+ Reply to Thread

SUGGS RIPS TEBOW AS "TERRIBLE"

SUGGS RIPS TEBOW AS "TERRIBLE"

"Denver Broncos teammate Brady Quinn’s critical comments about quarterback Tim
    Tebow are generating headlines across the Internet, but Ravens linebacker
    Terrell Suggs also is quoted in the GQ article that contains Quinn’s
    remarks.

Suggs’ comments are similarly negative and surely will be
    recalled when the Ravens and Denver Broncos meet next season in
    Baltimore.

In the GQ article titled “The Year of Magical Stinking: An
    Oral History of Tebow Time,” authored by sportswriter Michael Silver, Suggs had
    this to say:

<a name="bp"></a>“They say we were giving him a hard time
    because he’s a Christian. No, that’s not it! We were giving him a hard time
    because he was terrible.”

Suggs, who was named the NFL’s Defensive Player
    of the Year earlier this month after leading the Ravens with 14 sacks in 2011,
    made frequent references to Tebow during the season, usually mocking the
    Broncos’ quarterback, who dominated media coverage of the NFL during the
    season.

“I mean, it’s an insult to us players,” Suggs told GQ. “You know,
    wins are hard to come by in this league, and if I was Denver’s defense, I would
    feel a certain way – they’re not allowed to, because they’re all on one team,
    but people are making it look like Tim Tebow is the kid from Foxborough (Tom
    Brady), which that couldn’t be more opposite. It’s just crazy that we’re calling
    him a phenomenon when basically he’s mediocre. (Carolina rookie) Cam Newton is a
    way better quarterback than Tim Tebow, and we don’t have a Cam Newton
    phenomenon.”

Quinn, who served as Tebow’s backup, has apologized for his
    comments in the GQ article. He attributed some of Tebow’s success to luck and
    questioned Tebow’s humility.

Suggs likely will not be
    apologizing."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: SUGGS RIPS TEBOW AS "TERRIBLE"

Tebow sucks.

It will be interesting to see how he fares in the upcoming season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Tebow was clutch when it counted. He may not be the traditional QB, but he is a winner and good for football.

Its a breath of fresh air to see and hear good things as opposed to the negative stories about players.

Suggs is just running his mouth as usual. Maybe he is upset because Tebow and the Broncos were able to beat the Steelers in the playoffs, something the Ravens can't do!

But I will agree---its not all Tebow in those wins, their D, running game and coaches and coaches had their part as well.

Tebow is not a me me me type guy---he always gave credit to others around him this passed season. Now will he be an all pro or hall of famer, ehh, maybe not. But lets give him a couple more full seasons before people say he sucks or is a bust.

He has a strong work ethic, has leadership qualities, not a criminal, and not a locker room cancer---good qualities you want from any player on an NFL TEAM.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]It will be interesting to see how he fares in the upcoming season.
    [/quote]He has been figured out. There will be buzz that he is working on mechanics or whatever (like pre-draft), but nothing will change.

Sure he has the heart to will a team down at the end of the game, but only if their defense stays on track. Realistically, their defense has to keep teams under 17-20 ppg consistently, because a Tebow led offense is really not gonna generate many points.

I've been saying it since Florida, he will be a bust. I'm surprised he has even had a small amount of success. Tebow is a fad. The NFL could figure Mike Vick out (who is a way better thrower and runner), they will easily figure Tebow out.

Best case scenario, he becomes a Vince Young. Worst case scenario, he becomes Denvers backup full back.