Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There IS Such a Thing as a Good Loss

And this was it.

We've beaten the best team in the AFC and we've played the best team in the NFC down to the last second.

Last night's game showed to the world that they can hang with anyone. Most importantly ... they showed it to themselves.

BRING ON THE JERRYCURLS!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: There IS Such a Thing as a Good Loss

I am not buying until the defense shows it can stop someone...anyone at this point.

Comment

They left it all out on the field, as a fan that is all that we want from our players.

The thing I am worried about is, can they match the intensity they had yesterday for the next 4 games?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

I'm a proud giants fan, even if we lost. Many of my friends who are Jets fans or any other fans who usually talk **** about the giants texted me and said "wow good game by the giants".

Aaron rodgers and the packers are just too good.

Let's take the momentum to Dallas next weekend, they will be scared

Comment

No such thing as a moral victory....why in Gods name did it take them 13 weeks to play with some emotion?

Comment

Let's see if this was a good loss in a week from now. I this was just a moral victory and they play flat like they did the 2 games before this is just another loss in the collapse of 2011.

Comment

I love, when the Giants eek out, or play badly but win, many posters say a "win is a win", but no matter how well or how badly you play and lose, "a loss is still a loss" in the standings and record books.

Comment

[quote user="Mr Excitement"]No such thing as a moral victory....why in Gods name did it take them 13 weeks to play with some emotion?
                [/quote]

I disagree. We had a moral victory in 2007 vs the Pats in Week 17. We lost that game too but showed ourselves that we can hang with the best of them. Same goes for the Green Bay game.

Also, it doesn't matter why it took til week 13 to play with emotion. The bottom line is, they played with emotion. And if they continue to play with the same passion for the rest of the season, they can definitely make the playoffs.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Let's see if this was a good loss in a week from now. I this was just a moral victory and they play flat like they did the 2 games before this is just another loss in the collapse of 2011.[/quote]

Yep I agree with that.

The point is that from this exact point in time, their destiny is in their hands and they've shown they can play with all of the big boys.

Going forward might be a different story but as of the end of last night's game, even though it was a loss ... I thought it was a good game for them.

Now we continue with your regularly scheduled collapse.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Mr Excitement"]No such thing as a moral victory....why in Gods name did it take them 13 weeks to play with some emotion?
                    [/quote]

Apparently you missed the Patriots game huh?

Comment

The defense is still the weakest link. They kept the Gmen in the games early in the season and all that time on the field has taken its toll in injuries and fatique. The scheme needs to be revisited, while the pass rush was fierce in the last GB drive, they did not get there and the secondary was left exposed. The young LBs that are in the game are good vs the run but not so vs the pass and it showed on that last GB drive. One other person needs to understand that turnovers kill you in close games. While it will be argued that the opponents did likewise, they scored 14 pts on the turnovers we scored 7 and in a 3 pt game, you got it, you lose!!!!! No more room for error, must win out to win division or its home for the playoffs. The fact that Philly and Washington have made their reservations in front of the flat screen is of no solace........Need 3 wins in a row and dismantle the cowturds in the last game and let the chips fall where they may......

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]And this was it.

We've beaten the best team in the AFC and we've played the best team in the NFC down to the last second.

Last night's game showed to the world that they can hang with anyone. Most importantly ... they showed it to themselves.

BRING ON THE JERRYCURLS![/quote]

Cowboys losing to the Cards is a good loss. Ours was not.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="Kruunch"]And this was it.

BRING ON THE JERRYCURLS![/quote]

Cowboys losing to the Cards is a good loss. Ours was not.[/quote]

Good loss for them or us, because if you seriously mean good loss for them, I just don't know what to say to you....

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Mr Excitement"]No such thing as a moral victory....why in Gods name did it take them 13 weeks to play with some emotion?
                            [/quote]

Apparently you missed the Patriots game huh?[/quote]

Oh my bad....the point is....if they played EVERY DAMN GAME with emotion, we wouldn't be in this situation now of moral victories and having to win 3 out of 4...

Comment

[quote user="Mr Excitement"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Mr Excitement"]No such thing as a moral victory....why in Gods name did it take them 13 weeks to play with some emotion?
                              [/quote]

Apparently you missed the Patriots game huh?[/quote]

Oh my bad....the point is....if they played EVERY DAMN GAME with emotion, we would be in this situation now of moral victories and having to win 3 out of 4...
                              [/quote]

Do you go to work every day with complete intensity?

Comment

Working...
                              X