No announcement yet.

MESSAGE TO MARIO MANNINGHAM...LEAVE THE GIANTS AND YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CAREER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MESSAGE TO MARIO MANNINGHAM...LEAVE THE GIANTS AND YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CAREER

Mario Manningham will make a big mistake if he leaves the Giants for more money. IMO he needs to resign with the Giants. They will be fair with him as long he is reasonable. Here are my reasons why his career will falter if he leaves.

1. He is not a #1 Reciever and he will never become one with another team.

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.

4. Finally take a look athow sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.

Re: MESSAGE TO MARIO MANNINGHAM...LEAVE THE GIANTS AND YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CAREER

[quote user="NYGiantsFan56"]

Mario Manningham will make a big mistake if he leaves the Giants for more money. IMO he needs to resign with the Giants. They will be fair with him as long he is reasonable. Here are my reasons why his career will falter if he leaves.

1. He is not a #1 Reciever and he will never become one with another team.

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a* 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.*

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)*because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.**

4. Finally take a look at*how sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.

[/quote]1. Of course he's not a #1 receiver but he can be a VERY GOOD #2 on another team and would see more action.

2. MM actually posted better numbers before Cruz came along. As long as Nicks and Cruz are above him, he won't see as many targets on this team unlike if he went somewhere else.

3. MM's weakness really is mental mistakes and not being on the same page with Eli. As most people know, he's not exactly the smartest guy and I'm sure trying to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL had to be hard for him. He would probably do better in a more simple system.

4. Sick about the championships? Sure. Sick about the deals they got? Absolutely not. Steve Smith robbed the Eagles blind. It's simply going to come down to whether MM wants better stats and more personal recognition or a better chance at championships.

Comment

Re: MESSAGE TO MARIO MANNINGHAM...LEAVE THE GIANTS AND YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CAREER

i think 99% of the nfl fans will be surprised when MM does NOT get hardly any offers let alone any big deal offers.

HE HAS NO CARTILAGE IN HIS KNEES. HE HAS BONE FRAGMENTS FLOATING AROUND IN HIS KNEE.

you think a teams going to offer a guy with shot knees 30 mil?? he missed time with us this season and had to play banged up with little practice time.

we may be able to get him for like a 3-4 year 10 mil contract. just my take on it. i am not expecting him to get the offers most here think he'll get.

edit- i think we'll compare other teams #3 wr contracts and make him the highest paid #3 wr just my take. that way it won't be much money at all but we can sell him on that premise

Comment

Someone will offer to pay him like a # 2 WR, which he is when healthy. And if I'm MM, I take the money. You never know how long your career, and NFL $alary, will continue.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]Someone will offer to pay him like a # 2 WR, which he is when healthy. And if I'm MM, I take the money. You never know how long your career, and NFL $alary, will continue.[/quote]

I would love to have him back but it would be great to see him get paid. There are a few systems he can do well in plus earn a nice Boss type deal. Cincy, MIA, Carolina, and Detroit all come to mind. All of them are team that have a #1 and well under the cap also.
          Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]HE HAS NO CARTILAGE IN HIS KNEES. HE HAS BONE FRAGMENTS FLOATING AROUND IN HIS KNEE.
            [/quote]

reference?

Comment

I think that since he has been with the Giants for some time, he should know the playbook. I also see that in 010, Mario had over 1,000 yards in limited time. That shows that he should know some of the playbook.

Comment

It's not about knowing the playbook. In a read and react strategy, it's about his application of it on the field.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]It's not about knowing the playbook. In a read and react strategy, it's about his application of it on the field.[/quote]It is about knowing the playbook and what it does. If any player knows the playbook and have it in his head, he can apply that to the field wich he does.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="giantsfan420"]HE HAS NO CARTILAGE IN HIS KNEES. HE HAS BONE FRAGMENTS FLOATING AROUND IN HIS KNEE.
                    [/quote]

reference?[/quote]

MM himself and tons of news articles during the season. Near the end of the season it got especially bad and it was questionable if MM would even be able to play. He took some time off and said it helped and he could play.

I want to say it was the week vs the Jets things were especially looking bleak. He definitely has issues with his knees, theirs a loss of cartilage and bone fragments in his knee that make it painful to run and stuff.

He was able to play through it, but do you think teams are going to be willing to bet the bank on him, especially when this FA WR class is real deep?

edit-in fact I'm positive this is a concern the Giants will key in on as well. I'd be shocked if we offered him a long term deal, I'd assume 3 years max...just a guess. But I have a hard time believing other teams will be willing to give him 4+ year contract, at least not a big guaranteed contract.

His knees were one of the main factors (besides Cruz play) that Cruz moved up on the depth chart.

Comment

He had his knee drained to remove the floating cartilage end of November, but never was it said that it was a career threatening injury.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]He had his knee drained to remove the floating cartilage end of November, but never was it said that it was a career threatening injury.[/quote]

i never said it was a career threatening injury. i'm saying that teams may be a bit reserved in offering him a huge contract when he has issues with his knees.

he missed time this season because of it, and had games he was questionable that he managed to play in without practicing for much of the week.

i don't know how he'd fix it, maybe drain it all the time, but he still missed games even with draining it.

just saying don't be shocked if the interest we're thinking he may get doesn't end up happening, especially with a deep FA WR class...that's my point, we may be able to re-sign him more than we think bc of this knee issue.

edit-and he missed games later than November too because of it. Missed the Jets game and was questionable for the Dallas finale.

Comment

i'd compare it to the bradshaw example last off season. most were "positive" bradshaw would get this huge contract and go to another team.

teams were hesitant because of his foot injury issue, and we were able to get him for relatively cheap considering his production...

Comment

I wonder how many NFL pro scouts notice that he does two things just like another Michigan Alum, Amami Toomer, did.

1) He catches the ball with his body. Balls always seem to bounce around off forearms and his chest.

2) Mario and Amani both do amazing jobs of dragging those feet on tough catches to stay inbounds.

Comment

Bucs fans are hoping MM will follow Sullivan to Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                              X