Obviously ur 1st and 2nd rd picks are guys who should see the field more so then 3rd-7th rders, all though they sometimes see the feild early on as well, but mostly due to injurys.. In Wilsons case, were talking about a guy who was a 1st rder and had no one but a injury prone Ahmad Bradshaw in front of him and now he dosen't have him there right now, but he soured so much as Ahmads 1st backup, that Andre Brown probably became the starter in his absence. Sure, it won't take much for Wilson's to get that gig back, as he could go off against carolina and Brown could quickly go back behind him on the depth chart, but as of now, hes been a dissapointment..
I don't really know how this became about Rookies playing for us and what not???lol They play for us, maybe not always in week 1 or 2 or whatever, but every yr, we have Rookies play instrumental parts to our success.. The examples of guys that were 7th rd picks not getting playing time immedietly are what annoyed me more then anything.. I mean, come on...lol Of course 7th rd picks aren't playing immedietly.. Its impressive enough that they play at all during the yr.. Half the time teams will draft projects in the mid to late rds, so obviously there not playing unless emergency(injury or whatever).. The only good examples would be guys like nicks, s.smith, snee, and wilson.. There the only offensive rookies in recent yrs that i expect would be ont he field helping early on in there rookie campaigns.. I put Steve SMith there becusae we had a opening in the slot when we drafted him.. Steve Smith had 3catches in the Opening game of his rookie yr.. Then he got hurt in week 2, and as soon as he came back, he was huge for us, in the postseason.. Forget the fact he wasen't even a 1st rder..
All right, lets get back to talking about prospects for this yr.. U know ur my boy Santa Man! Were both adults and having fun discussions with guys like Redeye and yourself are what makes me love these boards so much.. Even if it seems heated(not that it does), trust me its not on my end..
Welp, Time for my Weekly Mock Draft.. Last wk i had us picking 28th after the loss to Dallas, and i'm gonna move us up one selection to PICK 29 for this weeks mock.. Obviously my mocks will change often as we learn more and more what this team may or may not be looking for come April...
1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- I know we need lineman, but our pass rush outside of JPP has been non existent so far.. OSI is probably gone after the season, and Reese is gonna make a major push to revamp our pass rush, as it is the NYG calling card and a huge reason we WON 2 SB's in the past 5yrs.. Okafor is coming off a 2sack game against Ole Miss and would look fantastic opposite JPP for yrs to come...
2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- I don't love Oday Aboushi, and i'm not sure theres a T i love perdicted in that range as of yet.. Jonathan Cooper is a fantastic G prospect, and will probably be off the board by now.. Either way Cooper is a great pick for the GIANTS and adds talented young G to the line..
3. Matt Elam S Florida- I love this kid and hes putting together a fine season for FLA so far.. With KP's impending FA'cy after the season, we could be lookin at a S in the first 3rd's...
4. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- A LT prospect, who is quick and agile and athletic... Hes got a ton of expierence at LT as he started there for 3straight seasons for Kansas.. His stock fell a bit after last yr, but hes well worth the pick in RD 4, and was getting quite a few rave reviews in the Jayhawks latest game against TCU, which i was watching..
5. Prentiss Waggner S/CB Tennesee- Versatile player, who could stand to add a few lb's, but has the expierence at both CB and saftey.. I could see us add a couple pieces to our secondary this offseason..
Even Hakeem Nicks, a guy drafted at a position of utmost need at the time, was slowly introduced to the offense. He got a couple wr screens early on but remained behind Steve Smith, Mario manningham, and Hixon on the depth chart until TC was ready to name him a starter later in the season. The same exact pattern he has used for all other rookies.
Bradshaw remained as a kickoff returner only, sitting behind Rueben Droughns on the RB depth chart until late in the season when TC felt more comfortable with Ahmads grasp.
Da'rel Scott remained a kickoff returner last year until November when he got 5 carries and was sent back to the bench after a couple fumbles.
I guess you can keep arguing that TC's doesnt have a pattern just like you can also argue that the Sun isnt coming up tomorrow.
I think Elam will be riser on some boards, I actually think he will go before the 3rd round. It is a good safety class.
Considering Bennett is only here for a year, I do think we have to consider some TEs(seems like I say this every year. )
Hawkinson fits Reese's pattern of going for good athletes at the LT position, like he did with Beatty. But also like Beatty this kid does have some beef to add to his frame before he can line up in the NFL. He also has experience at both Tackle positions, which always helps.
Part of me hopes we seriously address the interior line. They looked good this week, but we all got to see in the preseason how thin we are. If those backups start coming into the game, we might start seeing a sack-athon in our backfield.
I'm still waiting for u to answer why Coughlin had him 2nd on the depth chart? Why was he getting playing time in week 1? Why did he play in week 2? Dosent' that kinda contradict what ur saying right there? The guy was our number 2 RB coming into this season.. The best part is, thats the player in question, and hes the guy who coughlin had running plays in the first qter of our first game..lol Shoot, if he didn't fumble and drop passes and avg 2YPC, he'd be starting this week.. As it is, hes gonna be playing this week.. But wait, hes a rookie, so he can't play under coughlin???lol
Jayron Hosley can't play either, right? Or does coughlin just not play Offensive rookies? Again, he plays guys who are the best option.. Hes done it in the past, and hes gonna always do it..
I listed EVERYONE despite their ability. I did not discriminate AT ALL and ALL of them propose the body of evidence that COMEPLTELY refutes your statement.
YOU made an incorrect statement MOVE ON ALREADY. TC has a long established pattern of gradually introducing rookies to the lineup. Get over it...geez
Here is a link to Nicks 1st NFL TD in week 2 of 2009. Guess what play it was? that is right a WR screen Guess where he was on the depth chart? 4th
So again, what examples do you have? I am STILL waiting. I listed every single rookie. where is your list? If you cannot produce 1, I will assume this discussion over as you have no support to your claim and are just agruing for the sake of trying to get the last word and save face after making an incorrect statement.