+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '12 Mock: Who do you choose from this list...

'12 Mock: Who do you choose from this list...

Here is a list of 9 players that 10 different sites mocked as our 1st round pick in the '12 draft. 4 of the sites picked Dwayne Allen as our 1st, while every other player had only 1 site pick them.

From this list ALONE, who would you pick and why?

Dwayne Allen - TE
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Dont'a Hightower - LB
    Luke Kuechly - LB
    Vontaze Burfict - LB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Zebrie Sanders - OT
    Cordy Glenn - G
    Andre Branch - DE

I think that our o-line will be better next year than people think, but I'd go with Cordy Glenn based on something that I read today on him (don't remember the site) saying that he was versatile enough to play T as well. If that's the case, then I'll take Glenn's versatility on the O-line (like a young Diehl).

IF Osi isn't back next year then I'd go with the DE, Branch, in order to keep our pass rush strong since that's what our D is designed to do.

Re: '12 Mock: Who do you choose from this list...

Dont'a Hightower. I don't really know much about any of these guys, but LB is the position I want to address the most and from what I've heard he's likely to be the best LB still left when we draft.

I've seen a lot of sites say Allen too. I really hope not. TE is a need but I don't think we need to draft a TE in the first round. I think if we sign a veteran FA and then draft TE in round 3-5 we'll be fine at that position. I'd rather draft a position that has a higher impact in the first round (Oline or any defensive position).

Veteran

if kuechly is there im down

but realistically fleener

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="JJC7301"]Here is a list of 9 players that 10 different sites mocked as our 1st round pick in the '12 draft. 4 of the sites picked Dwayne Allen as our 1st, while every other player had only 1 site pick them.

Dwayne Allen - TE
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Dont'a Hightower - LB
    Luke Kuechly - LB
    Vontaze Burfict - LB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Zebrie Sanders - OT
    Cordy Glenn - G
    Andre Branch - DE

I think that our o-line will be better next year than people think, but I'd go with Cordy Glenn based on something that I read today on him (don't remember the site) saying that he was versatile enough to play T as well. If that's the case, then I'll take Glenn's versatility on the O-line (like a young Diehl).

IF Osi isn't back next year then I'd go with the DE, Branch, in order to keep our pass rush strong since that's what our D is designed to do.[/quote]
    Best value at 32 out of that list ? Easy, hands down my boy Mike Adams. In the opinion of many draft experts he could be best suited to play at RT in the NFL and I tend to agree. He is a great athlete and versatile enough to stay put at LT or make the switch at RT. In that scenario ( not going to happen ) I will back flip ala JPP if that comes true. That been said he is coming off a knee injury and ( pray to God ) that could scare some teams away. He is practically a McKenzie clone, phisically wise. If he by some miracle is sitting there at 32 you can take it to the bank that Reese will draft him, as we all know Reese and Co love Big Ten OL and will jump all over him if he's available at the end of the 1st round.
    I only wish and will keep dreaming bro .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="JJC7301"]Here is a list of 9 players that 10 different sites mocked as our 1st round pick in the '12 draft. 4 of the sites picked Dwayne Allen as our 1st, while every other player had only 1 site pick them.

Dwayne Allen - TE
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Dont'a Hightower - LB
    Luke Kuechly - LB
    Vontaze Burfict - LB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Zebrie Sanders - OT
    Cordy Glenn - G
    Andre Branch - DE

IF Osi isn't back next year then I'd go with the DE, Branch, in order to keep our pass rush strong since that's what our D is designed to do.[/quote]a lot of good names on there. But if Kuechly is sitting there at 32, I say pull the trigger!

I would not be surprised if Burfict slipped into the 2nd rd, nor would I be shocked if Reese went with another pass rush DE in the 1st.

My gut tells me that either Fleener, Allen or Adams will be our choice in the 1st.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

This team needs a TE bad but if someone like Kuechly or Adams is still on the board, I'm not even considering Allen or Fleener anymore.

Even though the 4-3 MLB position is dying out, I think Kuechly could be good enough to be a 3 down LBer for us in the future. He's a great kid and NFL ready player but I don't see a ton of upside out of him like a Nicks or JPP.

Mike Adams is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to play either tackle spot which is good for us since neither LT or RT are guaranteed positions for us at this point. While I like Beatty, the kid has a thing for getting the most random injuries (unattached eye retina, wtf) and makes you wonder if he can be a franchise player. I think Brewer will be our future RT but we haven't seen a single thing from him. I see more upside out of Adams than Kuechly and I'd say Tackle is one of our weakest and most volatile postions at the moment.

So I'd probably go with Adams over Kuechly since his position is more valuable, better upside, and offers versatility as a RT/LT. Though Kuechly would be the safer pick in my mind as far as injuries and being a polished player.

Cordy Glenn is the most versatile player out of that bunch and could be the solution to getting our running game up the middle back on track but I feel you can find other versatile guards lower in the draft at better value like Kevin Zeitler. If we drafted him at #32, I wouldn't be upset though.

I like both TE's and while they are probably more around in the 35-40 range in value (imo), the Giants would be the best situation for either kid. Look at how good Jake Ballard did this year for us despite being slow. Imagine if we had a faster player with more upside along with Nicks, Cruz, and whoever our 3rd will be next year.

Now for the guys I don't want to see.

Hightower I feel would only be adequate on run plays for us and could be our achilles heel on passing downs if he was left in. Burfict looked lost this year and seemed to backpedal instead of go forward with his development. Not to mention he's a complete headcase. I think these two kids would be better suited on teams like the Steelers or Ravens.

Andre Branch is decent but I'd rather have someone like a Chandler Jones or a Cam Johnson. Whitney Mercilus is my favorite DE but I don't see him even getting past 20.

Sanders would be the worst option at 32. He's not even the best T on his team (that being Datko) and was getting abused badly at the Senior Bowl. That said, he does have potential but I don't think it's worth it in the 1st or even 2nd round. I feel like getting this kid would be like drafting a smaller James Brewer who needs time to work on his technique.

Kind of went on a rant there but some of those kids just don't do it for me at #32. So ultimately, I'd take Adams with some time invested in considering Kuechly and even Glenn as other options out of those choices.

Fleener.

I think he'll be BPA (him or Allen) and I like his size over Allens and he already plays the position closer to our style offense.

BPA + need + availability = profit.

I think Glenn will be gone by the time he gets to us but if he's available that'd be a really REALLY tough choice. He can play any spot on the line and excel at it.

I'm not a fan of Branch ... not the type of DE we normally like.

Mike Adams is probably gone.as well by the time we pick. I like Glenn for his versatility ... and Adams is strictly a LT and we have more need at RT.

Burlict and Hightower I don't like (I'll say that about any LBer who is a liability in coverage).

Kuechly is interesting if he drops to us but most likely will be gone and I think our need is greater elsewhere.

Zebrie Sanders is not impressive (even as a 2nd round pick). I think his stock falls before the draft.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TheEnigma"]This team needs a TE bad but if someone like Kuechly or Adams is still on the board, I'm not even considering Allen or Fleener anymore.

Even though the 4-3 MLB position is dying out, I think Kuechly could be good enough to be a 3 down LBer for us in the future. He's a great kid and NFL ready player but I don't see a ton of upside out of him like a Nicks or JPP.

Mike Adams is an intriguing prospect who has the potential to play either tackle spot which is good for us since neither LT or RT are guaranteed positions for us at this point. While I like Beatty, the kid has a thing for getting the most random injuries (unattached eye retina, wtf) and makes you wonder if he can be a franchise player. I think Brewer will be our future RT but we haven't seen a single thing from him. I see more upside out of Adams than Kuechly and I'd say Tackle is one of our weakest and most volatile postions at the moment.

So I'd probably go with Adams over Kuechly since his position is more valuable, better upside, and offers versatility as a RT/LT. Though Kuechly would be the safer pick in my mind as far as injuries and being a polished player.

Cordy Glenn is the most versatile player out of that bunch and could be the solution to getting our running game up the middle back on track but I feel you can find other versatile guards lower in the draft at better value like Kevin Zeitler. If we drafted him at #32, I wouldn't be upset though.

I like both TE's and while they are probably more around in the 35-40 range in value (imo), the Giants would be the best situation for either kid. Look at how good Jake Ballard did this year for us despite being slow. Imagine if we had a faster player with more upside along with Nicks, Cruz, and whoever our 3rd will be next year.

Now for the guys I don't want to see.

Hightower I feel would only be adequate on run plays for us and could be our achilles heel on passing downs if he was left in. Burfict looked lost this year and seemed to backpedal instead of go forward with his development. Not to mention he's a complete headcase. I think these two kids would be better suited on teams like the Steelers or Ravens.

Andre Branch is decent but I'd rather have someone like a Chandler Jones or a Cam Johnson. Whitney Mercilus is my favorite DE but I don't see him even getting past 20.

Sanders would be the worst option at 32. He's not even the best T on his team (that being Datko) and was getting abused badly at the Senior Bowl. That said, he does have potential but I don't think it's worth it in the 1st or even 2nd round. I feel like getting this kid would be like drafting a smaller James Brewer who needs time to work on his technique.

Kind of went on a rant there but some of those kids just don't do it for me at #32. So ultimately, I'd take Adams with some time invested in considering Kuechly and even Glenn as other options out of those choices.[/quote]
    You will not go wrong at 32 with Adams . That would be a dream come true if that scenario pops up. Instant upgrade and 10 years of quality play at RT. He is truly built in all ways to be a Giants OL player. Can't think of a better fit for our team than Adams .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Dwayne Allen - TE
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Dont'a Hightower - LB
    Luke Kuechly - LB
    Vontaze Burfict - LB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Zebrie Sanders - OT
    Cordy Glenn - G
    Andre Branch - DE

IF Osi isn't back next year then I'd go with the DE, Branch, in order to keep our pass rush strong since that's what our D is designed to do.[/quote]

I think Kuechly would be the best value of that bunch followed by Glenn.

Fleener or Allen would fill the biggest need. I like each for us for different reasons.

Reese always picks best available.

+ Reply to Thread