+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Michael Egnew TE Missouri

Was watching the combine for a little while and this guys numbers popped out at me.
    Hes 6'5 252 pounds
    4.53 40 yard dash (3rd best for TE's)
    36 inch vertical (Best among TE's)
    11 foot broad jump (Best among TE's)
    He's an athletic freak and these are almost identical to what jimmy graham put up in the combine 2 years ago. In no way shape or form am i saying hes going to be anywhere near as good as graham, just pointing out they had similar combine numbers and he has the potential to be that kind of player. Hes projected to be a mid 3rd to early fourth round pick. I think he would be a nice pick up for the giants in the third round. Any thoughts?

Re: Michael Egnew TE Missouri

I'm a fan. Been wanting to get him in the 3rd round but his combine is going to shoot his stock up.

[quote user="critters"]I'm a fan. Been wanting to get him in the 3rd round but his combine is going to shoot his stock up.[/quote] True, But i still think Allen, Fleener and Charles will still go ahead of him. Hell, I wouldnt mind spending our second on the kid either. He looks very good.

Wasn't this guy a big deal before this season? I remember him being talked up as a beast & supposedly having a bad year this season..

[quote user="myles2424"]Wasn't this guy a big deal before this season? I remember him being talked up as a beast & supposedly having a bad year this season..[/quote] Im not sure. I havent heard much about him...i only just witnessed his athletic ability. The reason he had a bad season this year, and this is only my observation, is probably because he had a top ten talent in Gabbert throwing to him last year...and this year he had a QB who wasnt as good. With Eli throwing to him i think he could dominate.

Little bit of a workout warrior. Wasn't impressive during senior bowl week, reports said he looked stiff out of his breaks and struggled getting separation.

However his vertical leap definitely is seen on the field. IMO he has the best body control out of any TE in this draft with Paulson coming second.

[quote user="Neverend"]Little bit of a workout warrior. Wasn't impressive during senior bowl week, reports said he looked stiff out of his breaks and struggled getting separation.

However his vertical leap definitely is seen on the field. IMO he has the best body control out of any TE in this draft with Paulson coming second.[/quote]
    I don't know about body control, but hes under sized and plays in slow motion...probably won't even be drafted

[quote user="Neverend"]Little bit of a workout warrior. Wasn't impressive during senior bowl week, reports said he looked stiff out of his breaks and struggled getting separation.

However his vertical leap definitely is seen on the field. IMO he has the best body control out of any TE in this draft with Paulson coming second.[/quote]
    I don't know about body control, but hes under sized and plays in slow motion...probably won't even be drafted

[quote user="Roxersboxers"][quote user="critters"]I'm a fan. Been wanting to get him in the 3rd round but his combine is going to shoot his stock up.[/quote] True, But i still think Allen, Fleener and Charles will still go ahead of him. Hell, I wouldnt mind spending our second on the kid either. He looks very good.[/quote] no Te's are going in the first round,they should start to come off the board at pick #42!

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]Little bit of a workout warrior. Wasn't impressive during senior bowl week, reports said he looked stiff out of his breaks and struggled getting separation.

[/quote]

I agree but watch some of the kids highlights. He has great hands and is good and one of the most consistent TEs in this draft at plucking the ball out of the air. Redeye seems to be pretty high on him as well

But yes I agree, gets little to no separation and lacks any kind of speed. But, hey, his ball skills is definitely NFL talent material. Wouldn't be bad to take a flyer on him