I doubt 23 is gonna effect a guys stock,no matter who it is.. Its not a big deal.. I'd draft Ansah 1st overall if i was giants GM and picking 1st overall.. Hes the highest upside player in this draft and the closest thing there is to possibly becoming Jason Pierre Paul..
I'm not worried about the Giants drafting a 24 year old rookie (wasn't even considering them as an option) but there's been talk of him going top 5....I'm wondering if those earlier teams (Lions, Browns, etc..) will be wary and thrown off by it by investing that high of a pick on him.
Mike Mayock top 100 rankings http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects
1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
4. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
5. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
6. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
7. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
8. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
9. Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
10. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
11. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
13. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
14. D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
15. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
16. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
17. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
18. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
19. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
20. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State .....
What's going on with the Carradine workout and why can't I get any updates?
Joe Reedy @joereedy
135 days post knee surgery, FSU defensive end Tank Carradine runs a 4.75 in the 40 during a workout for teamsQuote:
Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter Apr 20 - 2:48 PMQuote:
FSU DE Cornellius Carradine ran a 4.75 forty during a workout for NFL teams, just 135 days after undergoing knee surgery.As we have been saying, do not rule Carradine out of the top 15. Our own Josh Norris ranked Carradine as the second best defensive end in the class after Ezekiel Ansah. He needs some technical work, but Carradine is quick off the snap with strong hands and an aggressive mentality.