jerry will draft the best player available

Comment

My thoughts? ALWAYS take best player available in the 1st. Even if it seems like an area where we have depth like DE because injuries happen and you want to make sure that you're getting talent for that 1st-round money. Otherwise you end up with the Cedric Jones's and other 1st round busts of yesteryear.

I don't think that the FO likes to spend the 1st on o-lineman and LB, but rather more on the skill positions like DE, WR, and the secondary.

I don't know what rounds McKenzie and Baas were drafted by their original teams, but Snee was a second rounder, Diehl was a 5th rounder, I don't THINK O'Hara and Seubert had been high picks, Petrus was a 5th rounder, Beatty was a 2nd rounder, and I think Boothe was somewhere around the 4th.

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="buddy33"]He will draft BPA.[/quote]

and every projected draft board will have us choosing a position of need.[/quote]
                      +1. EXACTLY. Our 1st round picks have been very good for a long time now. The last bust was probably Ron Dayne.

Comment

In defense of the linemen, yeah they get beat from time to time but you also have to look at the talent on the other side of the ball.

I would also have to add that the defenses are not exactly blowing up the plays. Very rare to see one of our running backs gets blown up in the backfield. On a lot of occasions I have seen our backs not hit the hole but cutback to try to bounce the outside.

I always like when they draft linemen and I feel they have been getting quality linemen on their terms and they have been patient to get their guy.

Comment

+1

Wiki JPP
                          "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

Its clear Reese needs our advice more then anything - while guys have clamored for picks every year and reese has taken BPA it just isnt working - damn these superbowl trophies.

Comment

This^
                              Emperor Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X