I actually think Teo is a very good player, but I think his hype level is getting a bit scary. He has so much more talent around him making him look good.
Te'o is diffrent then most MLB's his size, becuase he can defend the pass.. A guy with that size who can get behind the line and defend the pass is rare.. He dosen't fall into the stero typical "if ur 250lbs and play ILB u gotta play ILB for 3/4 team".. Hes the exception to the rule, and take it from someone whos watched just about every play for ND this yr, hes completely the real deal, and i honestly don't think there undefeated without em...
I'm kinda hoping Kawaan Short is available when we pick.. The guys brilliant.. He blocks kicks, sacks qb's, gets RB's behind the line, strong at POA, has great size..etc If the GIANTS pick in the low 20's, which i hope they don't, but lets face it, losing to eagles and bengals could really hurt us, then i hope Kawaan Short is at least in consideration.. Linval and Short side by side would be unbelievable..
Also, people know how much i like Baccari Rambo, and i'd put his off field stuff aside, becauses hes a 1st rd talent, and if hes still available when we pick in RD 2, i'd take me.. He'd be a unbelievable replacement for KP..
Anyhow, heres this wk's mock.. I got us picking 22nd, as thats where i believe we'd pick if Draft was today..
1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- This guy does it all, as he blocks kicks(4), sacks the QB(6), gets behind the line for TFL(13)..Hes also got really good size, and has the nessecary explosion off the ball that would play nice next to a big run stuffer like LINVAL JOSEPH.. THey'd be a formidable duo, and Chris Canty may be released in offseason and Rocky Bernard is a FA, and Marvin Austin has shown nothing to this point in his career...
2. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- Tony Jefferson was lit up this past weekend by W.VA, which is nothing to slouch about, but still. Rambo's bulldogs have been even better defensivley since he returned, and the playmaker has made a big impact since returning, and it shows.. Hes got solid size, ball hawk ability, and great instincts.. With KP's career in NY possibly coming to a close, and me not being as sold on S.BROWN longterm, as i've said since hes started killing it for us, and Rolles big contract possibly leading to a Cap casualty, i think Rambo makes alot of sense.. Hes a 1st rd talent that has fell because off field issues, but his on field play and diffrence making is to hard to ignore, and i'd be happy to gamble on the kids talent in RD 2..
3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- Big athletic, redzone target, who has frame to add some weight and become better blocker.. Has been huge for UCLA in a resurgent season for the bruins, and is the last of the top TE's in this class, in my opinion, behind only Eifert and Ertz... Huge dropoff after Fauria..
4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Gotta chance to watch this kid this past wk, and was really impressed.. He moves well, and is a leader of a team that loves to run the football.. 4th rd steal in my opinion..
5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Big, Strong MLB, who is fiery leader of Iowa St club.. Sure tackler, who was BIG12 Co Defensive player of the yr last season.. A solid player..
6. Craig Roh DE Michigan- stock has fallen this yr, but is a strong physical player who could be a solid rotational DE, maybe our next Dave Tollefson type?
7. Matthew McGloin QB Penn St- The kids improved leaps and bounds, and if not for the Penn St Air attack to make them a complete offense, they don't have a resurgent season.. Hes smart with the football and can make most of the throws.. hes worth a shot in the 7th rd, and would be good competiton if we don't want to pay a mill for a backup...
It seems like Reese likes to get Onlinemen in free agency lately, and I would be fine with that. But until we do it, I cannot forgive another offseason of passing on Oline. You know last draft I said the 1 guy who I didnt think we could get, but as it turned out we could have, was Cordy Glenn. If we do not address this need this offseason, I think this team goes into rapid decline.