+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GIANTS' UNIFORMS UNLIKELY TO UNDERGO SERIOUS CHANGES AT THE HANDS OF NIKE IN 2012

GIANTS' UNIFORMS UNLIKELY TO UNDERGO SERIOUS CHANGES AT THE HANDS OF NIKE IN 2012

"At the inception of the 2012 league year, Nike will take over uniform rights for the NFL from Reebok.
    It has been established that Nike will aim to have a unique look for the threads, as
    they have stated themselves.

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning throws a
    touchdown pass against the San Francisco 49ers in the fourth quarter during the
    NFL NFC
    Championship game in San Francisco, California, January 22, 2012. REUTERS/Jeff
    Haynes (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)
    Nike CEO Mark
    Parker says the company will tweak uniforms, but "respect the teams traditions."

"We’re actually going to have some fun, but respect the traditions of these
    teams at the same time,” Parker said.

The New York
    Giants have one of the most iconic and recognizable uniforms in sports.
    Considering that all logo changes must pass through the NFL and
    management of respective teams, do not expect things to change much about the
    Giants uniforms.

Most of the "fun" Nike plans on having with the new uniforms will likely
    come at the expense of the "third" or "alternate" jerseys of respective teams.
    The New York
    Giants and San Francisco 49ers are the league's only teams without a third or
    alternate jersey (currently).

The Giants have their basic blue and white home and away jerseys. The team
    had red jerseys as a tip of the hat to the 1950s teams but stopped utilizing
    them after the 2006 season.

Nike is
    unlikely to make very many changes to the threads of a team whose uniform and
    tradition has been around as long as the Giants.

One possibility is that Nike could convince the Giants to add a 3rd or alternate
    jersey to their collection. Perhaps a tip of the hat to the 1980s and
    90sjerseys with the white pants and the "Giants" logo on the helmet."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro

Re: GIANTS' UNIFORMS UNLIKELY TO UNDERGO SERIOUS CHANGES AT THE HANDS OF NIKE IN 2012

One possibility is that Nike could convince the Giants to add a 3rd or alternate jersey to their collection. Perhaps a tip of the hat to the 1980s and 90sjerseys with the white pants and the "Giants" logo on the helmet.

Hell yeah!!! Im all for that!

Re: GIANTS' UNIFORMS UNLIKELY TO UNDERGO SERIOUS CHANGES AT THE HANDS OF NIKE IN 2012

They should change our road uniforms. terrible.
    I like the plain blue we have now. if they change a little bit, i'd be ok with that though.

it'd be cool to have some sort of semi-throwback as an alternate though.

Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

I like the plain blue we have now. if they change a little bit, i'd be ok with that though.

[/quote]

+1 road unis stink. the strips on the arms are ugly and they need more blue! how about some blue numbers and letters?

All-Pro

[quote user="jax5338"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote] +1 road unis stink. the strips on the arms are ugly and they need more blue! how about some blue numbers and letters?[/quote]

Then we look like this but with gray pants.

The road reds actually grew on me. Maybe it is all the winning they do in them, but I like em now

Didn't they wear the red alternates against the Cowboys in 2007?

......me want white pants!!!

[quote user="DemandedAce"]......me want white pants!!![/quote]

....me want too!!!!!!

I actually love the road uniforms. It might be because we've won 2 Superbowls and 2 NFC Championship games in them, but it's the home uniforms that I'd like to see changed, namely the pants. The blue goes better with white pants.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="jax5338"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote] +1 road unis stink. the strips on the arms are ugly and they need more blue! how about some blue numbers and letters?[/quote]

Then we look like this but with gray pants.

The road reds actually grew on me. Maybe it is all the winning they do in them, but I like em now

[/quote]

nah if they change it i say lose the stripes and change the pants color to a blue. we are big blue, and our road uniforms lack blue except for the helmet and one little stripe on the pants!